You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asian Football

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asian Football
    Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 9:49pm
Thought i'd start a thread on this for the few of us interested in it, clubs, countries (including aus) can all be lashed in hereThumbs Up

Champions league into second week...no major surprises yet, still fancy guangzhou to do well but they lost their derby at the weekend to a newly promoted club so hard know whats going on, worth a punt tomorrow in their game against a thai side if odds are going (check Paddy Power in play).

Chinese league two weeks, newly promoted Guangzhou R&F on top, only team to have won 2 from 2, Shanghai - Guangzhou evergrande should be decent this week. The newly renamed 'Nanchang Hengyuan Football Club Shanghai Shenxin Football Team' have two more points than their more famous neighbours shenhua - home to Nicholas Anelka.

Tokyo Verdy, home to the Killoran twins, lie 6th on 7 points after 4 games, already 5 points behind in J league 2.
Sponsored Links

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:01pm
Has the Persepolis v Al Hilal 2nd leg took place yet vidic? Told the lads in work the other week Al Hilal were as sure a thing as you could get to win the home leg and it ended up 1-1 Embarrassed though in fairness they had won something like 8 off their last 9 and only conceded about 5 goals
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Has the Persepolis v Al Hilal 2nd leg took place yet vidic? Told the lads in work the other week Al Hilal were as sure a thing as you could get to win the home leg and it ended up 1-1 Embarrassed though in fairness they had won something like 8 off their last 9 and only conceded about 5 goals

Persopolis playing tomorrow but not Al-Hilal, playing Al-Shabab. Its all still group games and they split it into east and west Asia to prevent travel being too far. Persopolis have Eaman Zayed as well don't forget! Although he didn't play in that match.

Kind of hard to predict it when you don't know too much about the comparative strength Thai or UAE football etc. Have watched Guangzhou though and reckon they will challenge this year.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:00pm
Didnt realise it was a group they were in vidic as thought this was at the knockout stage, who else is in their group? Still think Al Hilal should've won as watched a bit off the game and their left back handled on the line at end off the 1st half and did well to equalise with the 10men in the 2nd half
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2012 at 11:27pm

Didnt realise it was a group they were in vidic as thought this was at the knockout stage, who else is in their group? Still think Al Hilal should've won as watched a bit off the game and their left back handled on the line at end off the 1st half and did well to equalise with the 10men in the 2nd half

Where you get it? Paddy Power tv? they show Chinese games there now, hadnt realised and missed Hhanghai away to Beijing, was sickened! Although seeing them Beijing prícks celebrating at the wouldnt have been too much craic.

Al Gharafa of Qatar are the fourth team, lot of them on 1 point. 8 groups - 4 east, 4 west, cant meet each other until Semi's! Having said that the Aussie teams still have some amount or travelling, Adelaide threw a Uzbeki team this year. Sydney has Shaghai last year and managed to bring 2 dozen or so fans with then on the 13 hour flight! Roy Keane went to the leg in Sydney.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 12:07am
Watch it on Bet365, discovered about 5 years ago could watch the blades affiliate clubs - Chengdu Blades, Ferencvaros, Central Coast Mariners on a saturday but never Sheff Utd by watching them play on there Thumbs Down Just need to have an account (no deposit required i dont think)

Failing that eurosport would have a good bit of the asain champions league on in the day time, know they did last year as watched a good bit on there when out off work

Reckon them Uzbeki teams are handy as they are producing very good techinal players the last 5 or so years and the national team will be pushing for a world cup spot in 2014 i reckon though goin by football manager some off their players are in the Chinese league(well they are in the game)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:42pm
Yeah the Uzbeki's are upto good things there, been keeping an eye on their set up.

1/7 Guangzhou lost 2-1 to Burinam of Thailand at home today, something strange going on at that club.

Persopolis beat Al Shabab 6-1 (Irishman Eamon Zayed with the first threeClap and in the same group al-hilal drew 3-3, they had been 3-1 up.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 9:45pm
G'wan Zayed Clap

Fecking Hilal, dunno why I look out for their results but always try to in the asain c/l  LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2012 at 11:19pm

G'wan Zayed Clap

Fecking Hilal, dunno why I look out for their results but always try to in the asain c/l  LOL

As long as youre not losing money! Mad team to follow though out of all of them!

