You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsene Wenger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:14pm
3 semi finals and finals in the FA cup in 4 years and then won the Charity Shield in 2014, 2015, and 2017 so it's probably not far off.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

3 semi finals and finals in the FA cup in 4 years and then won the Charity Shield in 2014, 2015, and 2017 so it's probably not far off.

When you see that record Arsenal have done well in the last 4 years.
Spurs / Liverpool would be happy with that return of trophies.

The fans are in for some shock if they think a new manager will come in and win them the league.

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

The fans are in for some shock if they think a new manager will come in and win them the league.
Since AW's first few seasons as boss, Arsenal have gone from aiming/expecting to win the League, even the Champions League; to aiming/expecting to finish Top Four; to accepting winning the FA Cup; to this season possibly only winning the League Cup (can't write them off for the EL, but can't make them favourites, either).

By the end of this season, we'll likely see the establishment of a Top Five in the EPL, and Arsenal won't be part of it, regardless of where they actually happen to finish in the league.

Christ I've waited a long time for this! Wink
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:25pm
That's some Barna Bee levels of wishful thinking there Terri!
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Since AW's first few seasons as boss, Arsenal have gone from aiming/expecting to win the League, even the Champions League; to aiming/expecting to finish Top Four; to accepting winning the FA Cup; to this season possibly only winning the League Cup (can't write them off for the EL, but can't make them favourites, either).

By the end of this season, we'll likely see the establishment of a Top Five in the EPL, and Arsenal won't be part of it, regardless of where they actually happen to finish in the league.

Christ I've waited a long time for this! Wink

Spurs are 20 points behind City and 7 points ahead of Arsenal. No wizz with the Maths but this top 5 seems rather arbitrary..

Given everyones desire to peg things into holes, maybe a top 1; a 2nd 4; a 3rd 1; and a 4th 14?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

That's some Barna Bee levels of wishful thinking there Terri!
Now come on.

Do you honestly believe that this sweet little thing would lie to us?

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Spurs are 20 points behind City and 7 points ahead of Arsenal. No wizz with the Maths but this top 5 seems rather arbitrary..
Just ask an Arsenal fan, then:

(That was September, btw LOL)

Given everyones desire to peg things into holes, maybe a top 1; a 2nd 4; a 3rd 1; and a 4th 14?
City are all-conquering at the moment, no doubt, and PG could take them to the next level.
But people were saying the same about Chelsea and Conte as recently as 8 months ago.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:23pm
Arsenal Fan TV ClapLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 8:39pm
F*ck Arsenal Fan TV.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 8:41am

Can Mkhytiran play on Sunday or is he cup tied?

I assume Aubemeyang can play?

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Can Mkhytiran play on Sunday or is he cup tied?

I assume Aubemeyang can play?

Mkhytaryan is cup tied. Pretty sure Aubameyang will play
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Just ask an Arsenal fan, then:

(That was September, btw LOL)

City are all-conquering at the moment, no doubt, and PG could take them to the next level.
But people were saying the same about Chelsea and Conte as recently as 8 months ago.

Were they really? 7 months ago Chelsea were third favourites for the title...

My main point was that - for weird 'grouping' purposes - Spurs would seem be the placed in one with Arsenal than City.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:19pm
How long now before he goes? It's a sad sight seeing him stand over such utter garbage on the pitch. Some of the players he has at the club, gutless would be the best description.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:23pm
Shocking how this man is still in charge. Really killing me, has done for about 3/4 years now. They are probably the worst team outside of England we have played under his reign and we get beat 2-1 at home. We won’t win on Sunday, out of the FA cup. Not gonna win the Europa league and top 4 won’t happen. Yet he will still keep his job.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Gabrieléire Gabrieléire wrote:

Shocking how this man is still in charge. Really killing me, has done for about 3/4 years now. They are probably the worst team outside of England we have played under his reign and we get beat 2-1 at home. We won’t win on Sunday, out of the FA cup. Not gonna win the Europa league and top 4 won’t happen. Yet he will still keep his job.
I agree I think all of the above will happen, except possibly Wenger staying at the end of it. It's still hard to see him being pushed by the board, but there may come a point where he's just tired of being over an also ran football side.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:40pm
Arsenal surprised me by beating both City and Chelsea in the fa cup last season but I wonder would City and Chelsea in some way had seen them as a soft touch and were a bit complacent.Both would have been favourites for those games. 

Tonight's result doesn't matter as they got through and if they happen to beat City, no-one will care about tonight. They got the goal back  meaning the other crowd had to score 2 and it was job done.  

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 10:50pm
They are regressing again this season though. As bad as they were last year, they finished the league in a battle for 4th, and won the Cup. They'll finish 6th this season and about 30 points off the league winners! It's worse and worse they are getting under Wenger, even though they've brought in a few good players recently. I can see City murdering them Sunday and in the league fixture a fee days later
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 12:32pm
No matter what way you look at it, that was an embarrassing result. Hopefully it serves as a kick up the @rse ahead of Sunday. City are a far better side than they were last year though, and Arsenal are arguably weaker.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic