You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aston Villa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 122>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 6:09am
Speculation that Thierry Henry will be named as the new Villa boss this week.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:27pm
Dean Smith new Villa Head coach and his assistant is John Terry.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

I guess money talks and all that, I just wonder if, like Simon Grayson, he will end up regretting jumping ship for a bigger club who are struggling. I imagine that if he kept Brentford in  playoff contention he could have had his pick of Championship jobs in the summer.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I guess money talks and all that, I just wonder if, like Simon Grayson, he will end up regretting jumping ship for a bigger club who are struggling. I imagine that if he kept Brentford in  playoff contention he could have had his pick of Championship jobs in the summer.

I'm sure with Smith being a boyhood Villa fan it was a no brainer for him to take the job.

I doubt money played much part in it. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I'm sure with Smith being a boyhood Villa fan it was a no brainer for him to take the job.

I doubt money played much part in it. 
The £2.5 million probably helped though. It would want to as it is liable to destroy his career.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:34pm
The most high profile assistant in world football now. Keano will be delighted to have some of the spotlight taken off him. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2018 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The most high profile assistant in world football now. Keano will be delighted to have some of the spotlight taken off him. 

It's funny because I have seen him as a number two for most of his career.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 5:47am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Doubtful.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:29am
Great signing by Villa 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:34am
Good appointment though not too sure about Terry as his assistant I would imagine Smith would rather have brought his own assistant in.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:51am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Good appointment though not too sure about Terry as his assistant I would imagine Smith would rather have brought his own assistant in.
Yeah I really don’t understand the glamour no2 myself. 

I wouldn’t really compare Grayson going to Sunderland with this either. Sunderland were a basket case @ the time & id doubt it would’ve worked out for many coaches 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Yeah I really don’t understand the glamour no2 myself. 

I wouldn’t really compare Grayson going to Sunderland with this either. Sunderland were a basket case @ the time & id doubt it would’ve worked out for many coaches 
Villa might not be as bad as Sunderland were, but they have been badly ran for some time.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:25am
Terry isn't the assistant/#2, he brought one with him from Brentford, he's further down the pecking order.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 10:27am
So Terry is getting a million quid a year for f**k all?
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 11:33am
Doug Ellis died this morning there.

Are you sure Terry isn't the new assistant manager?
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Terry isn't the assistant/#2, he brought one with him from Brentford, he's further down the pecking order.

Terry is the assistant 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 3:51pm
His assistant from Brentford, Richard O Kelly has signed on for Villa too so it’s a strange one 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2018 at 7:05pm
Happy with the appointment, knows the league, plays good style of football which we have been crying out for with all our attacking players and is a Villa fan, really looking forward to seeing how this goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 122>
  Share Topic