You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arsenal -v- Bayern Munich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arsenal -v- Bayern Munich
    Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 11:57am
Hard to see Arsenal making it through to the next round. With Van Persie in the side I always felt they had a chance of scoring out of very little. They will need to be clinical against an amazing Bayern side.

Bayern look like a side on a mission to correct last years mistakes that left them with three runners up medals. It looks like they've corrected one of those mistakes already. They're not leaving much to chance either. Very little complacency all season bar BATE. They haven't conceded in 6 competitive games, supposedly went over 4 hours without conceding a shot on their goal up until the 77th minute of their last match and they have conceded 1 goal away from home all season in the league. A team very well motivated by Heynckes, exactly the reaction the Bayern fans would have wanted after last season's disappointment.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Hard to see Arsenal making it through to the next round. With Van Persie in the side I always felt they had a chance of scoring out of very little. They will need to be clinical against an amazing Bayern side.

Bayern look like a side on a mission to correct last years mistakes that left them with three runners up medals. It looks like they've corrected one of those mistakes already. They're not leaving much to chance either. Very little complacency all season bar BATE. They haven't conceded in 6 competitive games, supposedly went over 4 hours without conceding a shot on their goal up until the 77th minute of their last match and they have conceded 1 goal away from home all season in the league. A team very well motivated by Heynckes, exactly the reaction the Bayern fans would have wanted after last season's disappointment.

amazing stat
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:14pm
scored 57 conceded 7 Shocked
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:20pm
 As a Spurs fan I want Arsenal to stay in as many comps for as long as possible ( but falling at the final hurdle each time)  We don't want Arsenal just having the league to concentrate on . We needs them thinking they have a chance in the CL although it might all be over by tomorrwo night for them.

After last years overhaul I won't be celebrationg until we are certain of 4th and certain nobody can take CL away from us 

"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

amazing stat

merson said on soccer sat that even the goal conceded was a mistake by the keeper!!!
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

As a Spurs fan I want Arsenal to stay in as many comps for as long as possible ( but falling at the final hurdle each time)  We don't want Arsenal just having the league to concentrate on . We needs them thinking they have a chance in the CL although it might all be over by tomorrwo night for them.

After last years overhaul I won't be celebrationg until we are certain of 4th and certain nobody can take CL away from us 

Would like to see Spurs get 4th or even push Chelsea out of the top four and everton to get in but that's unlikely.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:28pm

I'd be very surprised if Arsenal didn't get 4th. They should go past Spurs in April when they have to play Everton, Chelsea and City on the trot. Everton certainly won't keep the pace either.

Champions League will be over for Arsenal this season after the Bayern tie. Can't see them beating Munich who are a far more solid team.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I'd be very surprised if Arsenal didn't get 4th. They should go past Spurs in April when they have to play Everton, Chelsea and City on the trot. Everton certainly won't keep the pace either.

Champions League will be over for Arsenal this season after the Bayern tie. Can't see them beating Munich who are a far more solid team.

+1

Arsenal will go out to bayern and get the 4th spot
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:33pm
I reckon arsenal will go out to bayern and spurs will get 4th
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

+1

Arsenal will go out to bayern and get the 4th spot
Arsenal's only really difficult games left are Spurs away and United at home. By the time United arrive they could realistically be the Champions which would be a great help to the gunners.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:37pm
The majority of games are really difficult games for Arsenal these days.
Biffo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:37pm
Bayern will win both ties.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 12:46pm
Went to Valencia v Bayern when Bayern were steeped to score a late equaliser against a Valencia side down to 10 men from early on.

A good side certainly but beatable if the " good " Arsenal turn up.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:04pm
Arsenal need to turn the f**k up to even get a draw out of this leg.
briandun View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote briandun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 1:19pm
I reckon Arsenal have this one! Defo. ONe of those random Arsenal blip performances! ha
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:50pm
Does Wenger still view finishing 4th as winning a trophy?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:55pm
I reckon it'll be a draw in London and Bayern will win 2 or 3 to 0 in Munich! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2013 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Does Wenger still view finishing 4th as winning a trophy?

If that was a league game on saturday he would have played a much stronger team from the start
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic