You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Athlone Town

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:05pm
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:15pm
So even after Gavin made the presentation on match fixing it still allegedly happend
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:22pm
I'll bet Fran won't be claiming the credit for creating the atmosphere for this to happen !
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I'll bet Fran won't be claiming the credit for creating the atmosphere for this to happen !
He will find some ridiculous way to spin it as a positive for d'association.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 6:39pm
At least there's a bit of interest in Athlone again!

Edited by Green Devil - 03 May 2017 at 6:41pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 7:59pm
the fai's very own waylon smithers strikes again. didn't gavin say at the start of the season we will be keeping a close eye on the new owners of athlone town to make sure they do things in a correct manner. four different first team coaches, a bus load of dodgy foreign signings and local lads asking to be released from their contracts. yeah its going well so far.  

Edited by Fozzy B - 03 May 2017 at 8:00pm
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:30pm
Did anyone see the second goal from the other day? LOL
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Did anyone see the second goal from the other day? LOL

He may as well have stopped it, done a few keepy-uppys and volleyed it home. It still couldn't have looked more suspicious. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:02pm
If this is the end of Athlone town surely it's near the end of the first division also. Reading Fran Gavin's comments on Athlone when the new owners took over now is brilliant
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:27am
What they need to to to these rougue traders is treat them the same way as Tom Coughlan at Cork City, A lenghty ban from all football activity, try and get uefa to come down heavy on them too.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:33am
A lengthy ban for the administrators who allowed this to happen to a club with 130 years of history would be preferable.
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 11:27am
The same administrators who 2 months ago were telling everyone how they have met the new investors that they were ambitious. Shame they never asked them what they're ambitions were. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

The same administrators who 2 months ago were telling everyone how they have met the new investors that they were ambitious. Shame they never asked them what they're ambitions were. 

"I have met Athlone's new investors and they are quite ambitious," said Gavin.

"We've never experienced that type of investment in a club where they're bringing players in from all over Europe.

"You would wonder what is their motivation. That's something we've to look at very carefully."

-Fran Gavin

reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:30pm
Well now you know Fran.

Who would santion any takeover or investment in a LOI club?
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:37pm
FAI Integrity Officer LOLLOLLOL

You couldn't make that sh*t up.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

A lengthy ban for the administrators who allowed this to happen to a club with 130 years of history would be preferable.
In one. There is a reason they picked Athlone.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:09pm
Very sad to see a club in such a mess. Good football people in athlone but something is wrong there in a long while. No name on the stadium failed to ful fill a fixture last season. Yet the club's underage teams are doing well in the ddsl and fai cups.
alive and kicking
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 1:27pm
The clubs statement said they were "Shocked" - I think ye were the only one's lads Wacko
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic