You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arriving at or departing from Warsaw Airport

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 5:57pm
5 of us arriving in Warsaw on the 7th.

Thanks again Vojt
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
Sponsored Links

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by tipp86 tipp86 wrote:

Originally posted by Vojt Vojt wrote:

Thanks Vojt. We arrive at about 11am and our polskibus to Lodz leaves at 4pm. I think i seen you write that Polskibus depot is near the airport. Would you advise us to go into Warsaw for a few hours and if we do what is teh best way to get to the bus station for 4?

with this fast rail link now ... I would advice you to go to town and make out the best of you free time; then take metro (there is only one line ;-) ) from wherever you are in the center, and go to Wilanowska Metro station; it takes app 20 min from the center by metro to Wilanowska; the bus stop is next to it! just across the road;

Polskibus buses pull up at the stops sharp on time so there is not much need to be long before the departure;

Warsaw metro timetables and info: http://www.ztm.waw.pl/index.php?c=80&l=2

provided there waont be taxi strike on the day! :-) the charge for the taxi should sth like 50 pln from the center to the bust stop! When are you arriving, what day?
I assume a taxi would not set us back to much to the bus station from the center as with luggage it may be an easier option.

On the 8th. there will be 5 of us so 50pln is pretty good.

Normally POlish taxis take 4; but you can phone in a taxi service and request a taxi-van for 5 ... should not be any extra charge:

e.g. http://suntaxi.pl/index.php
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 2:45pm
4 more on that 8th flight. have xfers booked already though.
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 2:33pm

Thanks Vojt. We arrive at about 11am and our polskibus to Lodz leaves at 4pm. I think i seen you write that Polskibus depot is near the airport. Would you advise us to go into Warsaw for a few hours and if we do what is teh best way to get to the bus station for 4?

with this fast rail link now ... I would advice you to go to town and make out the best of you free time; then take metro (there is only one line ;-) ) from wherever you are in the center, and go to Wilanowska Metro station; it takes app 20 min from the center by metro to Wilanowska; the bus stop is next to it! just across the road;

Polskibus buses pull up at the stops sharp on time so there is not much need to be long before the departure;

provided there waont be taxi strike on the day! :-) the charge for the taxi should sth like 50 pln from the center to the bust stop! When are you arriving, what day?
I assume a taxi would not set us back to much to the bus station from the center as with luggage it may be an easier option.

On the 8th. there will be 5 of us so 50pln is pretty good.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 2:28pm
Thanks Vojt.
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 2:17pm

Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:57pm
Thanks Vojt!!
Oh Poland we loved you.....
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:54pm

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:51pm

ollie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ollie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:45pm
Cheers .. may be availing of this on June 9th!
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:34pm
BUNGLE007 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BUNGLE007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:33pm
Cheers Vojt

Will be making use of that on the 8th June
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2012 at 1:28pm
As pormised in the route planner topic, info for all those arriving at or departing from Warsaw Airport.

As of 1st June, two new fast train services S2 and S3 will operate between Warsaw Airport via Warsaw Zachodnia (railway station) to Warsaw central (main railway station).

2 service every hour for each line! 20 minutes trip either way!

No neet to take a taxi or public transport. 20 min ticket - 2.60 pln - a price difficult to beat!

Here you can download the tmetables: in pOlish but manageble!

http://www.ztm.waw.pl/?c=81&l=1

select: S2 and S3 - od 1 czerwca - (from 1st June!)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic