You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Athletics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:19pm
John Fitzsimons wins bronze in the 800m and the womens relay qualify as second fastest in the 4x100m - so potentially another medal there.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:25pm
Sonia O'Sullivan's daughter Sophie seems to be taking after her. Ran well and won in a couple of races last week

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jul 2017 at 4:26pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:30pm
There's a lot of young talented athletes coming through at the minute, at least at European level.

4 medals must be a record.

It's likely that the Gina will represent the UK as she trains and lives there, however just speculation at this stage.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 4:35pm
Horsey What's the reckoning about O'Sullivan's daughter will she compete for Ireland or Australia in the end at senior level ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 6:17pm
No idea. Not sure how good she is either. I know she won the Irish\Aussie 1500 but she could be a long way off Olympic standard etc..

The relay team came 4th - disaster.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 7:42pm
Delighted Irish Championships are live on the television. Mark English (UCD) looks the most coldest among the Media, can media resources extend to a long jacket (exceptional warm conditions allow for evaporation of sweat without chilling athlete adversaly).

In sumer 1988 maybe 1989. I learnt this weekend was organised. I invited two junior cousins visiting the family home to travel with me. Two buses, including stresses over the correct spot. We arrived, Adults IRL£8, Underage IRL£6 (Maybe £4). It was steep for 1988 (maybe 1989). I was 18/19 and as a one season LoI regular 3 underage tickets. Our group past through the gate and provided towards a space. No, a steward/Official shouting after me that I wasn't 18 and I should pay the full price. For only the second time in my life I lied. I believe I told the loud gentleman "I was under 18". That's not what you say when you to lie, apparently "spefivics (sumting)" are key/quay"
Because of my LoI experience, walk away from scene of the crime (turnstiles) so our group had responded to claimant and keep walking.
My first visit to Billy Morton (maybe Santry Stadium) it's got a legitimate International reputation and now I was there. Mostly 90-95 per cent Athleyes on terraces. 2017 I see the same spaces on the terraces.

can't remember the Athletes, don't have a programme of start-lists (athletics word for line-ups).

The negativity towards both Santry Stadium/Billy Morton Stadium/Santry Stadium by LoI/ Bord Gais/ Eircom/Airtricity/SSE Airtricity League are rude in the main due to opposition of Diversity/ sharing space with other sports. The 400m Athletics Stadium with 3 terraces is resented but Stadio Olympio, Roma Derby between AS Roma-SS Lazio-AS Roma are celebrated by the same LOI Fans are celebrated is very inconsistent.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:09pm
See the GB lad at 200m transferring to us. Seems the Brits are delaying the paperwork,he was on off the ball this week. Qualified for the worlds but the delay is costing him
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:15pm
Sounds like the Brits being spiteful so he can't run in London

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jul 2017 at 9:15pm

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Sounds like the Brits being spiteful so he can't run in London
seems that way alright
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 9:59pm
Are you referring to Leon Reid?

He's transferring to NI so not sure he will represent Ireland.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Are you referring to Leon Reid?

He's transferring to NI so not sure he will represent Ireland.

Wants to represent Ireland in the Worlds. Was on Off The Ball and their was a couple of articles in the paper during the week about it. He wrote to Coe as well about it

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Jul 2017 at 10:04pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:13pm
Well he can't, and he can't because he has to run at the Nationals which was today and he never ran so will be omitted from selection.

He also could have ran at the Morton Games, Cork City Sports and other events, but he didn't.

He did run at that NI 'Nationals' a few weeks back and said he wanted to represent NI. I wonder did he then realize that NI and GB are the same team!

There is guy called Jeremy Philips born in the US, whose parents are Irish and he did run at the Nationals in both 100 and 200. And he ran some other races too. So he faces competition there too.

Edit: Another athlete from the occupied 6 just won the 200m in the Commonwealth Games youths - Aaron Sexton and apparently Summer Lecky won the High Jump.

Edited by horsebox - 23 Jul 2017 at 10:22pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
The Jackal View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 10:55pm

There's a lot of young talented athletes coming through at the minute, at least at European level.

It's likely that the Gina will represent the UK as she trains and lives there, however just speculation at this stage.

She's nor British though?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by The Jackal The Jackal wrote:

She's nor British though?

It doesn't matter. You can compete for your country of residence if you are living there for x amount of years.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2017 at 10:32am
Jesus when you think about the amount of times the Brits used to harp on about 'Plastic Paddies'

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 6:10pm

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 11:59pm
Same kick in the home stretch as her motherClap
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 9:44am
Patience Jumbo-Gula should win the gold today at 7pm.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 16>
  Share Topic