You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Na Firinne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 2:09am
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

There is a rumour doing the rounds that Sky will be picking up the LoI rights, and wait for it, paying for them.

RTID first with the breaking news as always

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/irish...24-rte-fai-tv/

RTÉ will show 78 live SSE Airtricity League Premier Division and FAI Ford Cup games as part of a new agreement with the Football Association of Ireland, which runs from now until November 2018.
The deal also includes live coverage of all of the Republic of Ireland’s qualification matches in the UEFA EURO 2016 qualification campaign, which kicks off on Sunday, 7 September, against Georgia in Tbilisi, and highlights of all home international friendly matches.
Soccer Republic will also continue to cover domestic and international football on Monday evenings.
Commenting on the news, FAI chief executive John Delaney said: “I want to thank RTÉ for their continued support of Irish football, both in the SSE Airtricity League and our international matches.
"With an exciting league season under way and as we head into a highly anticipated EURO 2016 qualification campaign, television exposure is important for the development and promotion of the game and helps the Association continue the work it does across all strands of the game in every part of Ireland.”

Acting Group Head of RTÉ Sport Clíona O’Leary added: “We are delighted to extend our partnership with the FAI, bringing Irish viewers live free-to-air coverage across the SSE Airtricity League Premier Division and FAI Ford Cup.
“This comprehensive coverage, combined with Soccer Republic, an exciting series covering all aspects of the game, with a particular focus on football in Ireland, underlines our strong commitment to the domestic game.
"And, as RTÉ has already secured live broadcast rights for all of Ireland’s Euro 2016 qualifying games, we really have the most comprehensive offering for fans, all free-to-air.”
Ireland's Number 1!!
Sponsored Links

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2014 at 12:06am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Shocking crowd in Tallaght by the looks of it on the goggle box....

Just shy of the 2,000 mark I'd have said, some outside factors of course with the match being on the box, the rain before the match, a bus full of away fans and Electric Picnic will have shaved a fair few off the crowd
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Doyler1993 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:20pm
Premier Division
Team Venue Average

Cork City Turner's Cross 3,398 
Dundalk Oriel Park 3,075 
Shamrock Rovers Tallaght Stadium 2,843 
Sligo Rovers The Showgrounds 1,723 
Bohemians Dalymount Park 1,712 
St. Patrick's Ath. Richmond Park 1,437 
Galway United Eamonn Deacy Park 1,299
Limerick Markets Field 1,281 
Derry City Brandywell Stadium 1,263 
Longford Town City Calling Stadium 902 
Drogheda United Hunky Dorys Park 774 
Bray Wanderers Carlisle Grounds 691 

First Division
Team Venue Average

Finn Harps Finn Park 829 
Shelbourne Tolka Park 659 
Cabinteely Stradbrook 605 
Wexford Youths Ferrycarrig Park 558
Waterford United Waterford Regional Sports Ground 444 
Cobh Ramblers St. Coleman's Park 313 
Athlone Town Athlone Town Stadium 304 
UCD UCD Bowl 262
IT’S NO USE BOILING YOUR CABBAGE TWICE
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by Doyler1993 Doyler1993 wrote:

Premier Division
Team Venue Average

Cork City Turner's Cross 3,398 
Dundalk Oriel Park 3,075 
Shamrock Rovers Tallaght Stadium 2,843 
Sligo Rovers The Showgrounds 1,723 
Bohemians Dalymount Park 1,712 
St. Patrick's Ath. Richmond Park 1,437 
Galway United Eamonn Deacy Park 1,299
Limerick Markets Field 1,281 
Derry City Brandywell Stadium 1,263 
Longford Town City Calling Stadium 902 
Drogheda United Hunky Dorys Park 774 
Bray Wanderers Carlisle Grounds 691 

First Division
Team Venue Average

Finn Harps Finn Park 829 
Shelbourne Tolka Park 659 
Cabinteely Stradbrook 605 
Wexford Youths Ferrycarrig Park 558
Waterford United Waterford Regional Sports Ground 444 
Cobh Ramblers St. Coleman's Park 313 
Athlone Town Athlone Town Stadium 304 
UCD UCD Bowl 262

Am I delusional or has there been an improvement? Those seem better than usual?
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 4:55pm
i thought youths had a similar attendance to UCD? It's not great for a team that won the title but in fairness they just don't have any legacy support to jump on the bandwagon. So averaging 558 isn't too bad. If they could throw another 100 on that next year they'd be at a similar level to Bray and drogheda.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 5:23pm
Away fans will do that.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 5:38pm
Grim
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:17pm
Do I need to ask again - why are ucd allowed in this league? Please god they don't get promoted
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Joe Stalin Joe Stalin wrote:

Do I need to ask again - why are ucd allowed in this league? Please god they don't get promoted

They are allowed in because no one else can afford it or is serious about being part of the league. The most logical thing now would be to merge Cabinteely and UCD and let them try and make a go of it in the very large catchment area of dunloighre rathdown. If with UCDs facilities and scholarship programme and cabinteelys youth structure they couldn't become a very good loi club then every club may as well forget about it.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 11:13am
I dislike UCD the same as every other LOI fan, but they more than anyone deserve their place in LOI football. They might not have any fans but aside from that, they constantly churn out good players and even this season they done themselves and the league proud with a few fantastic displays in Europe, alot more than what can be said for the embarrasment from Cork City. 
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

I dislike UCD the same as every other LOI fan, but they more than anyone deserve their place in LOI football. They might not have any fans but aside from that, they constantly churn out good players and even this season they done themselves and the league proud with a few fantastic displays in Europe, alot more than what can be said for the embarrasment from Cork City. 

Well said they are certainly an asset to the league. At the very least, they are probably one of the very few financially stable clubs in the league.
skinnymalinx View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skinnymalinx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:42pm
Couldn't disagree more about UCD. They have the best nursery for emerging talent and with their great results in Europe this year bring a hell of a lot more to the party than a dead duck like St pats( witness their 1 man and his dog attendance tonight as example).
If pats bohs and shells merged we would have 2 big clubs in the city with the 3rd a good breeding ground for talent.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2015 at 8:47pm
You may well get your wish very soon skinny.
Shels are a dead duck now. They were offered a ground share (not ideal and not something I'd want for my club) but they are desperate and they turned it down. Shels are on their own and will sink after another season or 2 of graveyard football.

There looks to be big problems at Pats. Players are jumping ship and it looks like Kelleher won't be funding them any more.

There need to be proper thought put into positioning clubs in the league. I think 3 or 4 big clubs are possible in Dublin but not with them on each others backs like shels and Bohs are. Big opportunity being missed there. But people don't want to hear about franchises because that's too American!
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2015 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

You may well get your wish very soon skinny.
Shels are a dead duck now. They were offered a ground share (not ideal and not something I'd want for my club) but they are desperate and they turned it down. Shels are on their own and will sink after another season or 2 of graveyard football.

There looks to be big problems at Pats. Players are jumping ship and it looks like Kelleher won't be funding them any more.

There need to be proper thought put into positioning clubs in the league. I think 3 or 4 big clubs are possible in Dublin but not with them on each others backs like shels and Bohs are. Big opportunity being missed there. But people don't want to hear about franchises because that's too American!

People saying that about GK giving up on pats for years! I highly doubt it's the case and would be stunned if pats aren't on paper at least one of the 2/3 teams favourites for the League next season! Pats are alright don't worry about that! Players jumping ship may be true but we don't know which ones will have had a choice or not! This season simply hasn't been good enough so things will need to be shaken up on the pitch
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic