You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are we the team nobody cares about?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by moatehoop moatehoop wrote:

Did anyone actually notice the last time the egg chaser world cup was on???. Dispite the sickening rte bias towards such a small minority sport from the totally awful second captains to their highlights program getting prime time coverage. But then it makes it all the better when they fall flat on their arses as they always do in their so called world cup.

Personally I wouldn't call it a sport, its corporate entertainment being flung down our throats by Ryle Nugent and co despite very little people here playing or caring about it

Edited by starryplough - 23 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Sponsored Links

moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

Did anyone actually notice the last time the egg chaser world cup was on???. Dispite the sickening rte bias towards such a small minority sport from the totally awful second captains to their highlights program getting prime time coverage. But then it makes it all the better when they fall flat on their arses as they always do in their so called world cup.

Personally I wouldn't call it a sport, its corporate entertainment being flung down our throats by Ryle Nugent and co despite very little people here playing or caring about it

I would say its more like overweight male version of mud wrestling.
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 5:56pm

Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

I would say its more like overweight male version of mud wrestling.

I would also accept that definition Clap
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:00pm
each to there own this thread is cringe, if you don't like rugby simple don't watch i find it a boring sport and in general too slow so don't watch it, im not concerning myself with what people who follow rugby think of football, 

moateshoop you have the rugby anthem in your profile and your slating rugby Stern Smile
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

each to there own this thread is cringe, if you don't like rugby simple don't watch i find it a boring sport and in general too slow so don't watch it, im not concerning myself with what people who follow rugby think of football, 

moateshoop you have the rugby anthem in your profile and your slating rugby Stern Smile

Have no idea how or why thats there
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:19pm
I assume moatehoop didnt write that under his own avatar?LOL

While it's disappointing that a large number of people have a dim view of our national team, I wouldnt begrudge them any success. Anything that can represent Ireland at the highest level, regardless of the level of competition, is a good thing, even if I did watch the Arsenal match instead yesterday. Tbh, I probably would have watched the Arsenal game even if it was a 6 nations/RWC game.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
moatehoop View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Answering Ireland's Call

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moatehoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 6:20pm

The issue here is that we have our national tv station giving this sport coverage and exposure that is far in excess of what it should be getting. The football coverage at the station as like other sports is being reduced year on year out and with the awful ryle nugent there its only going to get worse.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 7:58pm

The issue here is that we have our national tv station giving this sport coverage and exposure that is far in excess of what it should be getting. The football coverage at the station as like other sports is being reduced year on year out and with the awful ryle nugent there its only going to get worse.

That's always been the way in montrose. Long before the Heineken cup in rugby when Leinster and Munster were only representative teams and not playing in meaningful competition the all Ireland league I'm club rugby got multiples of the amount of coverage the LOI was ever given.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:05pm
Just a quick question ... Anybody bump into any Rugby lads from their home towns that were in Poznan ? Lads that were never at a football game in the Aviva before & were there for the Euro's ... I am not saying there was any thing wrong with it but when we are doing good we attract the other lads from the Rugby . I know a few lads that we were away with in Poland that are choosing Cardiff over Warsaw already & these lads would usually be more footballers than Spuds .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Locke Locke wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

As much as soccer supporters wish the the rugby lads well I always get the impression the rugby fans couldn't give two sh*ts about the football team.

Of course they don't give a sh*t about the football team why would they we are muck... It's very difficult supporting the soccer
last good result we has was in 2002 against the Dutch.
Why would neutrals be interested in a team that never really achieves anything.

Every single post you write is either incorrect or you spouting lies or negative rubbish.

The result against the USA was a good result and so too was the 1-1 draw against Germany.

Can you actually back up anything you say?
Have you anything factual about footballers being uneducated?

The result against a weak usa team was a good result ...is this what it has come to.
Germany away I was thrilled with and was a good result but we were outplayed, out tought and got lucky.

Uneducated might be unfair but look at all the EPLs top players over the years Terry,Rooney, Robbie and Roy the list goes on. You can be damn sure they have no education. fair play however they are very rich.

Ireland too had a 2nd side out and we beat them. So what.

Ireland beating the USA has the same relevance as Ireland beating Austrialia in the rugby. Both were friendly games and both mean f**k all.

You probably have a masters degree but your still a dumb ****.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 9:27pm
Twitter went buck ape when we drew with Germany ffs. Some bitter hures on here
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Milla....you maintain we are gone in March,yeah.
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:12pm

As much as soccer supporters wish the the rugby lads well I always get the impression the rugby fans couldn't give two sh*ts about the football team.

Of course they don't give a sh*t about the football team why would they we are muck... It's very difficult supporting the soccer

Every single post you write is either incorrect or you spouting lies or negative rubbish.

The result against the USA was a good result and so too was the 1-1 draw against Germany.

The result against a weak usa team was a good result ...is this what it has come to.
Germany away I was thrilled with and was a good result but we were outplayed, out tought and got lucky.

Uneducated might be unfair but look at all the EPLs top players over the years Terry,Rooney, Robbie and Roy the list goes on. You can be damn sure they have no education. fair play however they are very rich.

Ireland beating the USA has the same relevance as Ireland beating Austrialia in the rugby. Both were friendly games and both mean f**k all.

I can't agree with that. Ireland play five competitive matches in rugby in February and March and then none at all for nearly another year. So the autumn internationals are much nearer to what we would call "competitive" matches.

Friendlies in football are nearer to warm up matches and a chance to experiment with formation and tactics. There's no experimentation in the autumn rugby internationals, they are played at full throttle and as if points were on offer. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2014 at 10:43pm
Fair play to the rugby boys and the casual fan in Ireland the house wife or the guy or girl who likes a bit of craic shouting for their country in the pub have moved from the football team back in the 90s and 2002 to the rugby team over the last while. More kids are still playing football but that casual fan who shouts at the telly every few months for the country is now more interested in the rugby lads
AKA pedantic kunt
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:38am

What does that have to do with this thread you racist bollocks?
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 1:40am
Originally posted by Strazdas Strazdas wrote:

I can't agree with that. Ireland play five competitive matches in rugby in February and March and then none at all for nearly another year. So the autumn internationals are much nearer to what we would call "competitive" matches.

Friendlies in football are nearer to warm up matches and a chance to experiment with formation and tactics. There's no experimentation in the autumn rugby internationals, they are played at full throttle and as if points were on offer. 

The autumn games are played for world rankings which decide world cup seedings, most lads know that but it suits their agenda to call them friendlies.
Locke View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Locke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 7:10am

What does that have to do with this thread you racist bollocks?

Just want to point out your full of sh*te.

Racist?   

Stay away from the drink you half wit bollocks..
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2014 at 10:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic