You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone in Italy, 1990?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireguide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2015 at 1:45pm
Part 2 of our Italia '90 travelogue ~ http://www.eire.guide/2015/06/22/memories-of-italia-90-part-2/ - http://www.eire.guide/2015/06/22/memories-of-italia-90-part-2/ with plenty of crimes against fashion in the photographs. Includes Egypt and Holland games.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 8:12am
Italia 90 hour now on Today FM
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:43pm
In the auld pair's here and they're having callers on Liveline to talk about where they were and their experiences 25 years ago today and some bint has just called up to tell how 10 years ago today she was there to see Brian O'Driscoll getting spear tackled in Christchurch, NZ.

Will ye get ta fook off the radio, ya silly bitch! No one gives a f**k

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

In the auld pair's here and they're having callers on Liveline to talk about where they were and their experiences 25 years ago today and some bint has just called up to tell how 10 years ago today she was there to see Brian O'Driscoll getting spear tackled in Christchurch, NZ.

I have it on here too but I watched the shoot-out on Youtube only to switch back and I was wondering why the f**k they were talking about Brian O'Driscoll LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 3:11pm
Also "A Nation holds its breath" is always mis-quoted.

George said - "The Nation holds its breath".
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Read that first as in the au pair's here and thought you lucky bastard......
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:02pm
Had a big fat Hungarian yank annoying me the whole game gave him an earful when that goal went in mayhem made the 22 hr journey from Sicily in a steam room of a train worthwhile ybig
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:03pm
If only LOL
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:24pm
I've just watched "Tale of the fans italia 90" on YouTube god the jealousy I feel for anyone old enough to make the finals, if we somehow manage to qualify for France I'll promise myself I'll 100% be there.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I've just watched "Tale of the fans italia 90" on YouTube god the jealousy I feel for anyone old enough to make the finals, if we somehow manage to qualify for France I'll promise myself I'll 100% be there.
Must have a look at that later and see if I'm on it. I got interviewed a few times by various TV stations.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:29pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Must have a look at that later and see if I'm on it. I got interviewed a few times by various TV stations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_1Pd_7z-dQ

First Part great watch ClapClap
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

RTE running "live" blog of the Romania game

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0625/710625-live-world-cup-1990-ireland-v-romania/

It looks a lot better on the blog than what it did on the day.

My company had brought in a TV for the entire competition as many of the games were on in the afternoon. Those of us interested, brought our work over to somewhere nearby and watched all the games live.

What I do remember about the Romania game,was my nerves were shot right throughout the game, so it didn't matter that the game was mostly uneventful. 

One of my bosses made a decision to bring in a slab of beer amongst about 6 of us in the office. Bad decision for him, great one for us. Clap Luckily, one lad didn't drink and he was the only one capable of getting the work done for the truck to get out on the boat that night, as the rest of us headed to the pub for more celebrations after the game was over.

I also recall having damaged knuckles from a stippled ceiling as we jumped up after every Irish peno and Packie's save.

Edited by Stoked Up - 25 Jun 2015 at 5:47pm
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:35pm

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0625/710625-live-world-cup-1990-ireland-v-romania/

This is bizaare.

Why do people make such a big deal of 25th anniversaries?

Im prob the only one not really getting the big deal. 

And yes, before I have to reply to someone about it, I do remember the day clearly, one of the happiest days of my childhood.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

This is bizaare.

Im prob the only one not really getting the big deal

And yes, before I have to reply to someone about it, I do remember the day clearly, one of the happiest days of my childhood.
Confused
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by fochie fochie wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

This is bizaare.

Im prob the only one not really getting the big deal

Confused

I mean the big deal of a 25th anniversary. But well understood; that emoticon is certainly appropriate.

Anyway, to ask again, what's the big deal about a 25th anniversary? It's an arbitrary anniversary. Surely the 20th or the 30th would be a bigger deal.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:54pm
Quarter of century maybe.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2015 at 6:57pm
flew out of genoa yesterday. makes gelsenkirchen look like party central...a complete and utter kip. the city is in an awful state. I'd hate to see what Naples looks like if its supposedly worse than genoa. at least i got to see the stadium from the air.

Edited by colemanY2K - 25 Jun 2015 at 6:58pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic