You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Are We a Country?'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Invincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 11:16am
RAWK_Meltdown definitely sparked the thought-process: https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown

Some hilarious stuff on that.
Sponsored Links

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

it's the same with that RAWK (red and white kop) twitter account RB, someone looks at a Liverpool FC forum and posts up some gems from it.

I'm sure if someone did the same for ybig, most of us would come across as delusional at best and some of us would be borderline racist or living back in the 70s with views about our unionist cousins.

Its opening a can of worms for this forum. Those celtic/rangers threads, Irishpride and IrishMUFC posts are gold for a YBIG version.

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

it's the same with that RAWK (red and white kop) twitter account RB, someone looks at a Liverpool FC forum and posts up some gems from it.

I'm sure if someone did the same for ybig, most of us would come across as delusional at best and some of us would be borderline racist or living back in the 70s with views about our unionist cousins.

Its opening a can of worms for this forum. Those celtic/rangers threads, Irishpride and IrishMUFC posts are gold for a YBIG version.

Would be a hilarious account.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:19pm
I'd suggest there is far more bigotry allowed on here than on the OWC forum. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I severely doubt it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

You wouldn't be a member g? Wink 
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:37pm
Is there any bigotery on here?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:42pm
It's more annoyance at the way players can go down to us, which is fair enough and understandable too (not getting into it by the way, I can see their side is all I'm saying) and their views on the FAI, which again, most of us would agree with at times too.

Here is more relaxed, which is a good thing and when there is stupid stuff put up, the mods do delete it. Justice and the guard is the most recent example.

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

not that I care but if I was to refer to my protestant work colleagues as Huns all things considered il probably be called a bigot, also seen the word wetback used somewhere here as a racial classification so......
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 3:24pm

Along with your constant wumming matey. I think i can add you in our category while we're at it

God knows what they'd think of my cockney thread

Edited by irishmufc - 29 Jan 2013 at 3:25pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

not that I care but if I was to refer to my protestant work colleagues as Huns all things considered il probably be called a bigot, also seen the word wetback used somewhere here as a racial classification so......

That wetback comment was used a long time ago and the user is long banned.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by Danny Invincible Danny Invincible wrote:

RAWK_Meltdown definitely sparked the thought-process: https://twitter.com/RAWK_Meltdown

Some hilarious stuff on that.

RAWK Meltdown @RAWK_Meltdown

(Aston Villa) Their fans. Bunch of deluded idiots still living off their glory days.

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2013 at 6:49pm
">
For years nationalist families have know how for their own benefit how to strip money out of the Northern Irish system without a thought,...

The insinuation above is quite something.
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
Danny Invincible View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danny Invincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:19pm
Rather amusingly, Jamie Bryson retweets the following: https://twitter.com/AreWeACountry/status/306412943761887233

(#JamieBryson as mascot) Never mind, look on the bright side. He could have been organising genocide for years and sitting in government...

Looks like the concept behind the Twitter account went right over his head.

Edited by Danny Invincible - 26 Feb 2013 at 4:19pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:23pm
That are we a country thing is comedy gold. I have noticed though that quite a few of the tweets are about OWC members lurking on here.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:23pm
did you not know Jamie O' Bwyson follows his real national team

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=473409842714396&set=a.439650479423666.134583.439581669430547&type=1&theater

Edited by Clonbhoy - 26 Feb 2013 at 4:29pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:27pm

RTID alone would keep a twitter parodist in work
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2013 at 4:29pm
LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic