Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ask Siralex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:21pm
Some quality posts in this thread, especially from me
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:33pm
Great thread!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Man from Del Monte View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man from Del Monte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Some mortifying reading in this thread.

I am absolutely certain David Moyes will be a long-term success for United.

United will have their 45-odd points by New Years Day and will be in title contention.

Anyone getting excited by United only getting four points from three games at the start of the season or any United fan disappointed by that need their f**king heads examined. 

we need to experiment more in the creative end of the pitch, that will undoubtedly come. Anyone thinking it won't is only talking in hope. And talking in 'hope' when it comes to fotball is a little tedious and embarrassing.

Mortifying indeed.

say yes
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2014 at 9:49pm

Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

SirAlex, while you generally are not short of a word and the stuff you come out with is generally good solid banter ...i think you might be taking alot of body shots on board here ....do you think you are wearing united tinted glasses too much and that you are not always right ? especially about uniteds defense ?

No - I am not wearing red Tinted glasses, I never have done and never will do. I don't see the point. If anything, a biased view is the one kind of view that is unlistenable to me. I can't stand a biased view. With football, you either call it as you see it or else you are a bullsh*tter in my eyes. I call it as I see it.

Do I think I am not always right? I'm certain I am not always right. Jaysus, If I was always right, I'd be a rich man living off my bets. What I tend to think I can do is call the long-term right, as opposed to individual matches or whatever. I'm not too interested in players, I see them as the pawns really - especially at the highest level of the game. My real interest in football is the manager. I study the shapes of teams and approaches to certain games that managers take. I find it fascinating. So by trying to study them and watching a lot of football, I tend to be able to call what I think will happen over time with teams, how they will do in that competition, what sort of approach they take, where are their strengths where are their weaknesses. I tend to look for those things, it's my buzz, it's my favourite hobby.. I'm far from always right, but if you watch a lot of football and properly watch it, you tend to find you can call it right from a genuine angle as opposed to just using soundbytes like most do and talking about individual players etc. 

Regarding United's defense. As I said, Sunday was very disappointing performance - all over the park for United. But up until then, United's defence looked rock solid. As I said, there had only ben two ocassions in United's opening five games this season where an opposition player had the ball in behind United's defensive line. That's two times in 450-minutes of football. That's incredible. Sunday was a big blow and I didn't like the lapseness of United against Leverusen in the last few minutes. But aside form that, they have looked rock solid at the back. One game against an on-fire City wouldn't change my mind on that at all. My overall view is that United look really solid defensively and  I don't think they'll conceed many from open play over the next two months in the Premier League. Maybe a couple, and that would be jaw-dropping, but I'm so confident in how United look defensively that I'm pretty sure they will conceed very few goals from open play! I'll actually stick my neck on the line to show you what I mean, I'll indulge and give you a figure. I think United will not conceed more than four goals from open play over the next two months of Premier League games...Because I believe, muck more oft hen than not, Moyes' United looks rock solid in open play.

My view isn't red-tinted, it's just as I genuinely see it.

Some glorious nonsense spouted in this thread. This was at a time when Rio Ferdinand had downed tools for the season in September already and United defense looked an absolute shambles to every single football analyst. 

Siralex, the gift that keeps on giving Clap
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2014 at 8:31am
Cant believe I was so politeEmbarrassed ......what a spoofer he is LOL
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 6:04pm
There is no need to ask Sir Alex anymore,LOL you can just ask Moyes himself Big smile

Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 5:59pm
Will United make the top 4 this season?
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2014 at 11:32pm
Will any team get in behind Man Uniteds defence this season? 

Hypothetically, if United are 10th come January and out of everything, is there any conceivable way that LVG could be sacked. I know united aren't a sacking club and they honour a managers contract no matter what, but is it plausible to sack him if such a situation arises?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 9:18am
BUMP
What's your review of the season so far?

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:24am

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

In the theme of the recent #AskTribal thread on here, i feel its time we had a new thread to ask random football questions to one of our more intriguing characters. 

Who do you think would be the best man for the vacant Ireland managers job?

What were your views on Trapattoni as Ireland manager?

What would your Ireland starting XI be?

What do you think of the Gareth Bale transfer? 

and finally, changing subject - Who do you think will win Sundays All Ireland Final?

#AskSiralex 

Wow - I am so honoured. Thanks Baggio.

Who do you think would be the best man for the vacant Ireland managers job?
Ah, been answering this one for the past week. From a personal point of view, I'd love to see Roy Keane get the job, only for the fact that so many people in the country who are disilussioned and not that interested in international football such as me, would suddenly have our ears pricked. The Aviva has never been to full capacity under Trap, under Keane the nation would be intrigued again and every seat would be full - for a while at least. Whether he is the best man or not is totally open for debate though - he's just the most interesteing man for me. In farirness, Martin O'Neill fits the bill in terms of age and experience, but it is a very boring appointment. He has great qualities required for a national team manager, age profile is perfect and he is known for getting the best out of average players. He is also very passionate and I think passion can be everything at international stage. But make no mistake about it, his approach to winning football matches is exhaustingly boring. My pick: Keane. Safest pick: O'Neill.

What were your views on Trapattoni as Ireland manager?
He did very well, initially. It's interesting to me that he had his views and his appraoch that really worked well but when he was asked by the FAI to change it and to introduce new and younger players to his team,  results went down the pan. WHy change it? Things had been working well. The FAI got scared by some plumbs in teh media. The best Ireland can hope for, due to seedings, is finishing in the play-offs, but are certainly no certs for finishing second in groups. Let's not forget that Europe is expanding massively and our chances are not great. But Trap finished second twice from three attempts and I think we should acept that from ANY manager. That's slightly overachieving in my eyes, to be honest. He was a stubborn f**ker though, and only wanted to do his own thing, but al the great managers are stubborn f**ks.

Some very valid points made by SA

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:32am
Good bump Kilbane.

Pretty good summary of Trap and assessment of O'Neill from SA Thumbs Up
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 10:47am
Nail on the head
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:14am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 11:25am
Bring him back Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
  Share Topic