You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Arcachon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Arcachon
    Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:25pm
Seeing that a lot of fans are setting up here after paris, we can keep this thread for meet ups, beach soccer, golf etc....
Staying in Arachon for seven nights so should be a bit of craic.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Sponsored Links

larraga View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larraga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:33pm
About 15 of us staying at Residhome,Arcachon Plaza from 14-20th.

Old men, Young Lads, Women.

200 mts from Station. 45 minutes to Bordeaux.

Relax as well as Party.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by larraga larraga wrote:

About 15 of us staying at Residhome,Arcachon Plaza from 14-20th.

Old men, Young Lads, Women.

200 mts from Station. 45 minutes to Bordeaux.

Relax as well as Party.
More info & pics Thumbs Up
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 1:50pm
Currently 6 of us booked in to stay from the 14th to 17th before heading for Bordeaux.

keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 2:12pm
5 of us here from the 14-19th Thumbs Up
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:07pm
That's the job, good crew so, 4 of us from the 14th-21st.
Chief View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:08pm
4 or 5 of us here from the 14th - 20th.
Speedos at the ready.
Too Many Chiefs, not Enough Indians
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 3:24pm
"Seeing that a lot of fans are setting up here after paris, we can keep this thread for meet ups, beach soccer, golf etc...."

The YBIG Arcachon Golf Masters 2016 has a certain ring to it - Green Jacket to the winner, obviously !
farrell View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 6:20pm
Big crowd of us staying here from the 14th - 20th. Hopefully there's a few decent bars.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 8:40pm
Booked in here for 4 nights.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:52pm
Just having a google earlier on what there is in Arcachon - Reckon there is enough in terms of bars etc to keep us going for a few days ???
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just having a google earlier on what there is in Arcachon - Reckon there is enough in terms of bars etc to keep us going for a few days ???

Had a look myself and didn't think there was much here at all, watched a video on youtube then and I don't think I saw one person under the age of 60.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Had a look myself and didn't think there was much here at all, watched a video on youtube then and I don't think I saw one person under the age of 60.

No wonder Sham booked here and al of us followed .

Thinking of staying in Bordeaux now due to all the winery's and there is none in around this place.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Sham will be all over this place so
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:10pm
3 of here for four nights after Paris
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:11pm
asked a few questions on trip advisor about the place here is the reply.

Arcachon is a nice seaside resort about 50 minutes by local train to Bordeaux and it's about 30 minutes further from Bordeaux station by tram to the stadium.

It's a busy and fairly sophisticated place in July and August, so should be OK in mid June. Given the virtual impossibility of getting accommodation in Bordeaux itself without paying the earth, it should be a good choice.

Your game v Belgium is at 3pm local time, so going there and getting back by train so isn't going to be problem as the last one back is at 11pm. Be aware though that the fanzone in Bordeaux Place Quinconces is about 2km from the station, so do get back in time!

Most bars around there don't have 0.5l glasses but if you can find one you will be looking at about €5. Most serve in 0.25l (un demi, s'il vous plâit.) for €2,50 or €2,60

I hope that helps. if you need to know more about Bordeaux, getting there and back etc, take a look in the Bordeaux forum and Top Questions where you should find the answers.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

asked a few questions on trip advisor about the place here is the reply.

Arcachon is a nice seaside resort about 50 minutes by local train to Bordeaux and it's about 30 minutes further from Bordeaux station by tram to the stadium.

It's a busy and fairly sophisticated place in July and August, so should be OK in mid June. Given the virtual impossibility of getting accommodation in Bordeaux itself without paying the earth, it should be a good choice.

Your game v Belgium is at 3pm local time, so going there and getting back by train so isn't going to be problem as the last one back is at 11pm. Be aware though that the fanzone in Bordeaux Place Quinconces is about 2km from the station, so do get back in time!

Most bars around there don't have 0.5l glasses but if you can find one you will be looking at about €5. Most serve in 0.25l (un demi, s'il vous plâit.) for €2,50 or €2,60

I hope that helps. if you need to know more about Bordeaux, getting there and back etc, take a look in the Bordeaux forum and Top Questions where you should find the answers.

The implication being it won't be sophisticated in June when the Irish thickos are thereLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2015 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

3 of here for four nights after Paris
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic