Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Apologising" to supporters.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Apologising" to supporters.
    Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:59am
I dunno about you lads/lassies, but I fookin HATE it when players/managers come out after an abject performance and say "I wanna apologise for that performance".  Complete and utter bollocksology in my opinion.  Players are human, they can't always play at optimum level and football doesn't always work out the way you hope or expect.   Players/managers know when the team has played sh*te and many of our days supporting our respective teams are filled with rotten days when the team hasn't turned up.  Apologise my hole, just put it right next time out, that's the beauty of football, there's always the next game. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Sponsored Links

seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:32am
It's a media thing I think, when they are asked 'What would you like to say to the fans after that performance' or something worded like that, they are hardly going to say "That's life, take the rough with the smooth folks".
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:34am

Wouldn't get too upset about it FW.
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
Sorry, probably sound more upset than I actually am, I just think there's far too much of it going on. Seanie yeah it probably is the fookin Sky nonsense and the way fans are portrayed as blubbing thin-skinned dickheads who can't take a defeat in a sporting occasion. Total pony. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 5:50am
I don't see the big deal with them apologising. Footballers - although generally paid far more than almost everyone else - are still employed to do a job. If I made a complete f*ck up in my job, I'd be expected to apologise. I also don't have people paying large enough sums of money to come and watch me do my job either - so surely they should be even more inclined to apologise when they don't do their job correctly? As you say of course they should put it right, but I don't see the harm in them apologising if they've clearly short changed the club that employs them and the fans that spend mula supporting them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic