You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone fly back directly after the game?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone fly back directly after the game?
    Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 4:50pm
Alright lads,

Anyone fly back directly after the game tonite? 

I am flying back at 2am after the Italy game and was wondering how easy it was to get out to the airport afterwards.   Was thinking of trying to get a bus out there.

Are there any bars near the ground that we could have one or two before heading on the bus?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

RonnieB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RonnieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:05pm
I flew back after the game and found it a nightmare to locate the buses.  Only saw one sign for the transport links leaving the ground but on none of them did it show which way for the bus to the airport.

Asked stewards who said they hadn't a clue about the buses but after walking for a good 40 minutes found them by pure chance.  You need to look for the bus E10 or E20

Once on the bus it only took 10 minutes,
Not Metal Paul
markday1977 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markday1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:15pm
Hey man,

I flew back last night but I was on a day trip. I didn't see too many bars around the bus stations, and to be straight, when we were walking back to the bus parkings spots, we walked by a few guys who were kind of out of their heads, with a few skin heads also. It's very late, so be careful where you go. Generally speaking, in the city centre all day the craic was mighty and the locals were very very welcoming and friendly. But that late, with the stadium being on the outskirts, close to some run down blocks of flats with alleyways etc, be careful!
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:43pm
Forget the bus.  Its about a 20-30 minute walk into the town centre from the stadium. Its a nightmare trying to get a cab unless you are lucky/Polish. 

Get a taxi from town to the aiport , its about 35-40 zl which is almost 10 euro but at least you will get there.

The airport is open all night and has security guys walking round. The small bar and food areas are open but there isnt much choice. Most guys were just lying around on the floors and seats grabbing some sleep.

There are some all night garages round the stadium that have food and drink and its actually pretty good and cheap.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 10:46pm
Anyone fly home from Wroclaw?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
citizen Shelbourne View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Shelbourne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 11:48pm
how long would the walk be from the ground in poznan to the airport? or are there any taxis available near the stadium?
follow shels nd do your purgatory on earth
Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:10am
Theres a hotel near the ground called Hotel IOR easy to get served at the bar and they have a grill on in the garden for steak sandwich's  and its about a 5/10 walk to the ground.

The airport is the same side of town as the ground you could order a taxi from the hotel after the game the taxis are very cheap 

Edited by Eamonn68 - 12 Jun 2012 at 12:16am
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 12:16am
there are lots of taxis around its just trying to get one.  It was pretty much clear of people by midnight and then it was easier.

jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 5:14am
Originally posted by citizen Shelbourne citizen Shelbourne wrote:

how long would the walk be from the ground in poznan to the airport? or are there any taxis available near the stadium?

I would estimate its a 30 minute walk and of course there is taxis.
It's Jack Shat
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:13am
Originally posted by keith11 keith11 wrote:

Forget the bus.  Its about a 20-30 minute walk into the town centre from the stadium. Its a nightmare trying to get a cab unless you are lucky/Polish. 

Get a taxi from town to the aiport , its about 35-40 zl which is almost 10 euro but at least you will get there.

The airport is open all night and has security guys walking round. The small bar and food areas are open but there isnt much choice. Most guys were just lying around on the floors and seats grabbing some sleep.

Had thought about this, but the game won't be over until 22.45, out of the stadium say at 23.15, then taking the chance to walk into town and get a taxi to be in the airport for 01.00.

Is that feasable?

What was the airport like for p1ssed up heads, or was everyone relatively sober at that stage?   Can't imagine they would let anyone on the plane that had a skinful?
Eamonn68 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamonn68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:17am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Had thought about this, but the game won't be over until 22.45, out of the stadium say at 23.15, then taking the chance to walk into town and get a taxi to be in the airport for 01.00.

Is that feasable?

What was the airport like for p1ssed up heads, or was everyone relatively sober at that stage?   Can't imagine they would let anyone on the plane that had a skinful?
It is feasable, but it would be easier to walk to the hotel, 5 mins, have a pint and book a taxi all cheap too  
finbarrk View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finbarrk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:48am
If you look at the map, the airport is out passed the football pitch so there isn't much point in going all the way into town to come all the way out again. If you get out quick and walk towards town, the taxis will be coming out against you and you can flag them down.
A green gate ticket would be the closest to the road to town, or blue too actually.
ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 1:07pm
I'll tell u a secret, hop onto the abbey travel bus and say nothing. I did and it saved me a lot of hassle. It was by pure chance I ended up there too
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by ballymacB ballymacB wrote:

I'll tell u a secret, hop onto the abbey travel bus and say nothing. I did and it saved me a lot of hassle. It was by pure chance I ended up there too

Ha ha, good idea!  

It will be between that and heading to the hotel I reckon.   From google maps it is very close to the ground.
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Anyone fly home from Wroclaw?

Yea.Flew from Wriclaw yesterday. Got the train from Poznan which took 2 and half hours - book it online.

We got the most mental taxi out to the airport - it was like being on a rollercoaster driven by a frustrated Michael Schumacher - cost 100 zlots between 4. I think you can get a bus for about 6 zloty but we were stuck for time.

Small airport, a few shops either side of security.

Most importantly the staff were not Ryanair militia so no one checked weight or sizes of bags thank God
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 6:56pm
Sound pal,have the train booked which leaves shortly after Italy game
Will need taxi from train station to Wroclaw airport at 5am,bit worried about lack of taxis
Probably no buses at that hour wha
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Joe Stalin View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Eamonn68 Eamonn68 wrote:

Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Is that feasable?

It is feasable, but it would be easier to walk to the hotel, 5 mins, have a pint and book a taxi all cheap too  
Yes it's very feasible, no probs getting out of the ground immediately after the match and it's maximum 30 mins into town walk. Plenty of taxi's on the far side of the main sqaure (opposite end from fanzone). About 10 mins then to airport. We did all this on sunday night. Plenty of facilities open in the airport as well,coffee, beer sandwiches etc.  Most lads are quiet at that stage anyway after a day on the beer, all except one bell-end on our plane (3am from Poznan last sunday) night - if you were on the plane you'll know who I'm talking about.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic