You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Makes the bench for the Hammers today, be interesting to see if he gets a run out.
Probably be bollixed after all the carpentry work though.
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by dundon13 dundon13 wrote:

Makes the bench for the Hammers today, be interesting to see if he gets a run out.
Oak or walnut?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 6:21pm
Nice to see him on the bench again today. Surely he will get a senior debut in the FA Cup if he's not loaned out. Encouragjng he's starting to appear on the bench for them.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 7:03pm
I think if West Ham saw him as a serious option in the short term they'd have brought him on today, they had the game won well before the end, so the opportunity was there. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I think if West Ham saw him as a serious option in the short term they'd have brought him on today, they had the game won well before the end, so the opportunity was there. 

Yeah he will be loaned out in the medium term no doubt. Cup games they will ring the changes and if he's getting on the bench I suspect that might mean he gets his debut if he's making the bench the last few games.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2021 at 11:10pm
His exclusion from match day squads in last u21 camp was noteworthy.

Luis Amor Rodriguez View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

https://www.balls.ie/football/west-ham-starlet-armstrong-oko-flex-496311

As we have seen with other West Ham players performing well in the PL2 is one thing, performing at senior level is another.

Edited by 10 Box - 06 Jan 2022 at 5:02pm
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2022 at 5:52pm
Yeah, massive jump from U23s to senior level. Okoflex is a long way off joining the Ireland first team. He should probably go out on loan this month.

Next to make the jump up from the U21s you would think would be Kilkenny or maybe Smallbone if he got a consistent run of games.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2022 at 10:37pm
Maybe I'm reading too much into it but 10 goals and only 1 assist strikes me as a greedy forward. Which is great and just what we need! 
It's not me it's you:-)
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 10:08pm
Scores again for the U23s from an Odubeko assist. Coventry also netted.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2022 at 11:10pm
If this lad isn't going to get a look in with the senior side I hope they look to loan him out this summer latest. Having a great season at 23s but is definitely improving past that now. Has a fabulous goalscoring record this season.

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Jan 2022 at 11:10pm
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 9:15am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

If this lad isn't going to get a look in with the senior side I hope they look to loan him out this summer latest. Having a great season at 23s but is definitely improving past that now. Has a fabulous goalscoring record this season.

Probably needs a senior league run to skip the queue and get into our 21s squad and maybe side. Ollie O'Neill is in there without senior experience but he might be a beneficiary of the appetite by Kenny and the other managers to promote lads up the ranks and O'Neill might be a little too good for 19s. 

Wright has only been average the last few 21 games I have seen him and I don't know how he's faring at Salford. There's an opportunity to get into the side if he can pull together a run at League One or Two. 

Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 6:53pm
On the bench again.
Good progress and U'd like to think a cameo in the last few mins of a won game (no easier one than tonight) is in his future.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2022 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

On the bench again.
Good progress and U'd like to think a cameo in the last few mins of a won game (no easier one than tonight) is in his future.

They don't have many attacking options on the bench so you never know.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:59pm
Was a bit dissapointed to see Moyes bring on Perkins at Okoflexs expense Sunday. Okoflex older and is doing better at underage level. 

I'd like to see this lad get a loan move soonish enough if he isn't going to get any run off the bench for West Ham. Having a great season at 23s level.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Was a bit dissapointed to see Moyes bring on Perkins at Okoflexs expense Sunday. Okoflex older and is doing better at underage level. 

I'd like to see this lad get a loan move soonish enough if he isn't going to get any run off the bench for West Ham. Having a great season at 23s level.

Sure some lads are convinced that Perkins is Irish now! It's good news!
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
yeah I was disappointed too. When you have two young lads on the bench, both attackers, and it's the younger one who gets the nod, you'd be a bit disappointed if you were Oko-flex. Didnt stop him scoring a peach of a goal by all accounts yday though!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 15>
  Share Topic