You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aston Villa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 122>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:05pm
I'll agree with Gestede but that's about it. People who don't watch the Championship underestimate the league so badly it's almost hilarious.

If the league was all about squad strength then perhaps but in reality it's all about squad mentality, which Villa has absolutely none of.

If it was about strength then why do Derby County keep collapsing every season when they top the table at Xmas. And the likes of Sheff Wed and their billions not walking it but teams like Bournemouth had an easy ride through it.

Villa need to get a proper squad together with people who give a f**k otherwise they're gonna get humped more times than Geordie Shore in that league too.
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

I'll agree with Gestede but that's about it. People who don't watch the Championship underestimate the league so badly it's almost hilarious.

If the league was all about squad strength then perhaps but in reality it's all about squad mentality, which Villa has absolutely none of.

If it was about strength then why do Derby County keep collapsing every season when they top the table at Xmas. And the likes of Sheff Wed and their billions not walking it but teams like Bournemouth had an easy ride through it.

Villa need to get a proper squad together with people who give a f**k otherwise they're gonna get humped more times than Geordie Shore in that league too.

You'll agree about Gestede yet Idrissa Gueye has easily been Villa's best player this season as I've pointed out? Why ignore the Grealish comment too? 

Sorry now but I watch plenty of Championship games especially for betting purposes, as do a lot of other blokes on this forum.

Lets be honest it's not all about mentality, for sure it helps but if you have some quality players about the place who actually have the desire to be there then it certainly helps. I mean in Gestede they have a proven goal scorer already at Championship level so that's one less issue they have to deal with already.

Sheffield Wednesday have only spent £15million on players since 2011 so where are these billions?

Also, I don't think anyone has stated they feel Villa will walk the Championship next season, but with some investment it would be foolish to write them off already? 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:50pm
Most of what you say about the division is correct GD, as for Villa.....
How on earth can they invest? There wage bill is huge, absolutely massive, all of it on toxic players that will be impossible to remove. As I said, Villa need to completely rebuild, that isn't going to happen overnight and it depends how they go about it, but I would completely write them off being anywhere near even a playoff challenge. If they are expecting that and the fans demand it, expect a couple of managers a season and probable relegation.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

You'll agree about Gestede yet Idrissa Gueye has easily been Villa's best player this season as I've pointed out? Why ignore the Grealish comment too? 

Sorry now but I watch plenty of Championship games especially for betting purposes, as do a lot of other blokes on this forum.

Lets be honest it's not all about mentality, for sure it helps but if you have some quality players about the place who actually have the desire to be there then it certainly helps. I mean in Gestede they have a proven goal scorer already at Championship level so that's one less issue they have to deal with already.

Sheffield Wednesday have only spent £15million on players since 2011 so where are these billions?

Also, I don't think anyone has stated they feel Villa will walk the Championship next season, but with some investment it would be foolish to write them off already? 

Why mention Gueye when he's already announced that he's quitting the club. It makes the argument weak and if the club forcibly keep him then he's just gonna end up as mentally weak as the others.
So Gestede is really the only person you can say yeah he'll actually do well in that league.

As for Sheff Wednesday, FFP, you can't overspend in the Championship unless you're 100% sure you're going up or you're getting docked the following season. They're paying Aiden McGeady £60,000 a week for him to play in the Championship. Once they go up they're not going back down for a long time. The fella's who bought them are seriously rich.

Again the word investment has been used when the owner has gone completely AWOL and didn't give a f**k about the club in the January window.

Someone correctly pointed out they're in serious danger of doing a Wolves where they kept the same squad of overpaid players who didn't actually want to be there and inevitably ended up in League 1.

HelloBarry View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HelloBarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:16am
Kinda sad after hearing the news that they are relegated for the longest time who would have thought that EPL season 2015-16 is somewhat unpredictable
Quit while you are ahead.
All the best gamblers do.

http://blog.sbobet.com/tips
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:38am
Fooking unbelievable comments from Lescott, he should be ran outa Villa Park by a lynch mob, Christ almighty, what a complete tool. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ewerk View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 10:58am
I have no sympathy for Villa after their entirely unnecessary gloating following Newcastle's relegation at Villa Park in 2009. Despite there being no previous animosity between the two clubs some fans went to the trouble of making and bringing banners to the match trying to take the piss and basically celebrating our relegation as if they'd just beaten us in a cup final. They are the ultimate grey club.

So f**k them.
ewerk View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewerk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:42pm
"David Bernstein and Mervyn King resign with immediate affect saying positions untenable"

The meltdown continues.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:44pm
They were only hired last month LOL

Aston Villa's boardroom is so bad they need a boardroom to replace the boardroom who replaced the old boardroom.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:56pm
Holy f**k

Successive relegations a real possibility now IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 5:53pm
Top 3 Managers I'd go for - 

Mick McCarthy/Chris Hughton - Worked with clubs in turmoil before and on low budgets, did more than fine.
Neil Warnock - Horrible dislikeable man but he knows the Championship inside out, turned Palace around until their points deduction, taken Rotherham from inevitable relegation to safety.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by ewerk ewerk wrote:

I have no sympathy for Villa after their entirely unnecessary gloating following Newcastle's relegation at Villa Park in 2009. Despite there being no previous animosity between the two clubs some fans went to the trouble of making and bringing banners to the match trying to take the piss and basically celebrating our relegation as if they'd just beaten us in a cup final. They are the ultimate grey club.

So f**k them.

LOL

This gave me a good laugh coming from a Newcastle fan LOL

Moyes be appointed soon and panic will be over and he will be given a heap of money and get rid of a load of sh*te also in the process. 

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Holy f**k

Don't over react whatever you do Dinny Clap

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Holy f**k

Don't over react whatever you do Dinny Clap

Is it an overreaction though ? Club for sale for ages, no buyers coming forward, ye have lost directors off the board in some kind of record numbers, club stacked full of useless players on big contracts that will either have to be sold at a massive loss or even more unlikely, moulded into some kind of team that will play & fight in the championship, which is a tough league in itself, look how long the likes of Forest, Fulham, Middlesboro are trying to get out of it. 

It is simplifying it a bit to think a good championship manager like Pearson, Warnock, McCarthy, Hughton or lads like that could come in & instantly fix it, there will be a lot of things at the club (such as the decision to cut losses on players, for example) that may not be in the control of the manager. Dunno about successive relegations, but right now, Villa are a far better bet to finish nearer relegation than promotion in that division. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Jessica Rabbit View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessica Rabbit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 11:59pm
I really hope we appoint some decent in the summer, the club badly needs a lift and someone like Moyes would be perfect provided Lerner backs him. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 10:41am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2016 at 6:24am
Damien Comolli getting linked with Villa.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2016 at 8:30pm
Anyone see the video on balls.ie of the villa fans at the weekend ? Very funny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 115116117118119 122>
  Share Topic