You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asian Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 8:59am
Bilic signed with Beijing Guoan, one of the biggest clubs in Asia with a rabid fan base

Big club to be at and he'll have a good life in Beijing 
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bilic signed with Beijing Guoan, one of the biggest clubs in Asia with a rabid fan base

Will be pressure on him from the start though!!

Vitor Pereira gone from SIPG and replaced by Ivan Leko. Pereira will definitely be after a high profile job in Europe. 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 10:11am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Vitor Pereira gone from SIPG and replaced by Ivan Leko. Pereira will definitely be after a high profile job in Europe. 

I believe he was favourite for the Everton job before Ancelotti got it, and he may well have gotten the job over Ancelotti had he not had a ridiculously high buyout clause in his contract. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2021 at 10:15am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I believe he was favourite for the Everton job before Ancelotti got it, and he may well have gotten the job over Ancelotti had he not had a ridiculously high buyout clause in his contract. 
He's got a good agent so I wouldn't necessarily say he was the favourite for Everton job!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 5:06pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:19pm
Vietnam, pointless to date, have beaten China 3-1.

It's hard to fathom how things have gotten that bad. 

Money is gone from the game there now too, so players coming through now won't have much of a hope. 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:34pm
Aussies only drew in Oman. They’ll need to beat both Japan and Saudi Arabia to go through.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:46pm

Money is gone from the game there now too, so players coming through now won't have much of a hope. 

Vietnam did run both Japan and Saudi Arabia quite close too, so probably not as bad but I agree China should be beating them.

Australia dropped points to Oman today too which makes their task of automatic qualification tough

Saudis play China next time out only needing a point to qualify, Australia play Japan needing to beat them to draw level, they'll then need to match Japan's result at home to Vietnam away to the Saudis.

I still think whichever team in Group B should have enough to get through to the Intercontinental playoffs though as Saudis, Japan and Australia should be capable of beating one of UAE/Lebanon/Iraq* in the Asian Playoff

*Iraq can still qualify but would need other matches to go their way. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:55pm

The mismanagement of the whole system is huge. 
The best hope they have is some of the academy systems producing players - I know SIPG put a lot of focus on this. Not sure what other clubs were doing. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:59pm

Vietnam did run both Japan and Saudi Arabia quite close too, so probably not as bad but I agree China should be beating them.

Australia dropped points to Oman today too which makes their task of automatic qualification tough

Saudis play China next time out only needing a point to qualify, Australia play Japan needing to beat them to draw level, they'll then need to match Japan's result at home to Vietnam away to the Saudis.

I still think whichever team in Group B should have enough to get through to the Intercontinental playoffs though as Saudis, Japan and Australia should be capable of beating one of UAE/Lebanon/Iraq* in the Asian Playoff

Would they not play the South American 5th place side no? 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 8:59pm
NVidic what do you think are the chances of China hosting a World Cup in the future?

I know there was talk of them looking to host 2030 or 2034

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

The third place teams in group a and b play each other first then play the 5th place South American team.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:13pm

NVidic what do you think are the chances of China hosting a World Cup in the future?

Nearly the all the stadia would have running tracks around them - On that basis alone they should not be allowed to host it!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:20pm

The third place teams in group a and b play each other first then play the 5th place South American team.

So the moral of the story is they're fooked anyway Wink

Colombia or Uruguay will practically have a bye to the finals. 

A single leg tie in Qatar gives them more of a chance unlike poor New Zealand last time out having to deal with the Peruvian airforce. LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:29pm

So the moral of the story is they're fooked anyway Wink

Colombia or Uruguay will practically have a bye to the finals. 

A single leg tie in Qatar gives them more of a chance unlike poor New Zealand last time out having to deal with the Peruvian airforce. LOL
Japan beat Colombia at the last World Cup so I wouldn't rule it out but yeah the South American team would be heavy favorites for that game.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 9:31pm

Nearly the all the stadia would have running tracks around them - On that basis alone they should not be allowed to host it!

LOL

I looked up the Stadiums in China and yeah majority are Olympic stadiums

Edited by lassassinblanc - 01 Feb 2022 at 9:32pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 10:02pm
Heard on a podcast earlier that the intercontinental playoffs hadn’t been decided yet. 1 from Asia, South America, concacaf and New Zealand.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2022 at 10:10pm
All them matches against us starting to pay off for the OmaneseClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic