You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attendance Figures 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 9:25pm
I am sure they said over 2000 last night on S Republic but sure what the f**k do they know.
Sponsored Links

Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think the schools point is a really good one.
I know Rovers now have Graham Gartland working in a community role so I'd be hoping that working in schools will help to drive the next generation of fans.
For me, although I would class myself anything but a die-hard, the reason I started following Rovers as a kid was partly because they were successful and on TV a lot I suppose, but more so down to the fact that they used to come to my home town during the annual festival to play a 7-a-side exhibition on the beach so I had some sort of connection. 

Must have been all the green and white hoops ....
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:04pm

Week 3

Drogheda V Cork - 1,050
Dundalk V Limerick - 3,286
Shams V Derry - 3,251
Bohs V Bray - 1,505
Sligo Rovers V Pats - 1,087
Finn Harps V Galway - 1,022

Cobh V Shels - 417
Athlone V Longford - 380
Cabinteely V Wexford - 346
UCD V Waterford - 259

27% drop in attendances since game week 1.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:16pm
         Week 4
Pats v Harps - 895
Bray v Drogs - 638 
Derry v Dundalk - 1550
Cork v Sligo Rovers - 2,722
Limerick V Bohs - 1,760 (apparently didn't scan some tickets, could be 2k+)
Shams V Galway - 1051

If first division figures come out I`ll put them up.

Edited by Bitored - 16 Mar 2017 at 4:01am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 10:22pm
Beyond depressing looking at that
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Beyond depressing looking at that

Remember we were sold out and at capacity. We'd usually doubled that for such a game in brandywell
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Week 4
 Pats v Harps - 895
 Bray v Drogs - 638 
Derry v Dundalk - 1550
Cork v Sligo Rovers - 2,722
Limerick V Bohs - 1,760 (apparently didn't scan some tickets, could be 2k+)

If first division figures come out I`ll put them up.
Depressing, especially from City.
ccfcmurphy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccfcmurphy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:24am
Week 3 was on at the same time as the Ireland wales Rugby

Week 4 was on a Monday night and collided with Chelsea vs United

We are a bandwagon nation and things like this dramatically affect attendances  but I think the crowds will grow from here on
There's no point being the richest man in the graveyard
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by ccfcmurphy ccfcmurphy wrote:

We are a bandwagon nation and things like this dramatically affect attendances  but I think the crowds will grow from here on

Good chance there will be 7k at City's next home game so I wouldn't be too worried. Historically speaking that's a good crowd for a Monday night not even factoring in the FA Cup game. Doesn't mean we should pat ourselves on the back or anything but hardly a disaster either. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 9:44am
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Good chance there will be 7k at City's next home game so I wouldn't be too worried. Historically speaking that's a good crowd for a Monday night not even factoring in the FA Cup game. Doesn't mean we should pat ourselves on the back or anything but hardly a disaster either. 
If that's a good crowd, I`d hate to see a bad one!
Picking out the meeting between the top 2 sides and praising the fact there`ll be a big crowd at it is pure nonsense. Its the top 2 sides who will most likely be fighting it out for the title, if the crowd wasn't healthy then just forget about it.
There`s a couple of games this weekend in the PD that I can see struggling to break 1k.
Its poor in the 3 rd/ 4th week of the league even if you tar it with the old "a good LOI crowd" crap.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

If that's a good crowd, I`d hate to see a bad one!
Picking out the meeting between the top 2 sides and praising the fact there`ll be a big crowd at it is pure nonsense. Its the top 2 sides who will most likely be fighting it out for the title, if the crowd wasn't healthy then just forget about it.
There`s a couple of games this weekend in the PD that I can see struggling to break 1k.
Its poor in the 3 rd/ 4th week of the league even if you tar it with the old "a good LOI crowd" crap.
Absolutely spot on. There will be 7k at the next home game and 3k at the one after it.
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 12:18pm
3 out of the 4 biggest crowds so fare were Rovers. Just saying etc.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You couldn't sell out a derby on the second night of the season ffs. Put the rod away.LOLLOL
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2017 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You couldn't sell out a derby on the second night of the season ffs. Put the rod away.LOLLOL
here fishy fishy
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 8:09pm
2,675 at the dundalk match.
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 1:48am
        Week 5
Dundalk v Pats - 2,675 
Limerick v Harps - 1,186
Bohs V Galway - 1,137
Shams V Cork - 3,045
Sligo Rovers V Bray - 1,387
Derry V Drogheda - 1500 (couldn't find a figure but I'm going to assume in their current form they sold out or near enough) 

Cobh V Athlone - 400 (estimate)
Shels V Waterford - 422

FD figures are hard to come by as unlike the PD clubs they tend not to report their attendances so you get the likes of extra time putting up estimates which are usually generous. I`d assume the rest are anywhere from 50-400.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:18pm
Work is restarting on our new stadium in the next few months...Better news again that there is going to be terracing behind either goal. Due to be completed for 2019 season. Let's hope we can finally get there!
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Work is restarting on our new stadium in the next few months...Better news again that there is going to be terracing behind either goal. Due to be completed for 2019 season. Let's hope we can finally get there!
Not trying to piss on your parade, but how many times has work "restarted" at this stage?
I`ll believe it when I see it.

Edited by Bitored - 22 Mar 2017 at 11:21pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic