You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Are We a Country?'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Invincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:02am
Bryson writes books too, y'know. Some fantastic literary material on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jamie-Bryson/e/B008RDMYKQ

The reviews, I mean; not Bryson's output!

Edited by Danny Invincible - 01 Mar 2013 at 12:03am
Sponsored Links

Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Danny Invincible Danny Invincible wrote:

Bryson writes books too, y'know. Some fantastic literary material on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jamie-Bryson/e/B008RDMYKQ

Classic right here LOL

Four Men Had A Dream: 5 stars

As a Tourette's sufferer who has been experimenting with LSD and casual racism for the last 25 years, I found this book to be right up my street!
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:26am
1.0 out of 5 stars Worst. Homoerotica. Ever, 1 Feb 2013
This review is from: Four Men Had a dream: May the streets be broad and narrow.....: 1 (Paperback)
Read the first 3 chapters and not even a peck on a facial cheek, never mind a buttox. For someone so obsessed with queens and parading, this book is most misleading. 

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Andkend View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andkend Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 9:49am
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Originally posted by Danny Invincible Danny Invincible wrote:

Classic right here LOL

Four Men Had A Dream: 5 stars

As a Tourette's sufferer who has been experimenting with LSD and casual
racism for the last 25 years, I found this book to be right up my
street!

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2013 at 12:18pm
Clinker, I'm bearly litrit but lis buk is beezer like. It makes me wanna soak a fleg in hot wax and wrap it round my testicles.
Another classic review LOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 3:53pm

Sweet Jesus 😂😂😂😂😂
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:03pm
Trust our humourless northern brethren to come up with something like that.

As bad as our bandwagon element might be in France, theirs will be something else
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:12pm
Not sure a two week pissup in France is the right place to commemorate war dead, but each to their own.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 4:33pm
Jaysis, that's seriously crass, has nothing to do with the football. You would swear they were the only people to be killed in Ww1. You won't see the tans or Welsh doing the same. Sure I think there were less casualties from Ulster than the other 3 provinces of Ireland (open to correction on this)
Chips don't bounce
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2016 at 6:01pm
Its surprising and then again its not really a surprise. I do recall a C4 drama documentary on the Somme and the Ulster Division was mentioned a big fat 0 times much to the annoyance of those locally with a hard on for all things military
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:30am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Sweet Jesus 😂😂😂😂😂

How is that any different to this?

Edited by Territorial - 16 Feb 2016 at 1:33am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:35am
Meanwhile there's this:

Don't mix sport and politics, eh?

P.S. The OP on that thread might like to amend his opening sentence:

It's the 100th anniversary of the 1916 rising this year. A historic time in our history, and inclusive of ALL Irish people.

"ALL"?

This Irishman would rather not be "included", thanks very much

Edited by Territorial - 16 Feb 2016 at 1:41am
yapmeister View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:46am
We have idiots on both sides, as long as flags don't have UVF,IRA, etc painted on them then I'm ok.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:06am
I don't think anyone on an international football forum are saying don't mix politics and sport, and those that are should be ignored for safety.
I would imagine the difference between the Walters flag and the NI flag is fairly obvious, but if we must play this game we will. I would see the use of Walters here as humorous, although some old school history lovers may be offended, but shows Walters role as leader and hero to many fans while evoking a political hero. The NI flag referencing France comes across, to me at least, as taking ownership of the tragedy that was the first world war. There is nothing wrong with remembering the men from Ulster who died on French soil, the fact of the matter is, that is crass and disrespectful and even slightly sinister.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by yapmeister yapmeister wrote:

We have idiots on both sides, as long as flags don't have UVF,IRA, etc painted on them then I'm ok.
Correct.

But it is clear that some of the people on this forum don't accept your "dual idiots" point.

Probably because they're idiots...Wink
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by yapmeister yapmeister wrote:

Correct.

But it is clear that some of the people on this forum don't accept your "dual idiots" point.

Probably because they're idiots...Wink

Do you not think that norn iron flag is a bit crass and has f**k all to do with the football ? Not a big fan of the Collins one but its a bit of craic
Chips don't bounce
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would imagine the difference between the Walters flag and the NI flag is fairly obvious, but if we must play this game we will. I would see the use of Walters here as humorous, although some old school history lovers may be offended, but shows Walters role as leader and hero to many fans while evoking a political hero. The NI flag referencing France comes across, to me at least, as taking ownership of the tragedy that was the first world war. There is nothing wrong with remembering the men from Ulster who died on French soil, the fact of the matter is, that is crass and disrespectful and even slightly sinister.
"I would imagine...    ... I would see..."

You "see" a distinction because it suits/reflects your political view.

Which means you allow the Collins reference, but deny the Somme one. 

I could make an argument for the Somme flag, and an argument against the Collins flag, but only if I was determined to avoid taking an objective view of the two.

Anyhow, for myself I abhor the avoidable introduction of politics into sport, regardless of whoevers politics it may be.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 2:35pm
But Northern Ireland's sporting existence is political.

Well done on not making an argument for the deplorable flag, it would have been laughable, I don't have to imagine that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic