You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Absolutely brutal for us, completely unsustainable. A shame as great crowd there day one.
Surely countdown until players/staff have to be laid off.
Bray look good for a European spot but yet no more people will come out to watch them than did when they were fighting relegation. Why wont people come out?
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Absolutely brutal for us, completely unsustainable. A shame as great crowd there day one.

Surely countdown until players/staff have to be laid off.
Bray look good for a European spot but yet no more people will come out to watch them than did when they were fighting relegation. Why wont people come out?

Absolutely no idea, not living in the area any more but I highly doubt any money at all is being put into promoting the club, I thought after a great game day one with 1000 people there that the attendances would improve.

@PM, Figure is accurate
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2017 at 9:54am
I was hoping things out by the seaside were on the up,its a shame and a real comment on the locals who must really not give a monkeys whether they have a team or not.one of the best awaydays in the league too.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 12:57am
Week 8
Harps V Dundalk - 1,211
Pats V Limerick - 1300 (est)
Drogheda V Tallaght Cub Scouts - 1,100
Cork V Derry City -5,275
Bray V Galway - 477
Sligo Rovers V Bohemians - 1,586

Cabo V Shels - 300 (est)
Waterford V Cobh - 1,675
Wexford V Longford - 100
UCD V Athlone - 100

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2017 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Week 8
Harps V Dundalk - 1,211
Pats V Limerick - 1300 (est)
Drogheda V Tallaght Cub Scouts - 1,100
Cork V Derry City -5,275
Bray V Galway - 477
Sligo Rovers V Bohemians - 1,586

Cabo V Shels - 300 (est)
Waterford V Cobh - 1,675
Wexford V Longford - 100
UCD V Athlone - 100

seemed like there was more at the rovers bohs game to me. I would have said around 2000.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:26am
I see the figure at Harps was around 900 tonight. 1750 odd it seems in both Limerick and Richmond Park and just shy of 3000 in Dundalk, hopefully there was a few more than usual in Bray to see a game like that!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:57am
2227 in Bray, kick off delayed because of it

More than half of that rovers fans but I won't complain

Beaten three of last seasons top four now, hopefully that starts getting people down
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:35am
Its hard to judge how good bray or cork actually are, we have been poor enough in some games but have still won by 2 or three goals. Standard of some of the teams we have played has been awful. Hopefully we will see another 5000+ attendance in turners cross next friday, think it will be citys biggest test so far this season.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:37am
Just a thought ....

10 game ticket to any ground €100 . I'm not a fan of any team so I will attend a few games around Dublin and I've only started doing so . No point in me taking up a season ticket with any club but paying €15 a game is a bit steep . Throw in a tenner for transport and a tenner for grub and what not and it's the guts of €50 .
They need to do something to draw people into the grounds
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

Just a thought ....

10 game ticket to any ground €100 . I'm not a fan of any team so I will attend a few games around Dublin and I've only started doing so . No point in me taking up a season ticket with any club but paying €15 a game is a bit steep . Throw in a tenner for transport and a tenner for grub and what not and it's the guts of €50 .
They need to do something to draw people into the grounds

Surely after a while you will develop a soft spot for one of the teams.
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:56pm
It's more to do with drawing more people and getting a buzz around the place . I'm one example of a person who is trying to support the league . I don't have a team but I'm willing to travel to various grounds to see what's on offer . I was giving an example of the cost for a night out in the LOI . That's per person so if I brought someone with me or a kid then it doubles (€100) kid (€75) . Do you think new fans will be attracted ? I know you arent having a go Kev but I'm trying to be realistic.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:31pm

It's more to do with drawing more people and getting a buzz around the place . I'm one example of a person who is trying to support the league . I don't have a team but I'm willing to travel to various grounds to see what's on offer . I was giving an example of the cost for a night out in the LOI . That's per person so if I brought someone with me or a kid then it doubles (€100) kid (€75) . Do you think new fans will be attracted ? I know you arent having a go Kev but I'm trying to be realistic.

Who ya telling, I have two sons that are hardcore, im forking out €40 on buses to away games every second week lol
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Who ya telling, I have two sons that are hardcore, im forking out €40 on buses to away games every second week lol

At least you are on top looking down at the rest !
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:23pm
There must be a link between Bray's attendance and the state of the stadium. Is it the worst in the league?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:07pm
Brays gound is grand. Oriel, Ballybofey both far worse

Edited by Twoinarow - 23 Apr 2017 at 8:44am
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 3:08am
And what's to stop everyone just buying your magic ticket and screwing the clubs?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Brays gound is grand. Oriel, Ballybofey both far worse

And Drogs

Nothing wrong from with the Carlisle, toilets need doing over but no worse than the ones at the grounds above or Bohs
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 10:25am
Toilets have been a problem at loi grou ds for years,the jodi at bohs was never done properly really and the rest of the old place is pre war really. (WW1 ) we will have far worse to contend with in the hellhole that is tolka,hopefully the dcc get the finger out and were back home within 2 years but i doubt it,this country just dosent do on time really.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 12>
  Share Topic