Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsenal -v- Bayern Munich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Does Wenger still view finishing 4th as winning a trophy?

If that was a league game on saturday he would have played a much stronger team from the start

He cant say he wasnt warned, rested the top players against Bradford and got dumped out as well, did the same against Blackburn
Sponsored Links

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:07pm
At the same time a club like arsenal should have enough quality in their squad to be able to rest a couple of players and still beat the likes of blackburn and bradford

The problem is they dont- their strongest starting 11 is decent but they havent the depth to challenge for trophies
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:10pm
Should be a good game. Looking forward to this game and seeing Munich and how they have improved from last year.  have not seen too much of the Bundesliga but their stats are amazing. 
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 3:23pm
Apparently Wenger was furious in today's press conference. Ripped into a few journalists and accused them of publishing wrong information. I can't imagine it was anywhere near as bad as Joe Kinnear's rant.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:08pm
I seen Wenger's press conference. He was fairly pissed off about his contract speculation and not taking the FA Cup seriously. He told them he won it 4 times ad it was insulting to his players to say he plaed a weakened side. He was never one of my favourites but fair fcuks to him for putting the reporter back in her box Clap

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Feb 2013 at 6:08pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:26pm
Bayern last 6 games won 6 scored 15 and conceded 0, arsenal need a 2 goal lead going into second tie, can't see them getting that.

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I seen Wenger's press conference. He was fairly pissed off about his contract speculation and not taking the FA Cup seriously. He told them he won it 4 times ad it was insulting to his players to say he plaed a weakened side. He was never one of my favourites but fair fcuks to him for putting the reporter back in her box Clap
Really wish a reporter told him well AF has won it 5 times when started going on about winning it 4 times LOL
liam_in_germany View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liam_in_germany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

I seen Wenger's press conference. He was fairly pissed off about his contract speculation and not taking the FA Cup seriously. He told them he won it 4 times ad it was insulting to his players to say he plaed a weakened side. He was never one of my favourites but fair fcuks to him for putting the reporter back in her box Clap<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
Really wish a reporter told him well AF has won it 5 times when started going on about winning it 4 times LOL

Silliest comment I've seen on this site
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:06pm
Never count Arsenal out for sure , they can rip you apart in a 10 minute spell or their defence can fall asleep and let in 3 goals . Yep looking forward to it but like I say which Arsenal will turn up on the night ??????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 7:34pm
Reckon Arsenal  might  get a result  tomorrow  but  Munich will progress!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by liam_in_germany liam_in_germany wrote:

I seen Wenger's press conference. He was fairly pissed off about his contract speculation and not taking the FA Cup seriously. He told them he won it 4 times ad it was insulting to his players to say he plaed a weakened side. He was never one of my favourites but fair fcuks to him for putting the reporter back in her box Clap<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Silliest comment I've seen on this site

Well, the way Wenger put it was "I have won 4 FA Cups, who has won more?" so the journo would have been within her rights to say Fergie.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 10:15pm
Wenger cracking up under pressure to get a result tomorrow night 
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 1:23am
I reckon they're gonna take a tanking over the 2 legs.

A Bayern v Barca final would be a cracker...
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
passionbeyondreason View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote passionbeyondreason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 2:17am
Bayern have a very strong team especially in the middle of the park, I do think Arsenal can pull it off but they will need Giroud to be a menace and everyone to perform
The nation holds it breath..
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 4:52am

mind you, united never entered FA cup one year under his tenure, some could accuse fergie of not taking it seriously after that Thumbs Up but nobody would dare
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 11:59am
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

mind you, united never entered FA cup one year under his tenure, some could accuse fergie of not taking it seriously after that Thumbs Up but nobody would dare

There's alot more to that than fergie/ united simply deciding they wouldnt take it serious but lets not let facts get in the way of united bashing
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Reckon Arsenal  might  get a result  tomorrow  but  Munich will progress!

Thinking the same myself! They need a big response after the weekend and need to win tonight to have any chance of going through!! (Bayern will go through over  the 2 legs though)

They’re 3/1 to win tonight at home. But as said above, it depends on what arsenal show up to know if it’s a good bet!!

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2013 at 12:40pm
I reckon Arsenal will win tonight BUT in order to go through they need Vermaelen at CB. Papers reckon he'll be RB tonight which might be ok at home but away when the pressure will be on Arsenal will need him at CB.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic