You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Athletics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Athletics Thread
    Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:52am
WADA realsing their report into claims of Doping, cover-ups and extortion in Russian athletics this afternoon. According to one of the co-authours it will show a "different scale of corruption, even compared to FIFA"

Fûck me that quote is saying something
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:03pm
KGB basically helped the teams forge documents , state sponsored doping .
Might be a few medals upgraded here
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:03pm
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/09/wada-iaaf-russia-dick-pound-banned

Unf**king real. Coe's position is untenable. He either knew about and did nothing which makes him complicit or he didn't which makes him incompetent

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Nov 2015 at 7:04pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

KGB basically helped the teams forge documents , state sponsored doping .
Might be a few medals upgraded here

Rob Heffernan will get a Olympic bronze afaik

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:11pm
Coe getting an absolute roasting off Jon Snow on Ch4 news

RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 7:21pm
Coe comes out of this as an utter cock
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:45pm
I simply cannot believe that that lad's name is Dick Pound
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 8:50pm
Coe is a company man, quite literally. Works for Nike on top of his role as IAAF President. It's a clear conflict of interest. Nike have links to doping through Alberto Salazar's Nike Oregon project which includes Mo Farah. 

Some of the stuff Coe as said since becoming President have been worse than anything Pat McQuaid has ever come out with.

Russia should obviously be thrown out of the Olympics over this but they won't of course, a fudge will be found. 

€€€€€€€€

Russian sports minister Vitaly Mutko has apparently threatened to pull all anti-doping funding in Russia over this. A positive response from the Russians, so. LOL

It's pure comedy.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:05pm
Next question; 

Russia, with their state sponsored doping which the athletics governing bodies were fully complicit in, with their deliberate destroying of blood samples, their covering up of positive tests,  (if the report is to be believed),  finished 4th in the overall medal table in 2012. Just as a matter of interest, they finished 9th in the preceding World Championships, quite the improvement in that 2 years. 

All that doping, and they still couldn't manage to beat the clean athletes from the USA, China & Great Britain. Anyone want to have a guess at why ?? 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm
In fairness Pound did say it wasn't just the Russians at it but question is were other Govts involved to the level the Russian's were. Chinese are almost a certainty

Edited by Denis Irwin - 09 Nov 2015 at 9:18pm

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Next question; 

Russia, with their state sponsored doping which the athletics governing bodies were fully complicit in, with their deliberate destroying of blood samples, their covering up of positive tests,  (if the report is to be believed),  finished 4th in the overall medal table in 2012. Just as a matter of interest, they finished 9th in the preceding World Championships, quite the improvement in that 2 years. 

All that doping, and they still couldn't manage to beat the clean athletes from the USA, China & Great Britain. Anyone want to have a guess at why ?? 

Because nobody has the heart of a British LionClap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 9:43pm
Governments. Well, just to start with, the Spanish government, or functionaries of same,  destroyed blood bags from Operation Puerto, of which it is probably a good time to remind people that only about 15% of Mr Fuentés sports clients were the much demonised cyclists. The other 85%, well who knows. And Fuentés was only one single doctor. Probably the only doctor in Spain at the doping carry on, by the looks of things, which was a lucky escape for all involved. 

Were US & GB government agencies involved in doping ? Probably not. China ?? Well, they certainly have the form. Not that we will hear much about that either. 

The athletes from those countries doping in a private capacity ? Or training with the assistance/guidance of suspect coaches like Salazar ?? (Again, Salazar isn't the only dodgy coach in athletics)  Can imagine there is a few out there, to say the least. 

Athletics hasn't been remotely believeable for years, it should have less credibility than cycling, and does to anyone with their eyes open, but for the masses, industrialised doping ended with the fall of the Berlin wall. Very convenient, but even thinking about it logically, why would that be the case, given what we know about the aforementioned cycling to name just one sport ? There will always be athletes & sportspeople prepared to dope, and where there is demand, there will be a supply of sorts to meet it.

The only shock or surprise here is the fact anyone at all is shocked or surprised. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 9:24pm
Might as well use this thread.

Ciara Mageean with a European bronze. Fiona Brutton\McCormac came 4th in the Europeans with the gold medal being won by a Kenyan .

Molly Scott broke the Irish junior record twice in the 100mh winning a bronze in the European Youth Olympics and a girl from Dundalk Gina Akpe-Moses won silver in the 100.

They went onto the World u20 and came 5th in the 4x100 relay and breaking the Irish record.

Another Irish lad came 4th in the 800 too.

Edited by horsebox - 23 Jul 2016 at 9:26pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 6:48pm

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2017 at 7:21pm
Anyone on here going to the World Athletics Championships in London this summer?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:46pm

GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Gold for Ireland in the Womens 100m at the U-20 European Championships

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/gina-akpemoses-scoops-gold-for-ireland-in-100m-sprint-35955063.html

Great stuff.

Ps. Why do English people pronounce Ireland as "eyeland"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2017 at 2:33pm
Bronze for Micheala Walsh too.

Watch out for Kate O'Connor in the multievents. She came 8th I think and she is only 16.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic