You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arcachon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Are the trains still running to Bordeaux for Saturday?

Domestic services

TGV services are expected to run a normal service and all other services are expected to run a near normal service on the 16th June.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Tippbiffo Tippbiffo wrote:

Are the trains still running to Bordeaux for Saturday?

Strike action to last until June 16 and resume normal service thereafter

Domestic services

TGV services are expected to run a normal service and all other services are expected to run a near normal service on the 16th June.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 9:29pm
Lads, Whats the weather like in Arcachon? Just packing the bag and i'm getting mixed reports
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Spudgunn1980 Spudgunn1980 wrote:

Lads, Whats the weather like in Arcachon? Just packing the bag and i'm getting mixed reports

Exactly that, mixed. Overcast with some bursts of sun. Heavens opened up for 20 mins during France game and place was drenched.

Bring a rain coat but it's certainly not cold. Nice aul spot. Just what the doctor ordered after Paris.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Exactly that, mixed. Overcast with some bursts of sun. Heavens opened up for 20 mins during France game and place was drenched.

Bring a rain coat but it's certainly not cold. Nice aul spot. Just what the doctor ordered after Paris.
Without stating the bleedin obvious....the price of a scoop is ?

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 15 Jun 2016 at 11:39pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 6:38am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Without stating the bleedin obvious....the price of a scoop is ?
€5.90 for a 50cl Kronenbourg in one of the beachside cafes.

When it rains here it rains, and by god it's raining now again.
Spudgunn1980 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spudgunn1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:51am
Jaysus, So much for me packing the speedo's and wife beaters. Back to the drawing board. I'm heading over from Dublin tomorrow morning, If anyone needs anything brought or has forgotten anything at home, let me know. If you can get it to me, i'll take it over.
Joe View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 2:09pm
Are the Belgians coming to the Brasserie des marquise?
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2016 at 6:24pm
Leaving Arcachon in the morning after 7 nights, good craic here. Place transformed yesterday when the sun came out. What did ye think of the place?
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 1:51pm
I enjoyed it. But 2 days was enough for me. The place had its charm but the weather did it no favours. I was hoping for cans on the beach.

Looking back, it was just what was needed after the madness of Paris.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2016 at 2:00pm
had a serious day there last Thursday. staying up past the cemetery, there's another beach there rather than the one at the front of arcachon town, didn't see a drop on Thursday, sun all day but apparently it poured a few times down the town. would definitely head back there end of june or start of july and hopefully get better weather.

everyone seemed in similar mood to enjoy themselves in restaurants and bars etc, didn't come across much chanting etc which was a nice change from paris and then Bordeaux. one low point was when some young irish lad knicked a big 3L bottle of rose from one of the bars
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2016 at 4:09pm
The most relaxing place amid the madness of a tournament and really nice to enjoy drinks with really good company special mention to the Waterford lads pity ye were not there a bit longer
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:30pm
Arrived in Arcachon today for a few days break ahead of Italy Germany on Sat. What a perfect place to relax.. Loads of locals giving us thumbs up when they see the Ireland crest. A waiter in Brasserie aux Marquises in a nice square here couldn't speak highly enough of the 'irlandais' he met a couple of weeks ago. It was the very same in Montmartre yesterday, a waiter showed me videos of himself dancing with the Irish, and even a RER driver opened his door on the platform at Gare du Nord for a quick chat..
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:12am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

The most relaxing place amid the madness of a tournament and really nice to enjoy drinks with really good company special mention to the Waterford lads pity ye were not there a bit longer

Ya, wouldn't have minded another day there, having said that, found it a bit sedate for my liking (though great craic with your crew on the night we were there), probably 2 days would have been the max. I'd say the police asking us to move on @2.30am was the first bit of ''crime'' they had to deal with in about 3 months LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:13am
And did get a laugh at the irony of me getting a free pint courtesy of Munster Rugby LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic