You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are You going to pay the Water Charge?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
Poll Question: Are You going to pay the Water Charge?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [46.51%]
46 [53.49%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 6:33pm
Presumably if you dont pay they will turn off your water?
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I'd say they could only turn it off on the road outside your house. Just open it up again and turn it on? It'll work like the property tax I'd say. Pay or they'll take it off you.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

They've actually come out and said they won't but that it will cause difficulties if you try to sell the house. They'll take you to court, they'll make you pay off any bill if and when the house is sold, but they won't cut off your water.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 2:18pm
It's going to be tough on a lot of people who use a lot of water in their homes for medical reasons etc. know personally speaking we would use a large amount of water per week to carry out all the daily needs of my disabled brother. Not 1 local politicians was able to tell us would there be any kind of compassion given for people in a situation lke this
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

It's going to be tough on a lot of people who use a lot of water in their homes for medical reasons etc. know personally speaking we would use a large amount of water per week to carry out all the daily needs of my disabled brother. Not 1 local politicians was able to tell us would there be any kind of compassion given for people in a situation lke this
They will get compensation alright. People that spend 20mins in the shower before a night out will be haunted.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

They will get compensation alright. People that spend 20mins in the shower before a night out will be haunted.

Mrs FW's youngest (19), an absolute divil for 20-30 minute showers.

Not from October she won't. LOL
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

Nothing set in stone for this and wouldn't put I passed them not to. Review medical card every year and have threatened to take it off him a few times even though he has a life long conditions that will only get worse. They have cut other funding to disabled people so won be shocked I there is no compensation
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2014 at 11:33pm
Don't know what the poll is for. Whether you want to or not, you'll be paying the water charge after you go over your free allowance.

It will work in the same way your mobile bills do. Once you go over your allocated mins/texts/data you start paying extra for the rest. But unless you're on a Group Water Scheme or a Well, you'll be forking out. There's no choice in the matter.
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2014 at 7:43am
Im going to pay it. I dont think water should be free and should be paid by usage. Im just afraid they will up the prices a lot in the coming years. Of course there should be a system in place for people with special needs where they will be accommodated. I held off on the household charge until the revenue got involved and I had to penalties. There wasnt much else I could have done when they got involved. Water charges will go the same way if people are non compliant. I paid 2 grand to join a group water scheme 6 years ago planning. Are you saying I might be exempt from this
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 11:47pm
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2014 at 1:01pm
That's shocking. But, as usual, we'll bend over and take it like the gobsh*tes that we are. Ermm 
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2014 at 10:55am
The collation have come to an agreement which will see water charges decrease for some welfare claimants and pensioners. However, fees will rise for others now. For example those paying the average annual €240 will see a further rise.

Good to see them looking after the most vulnerable but looks like the squeezed middle will suffer even more.
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2014 at 9:11pm
Water shouldn't be free, people should be made to appreciate the service. However, other taxes such as pedi should be reduced. The return for pedi contributions is marginal particularly when compared to other jurisdictions like the nic system in the uk.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 1:00am
What's the source to send you the water pack. for some reason they sent me a pack addressed to me but to my mam and dads house and not the house I'm the registered owner of.

I've got nothing in the post in the house that I own

Edited by t_rAndy - 24 Sep 2014 at 1:04am
Tippbiffo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippbiffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 1:13am
Yes it's the law I'm afraid....nothing I can do About it
stuffer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 3:27am
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

its the law for the sheep who register to be become customers of this gangster operation
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Ahhhh feel for you lads as we don't need to pay for it as we are on a group water larky .Big smile
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2014 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What's the source to send you the water pack. for some reason they sent me a pack addressed to me but to my mam and dads house and not the house I'm the registered owner of.

I've got nothing in the post in the house that I own

In addition to the question that no one has answered yet about the source , are people who got the pack planning on registering before the deadline. I see Sinn Fein are returning unopened saying they have no contract with the company
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 25>
  Share Topic