You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Armstrong Okoflex

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

He hasn't really done anything to warrant a call up at U21 level.

Has done nothing and we have good options at our underage levels.
A player should need way more than 30 mins for a depleted Scottish Prem team to warrant a slot in our U21 squad.
Not completely blaming the lad as Coffey and Connell haven't even gotten those 30 minutes...get out on loan, lads!
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:54am
Was doing well until he went to Celtic. Unfortunately, like a few other young Irish players, he has wasted a few years of development by going there. Did nothing of note during his 30 minutes on the pitch the last night, and wouldn't have been close to the team only for the Dubai Covid thing.

Hopefully he can get out of there this summer and try to make progress somewhere in England. I doubt he'll make our under 21s in the short term, there are too many others ahead of him. But he's eligible for the under 19s this year so he should play with them and then might progress to the 21s later in the campaign, will probably have a better chance if he gets out of Glasgow.
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Was doing well until he went to Celtic. Unfortunately, like a few other young Irish players, he has wasted a few years of development by going there. Did nothing of note during his 30 minutes on the pitch the last night, and wouldn't have been close to the team only for the Dubai Covid thing.

Hopefully he can get out of there this summer and try to make progress somewhere in England. I doubt he'll make our under 21s in the short term, there are too many others ahead of him. But he's eligible for the under 19s this year so he should play with them and then might progress to the 21s later in the campaign, will probably have a better chance if he gets out of Glasgow.

If there was a progressive managerial change at Celtic, you never know. I though oxoflex looked alot brighter and sharper than Cameron Harper, young american lad playing. He is out of contract in the summer, and i thinknthats been mentioned in the forum. Linked with Palace. 
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

what did we expect him to do he came on and did fine certainly did not look like he was out of place . some posters are incredible hard on young players for any perceived thing to not be world class
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:22pm
I didn't feel that he created much during his time on the pitch, which is ultimately what he was sent on to do. Looked comfortable on the ball and everything, but that's to be expected.

Even allowing for the missing players Celtic had a much stronger team than Hibs on paper in defence and midfield, and certainly a much more expensive one. With that advantage behind him I would have hoped he would have added some creativity and made a statement that he's ready for more first team minutes, but he didn't really.

Hopefully he gets another chance against Livingston.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 1:18pm
I thought he was peng when he came on.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 5:31pm
He might be Peng when he's older...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic