Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsene Wenger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 1:59pm
Typical Wenger sour grapes.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 2:04pm
Haven't you got bigger concerns Arsene?
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Haven't you got bigger concerns Arsene?

I don't think he really has. His hunger for the club management side of things is clearly gone, or just gone totally stale at Arsenal. I'd love to be proved wrong and see him win a title at Arsenal if he was there for the next couple of years, but obviously that's hugely unlikely.

As it is, a move to manage another club might give him the boost he needs. Or else into football administration dealing with things such as FFP, which tbf to him he has always had plenty to say on going back years.

I agree with him to an extent on how the bigger leagues are ruined now. This is nothing new though. There is a cartel at the top of European football for a long time now, pushing everything in  a direction that suits the few at the top. More of the rich get richer, while the poor get poorer. They founded their own g14 group of elite clubs over 20 years ago (G14 getting replaced by newer incarnations as the years went on). So those vested interests have been driving things in the direction we now are for a long long time.

On Wenger and Arsenal though, they are one of those vested interests at the very top of the game. They have helped create this CL top 10/20 clubs monopoly all over Europe that will be incredibly hard to break for decades to come. it just hasn't panned out exactly how they and Wenger would like and his real gripe here is that on club finances alone, without benefactors pouring funds in, Arsenal could be at the very top of the European clubs competing for the past decade. So it's a purely selfish point of view in that sense.

Football at the top level in Europe is f*cked in that sense. The rich are getting richer, the poor are getting poorer. If FFP came in with a hard line at this point in time, it would probably make football even more monopolised at the top. Letting benefactors poor money into clubs is about the only thing that now keeps football at the top level any bit interesting.

TLDR, football at Europes top level is f*cked either way, so might as well let clubs spend gazillions of private owners money to prop certain teams up.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:49pm
There have been 4 different winners of the EPL in the last 5 seasons.
La Liga has always been won by either Barca or Real since the turn of the century, bar the odd surprise package like Valencia or Atletico. Barca and Real are the two biggest clubs in the world and will continue to alternate as champions every couple of years you would imagine. Nothing new here.

The Serie A title race is close and will be exciting hopefully.

PSG and Bayern are just too big for their domestic rivals to compete with and will continue to dominate as they have done for the past few seasons. Not enough strength in depth in those nations leagues.  

Its just happens to have occurred this year that 4 of the 5 big leagues seem over by January. No big thing to worry about, I'm sure City and Barca will not be as far clear this time next season. Its up to Real, Man United, Chelsea and Wenger's own club to catch up.
Its not as if City are just about to make it 5 in a row or something.
Just another thing for Wenger to whinge and moan about.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 Feb 2018 at 3:50pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Doubt he'd be saying it if Arsenal were 15 points clear

In fairness it doesn't mean he hasn't a point.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:19pm
Would like to see Arsene get the France job, International football should suit him fine and he's a much better manager than that fraud Deschamps.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:24pm
As an Arsenal supporter I can not stand this man. Aboute arrogance from him. He is the most finished football manager in world football. He single handily is making me lose interest in club football. Can’t wait until he leaves.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2018 at 4:31pm
If he said the French and German leagues I would agree with him.

It looks like PSG are going to dominate the French league for a long time. This season will be 5 wins out of 6. It took an exceptional Monaco team to win one title.
Would you be surprised if PSG won the next 5 leagues??  

Bayern have just won the last 5 and you could see them winning the next 5.

The EPL is really competitive now. No team has won back to back titles for about 10 seasons.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 3:36pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2018 at 7:34pm
Wenger bizarrely saying he wouldn't use the Europa League to get Arsenal into the CL. Well how else are they going to qualify for it?

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Feb 2018 at 7:35pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Wenger bizarrely saying he wouldn't use the Europa League to get Arsenal into the CL. Well how else are they going to qualify for it?

And now Lacazette is out for 6 weeks, Aubameyang is not eligible and Grioud is sitting on Chelsea's bench.

That leaves Danny Welbeck to lead the attack in the Europa league.

Dortmund, Napoli, AC Milan and Atl Madrid are still in it so be tough for Arsenal to win it.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:47pm
Before those teams dropped out of the CL, I thought there was a great chance to win it. Now it's extremely unlikely.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:51pm
Can't see Napoli taking it serious, they are solely focusing in the league, won't have a better chance to win it

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:24pm
I do feel this will be his last Season at Arsenal.
And for that I hope he wins on Sunday and can go out on a high.

I think it would have been better for him if Man City won last night as they will be hurting and looking to put it right in the next game.

However being the underdogs seems to suit them. They beat a strong Chelsea team last year in the FA cup final.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I think it would have been better for him if Man City won last night as they will be hurting and looking to put it right in the next game.

However being the underdogs seems to suit them. They beat a strong Chelsea team last year in the FA cup final.

And beat City in the semi final
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:08pm
Ye I had hoped City would win last night for the same reason.

City will be favourites but you never know in a one off game.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

He signed a 2 year contract. I can't see this being his last season. 

Can't see anything other than a City win irrespective of last night's result. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:10pm
Other than losing to Tottenham at Wembley recently, I think Arsenal had won the last 8 times at Wembley, probably have the numbers wrong but it was a very impressive record, not often you can say that with the modern Arsenal team
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
  Share Topic