You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsene Wenger

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 7:48am

Sky pays tribute to Arsene Wenger's career as Arsenal manager on Sky Sports Premier League at 18.00 tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:36am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It's probably a good thing that Huddersfield are safe otherwise there'd be an even stronger chance of not picking up points tomorrow.

The worst thing to happen for Wenger is if a new manager comes in and does really well; wins a few trophies, and challenges for the title (unlikely, or even more unlikely, manages to win it) with roughly the same group of players in the way Conte did after Mourinho. That will really be the final nail in Wenger's reign.

Well it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if they are title contenders. There's a solid base for a new coach to build on.  

It would be a massive shock, they are a million miles away from challenging City.

Everybody is well behind City!!
It wouldn’t surprise me to see Arsenal in the top 4 next season.
And it wouldn’t be the biggest shock if they came 2nd.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It's probably a good thing that Huddersfield are safe otherwise there'd be an even stronger chance of not picking up points tomorrow.

The worst thing to happen for Wenger is if a new manager comes in and does really well; wins a few trophies, and challenges for the title (unlikely, or even more unlikely, manages to win it) with roughly the same group of players in the way Conte did after Mourinho. That will really be the final nail in Wenger's reign.

Well it wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world if they are title contenders. There's a solid base for a new coach to build on.  

It would be a massive shock, they are a million miles away from challenging City.

Based on what exactly?
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Based on what exactly?

This season has clearly been an outlier. Should they improve their away form just ever so slightly they would comfortably  be in the top 4. While City are way ahead of everyone it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal are toe to toe with them as we enter the second half of the season.

Aubameyang is a goal machine who's going to let rip next season.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:36am
Arsenal are 12 points off 4th spot, with Liverpool taking their foot off the gas over the last 4/5 games as the CL has been the priority.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 10:46am
I can’t see where the confidence is coming from myself
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:08am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Arsenal are 12 points off 4th spot, with Liverpool taking their foot off the gas over the last 4/5 games as the CL has been the priority.

foot off the gas or it could be that the thread bare squad has run out of steam. Only those at the club know. 

As I said, this season has been an outlier. Last season Arsenal were in the hunt for a top 4 spot right up to the end. Even s that it was a poor season by their standards. However both City (only finished a few points ahead of Arsenal) & United (finishing a distant 6th ) had poor seasons as well but both kicked on this season while Arsenal are failing miserably to reach their potential - in fact the club will, at a minimum, finish 12 points behind where they finished last season. Liverpool and Spurs on the other hand have stood still when compared to the last season.

The scope for improvement is vast and should they appoint the right coach don't be surprised to see them finish with more points than they did last year.

Edited by colemanY2K - 13 May 2018 at 11:13am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Gabrieléire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gabrieléire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:29am
this years away form has highlighted why he needed to go. I thank him for his first 10 years but his arrogance after that has put me off him completely. Thank god he’s going the clubs in a really bad place. The new manager, hopefully Allegri needs 3 years to rebuild. As an Arsenal fan it’s the first time in years I’ve been excited for the new season. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 11:58am

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

foot off the gas or it could be that the thread bare squad has run out of steam. Only those at the club know. 

As I said, this season has been an outlier. Last season Arsenal were in the hunt for a top 4 spot right up to the end. Even s that it was a poor season by their standards. However both City (only finished a few points ahead of Arsenal) & United (finishing a distant 6th ) had poor seasons as well but both kicked on this season while Arsenal are failing miserably to reach their potential - in fact the club will, at a minimum, finish 12 points behind where they finished last season. Liverpool and Spurs on the other hand have stood still when compared to the last season.

The scope for improvement is vast and should they appoint the right coach don't be surprised to see them finish with more points than they did last year.

All the teams ahead of Arsenal are going to get stronger and improve their squads, and look to improve on their points tally (City probably won't but will most likely still win the league).

It's too big a gap to close for Arsenal in one season. It's also too early too call yet for any side as there are so many variables to consider.

For example if Spurs lose Kane that would be a big loss for them.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:04pm
They have lots of money and the allure of being in London.

A lot can happen in one season: Man City (+25 pts) and Chelsea (-20 pts) have shown that.

The 2nd best home record and GD shows they have good players.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:34pm

They have lots of money and the allure of being in London.

A lot can happen in one season: Man City (+25 pts) and Chelsea (-20 pts) have shown that.

The 2nd best home record and GD shows they have good players.

Do they have lots of money though?
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 2:42pm
What or where next for arsehole w**ker?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:18pm
Mikel Arteta set to take over

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:20pm
LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:22pm
It's a strange one

I seen Ranieri is leaving Nantes he was mysteriously at the emirates the week after Wenger announced he was off.

Wonder if he will be going to Arsenal in some kind of role
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:35pm
Bit of a gamble from the Arsenal board
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:40pm
Santi Carzola rumored to be his assistant
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Bit of a gamble from the Arsenal board

Massive gamble.
Would he have got the job if he was assistant manager at Everton!
They obviously assume he will have them playing like a Pep team.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 17 May 2018 at 3:44pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
  Share Topic