Nagoya Grampus Eight drew 1-1 away to central coast mariners for anyone who keeps an eye out for them after Linikers spell there
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2012 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Ferdinand looking at move to china...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/30/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-china

There was talk of Lampard as well. China must be a nicer retirement home than the States. 
It's Jack Shat
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2012 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Ferdinand looking at move to china...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/30/rio-ferdinand-manchester-united-china

There was talk of Lampard as well. China must be a nicer retirement home than the States. 

As I said before if I could be loaded anywhere it would be China, your money goes much further and the standard of living is extremely high, speaking of which, Alonso to Beijing 'scum of the earth' Guoan, expect western press to pick this up soon.

http://wildeastfootball.net/2012/04/wef-exclusive-fan-power-persuades-xabi-alonso-to-join-beijing-guoan/

Real Madrid and Spanish international superstar Xabi Alonso is set to join Beijing Guoan in the summer on a three year deal worth an eye watering $60 million – WEF can exclusively reveal.

And in a bizarre twist, the former Liverpool midfielder revealed that he was so moved by the Guoan fans’ ceaseless chanting of his name that he felt an instant affinity with the Gongti faithful.

The signing sees Beijing Guoan play catch-up with big-spending rivals Shanghai Shenhua and Guangzhou Evergrande – clubs based in China’s other two major cities.

Alonso recently took in a Beijing Guoan match during a promotional tour to China and a source close to the club told WEF that the player said, “I was so impressed with 50,000 fans calling my name so often throughout the game, a few fans saw me sitting in the VIP box then just seconds later the whole stadium was chanting Xabi! Xabi! – I don’t how word spread so fast but I was really touched by the sincere support and I just knew that this was the club for me.”

The Spaniard revealed that he made his final decision after learning that the fans were shouting his name through the whole match during subsequent games which he was not in China to attend. “I’ve always had a fascination for China ever since I learned the cockney rhyming slang for ‘mate’ during my time playing in England.  I thought about joining Shanghai, but when I visited there were so many people wandering around outside my hotel in pyjamas I thought I was in a city of sleep walkers.”

The deal is thought to include a range of commercial agreements, which will see Alonso endorse a leading Roast Duck, Baijiu and Cigarette brands. A leading Chinese business analyst, Gou Shi, said the deal represented a breakthrough in sports marketing, linking local cultural icons with a global sporting one.

Edited by nvidic - 01 Apr 2012 at 12:39pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 1:45am
Eamon Zayed scored yet another in a 3-0 away win for his team in the Asian CL, they are now four clear on 7 points and also the only team to record a win the that group. Zayed is now the competitions top scorer.Clap

Elsewhere, Pahktador Tashkent recorded a first win, Beijing drew at home to Tokyo, Brisbane drew with Ulsan, Guangzhou got somewhat back on track with a 0-0 at Kashiwa to follow up a 0-1 away to Shanghai at the weekend in a boring 'battle of the big spenders' class in China with two fo the worlds top 10 best players on show in Anelka(who gave away the free kick leading to the goal) and Dario Conca who earns $10.4 millions a year after tax.

Edited by nvidic - 05 Apr 2012 at 1:46am
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:41am
اهداف الفتح و الاتفاق 2-1 كأس الملك - ذهاب
Some great goals in this LOL
Mainly posted this due to the fecking swerve on the free kick for the first goal, fecking amazing movement(and before you ask youtube's smart technology recommends these goals/teams/match's to me all the time even though I aint got a fecking clue who's playing other than ALLLAHHH LOL)

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:44am
G'wan اهداف الفتح و الاتفاق
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:46am
Ohh and Vidic I see Persepolis v Al Hillal return game is on tuesday Thumbs Up
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:50am
Now this is a fecking tackle Shocked
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 12:59am

Ohh and Vidic I see Persepolis v Al Hillal return game is on tuesday Thumbs Up

Could see thaw draw in it to see both through as long as hilal dont lose the last but you wouldnt have a clue with these lot, wouldnt bet against 4-3 or something like that

Guangzhou are starting to fire again, were very impressive w/e before last, beat tianjin 0-1 away this weekend (tianjin are also in the CL), but not read a report on it yet, playing second placed team on Tues too, could be worth a few euro if price is right

Shanghai already 9 points off CL spot and Anelka's playing shít, some waste of money so far
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic