You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 133>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

My car is a 2005 import from England and it's fine.
There not all bad, but a lot of them are heavily corroded. 
And obviously some cars will be affected more than others 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:52am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Top heavy with English yokes. Vast majority of what Ive been looking at has no number plate and the pic of the service history shows English dealer stamps.
Yeah, it’s a vicious circle now but hopefully with Brexit it’ll slow the number of imports coming in, the vast majority are fine in the short term but longer term they’ll age far worse than an original Irish car. Also they’ve mostly got far bigger mileage. 
We need to start selling more new cars and it’ll filter down improving our second hand market 

Why's that ?
Rust is a massive issue on English imports, the frequency of them salting the roads during the winter is huge, and salt rots cars! I’ve seen cars as new as 2009 needing massive work due to rust. 
Also high mileage (no matter if it’s motorway miles) will eventually catch up. 

Do we not salt the roads here as much ?

High mileage will be the same no matter where the car is bought,not all import will have excessive mileage. I'm sure anyone who imports a car with high mileage know the pitfalls 
Nowhere near as much and it’s a relatively new thing here as opposed to the UK. 
As I’ve said on here numerous times if importing, don’t buy north of Birmingham 
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:57am
Thumbs Up
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:10pm
Also, motorway miles on gritted roads is worse - higher speed and longer distance and it *really* gets up in there.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 5:13pm
Yeah was always told if buying a car in tan land to stay down saarf.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 5:51pm
Not starting a new thread and couldn't find one suitable.....

I've to get a train at 10am from Heuston in the morning. Anyone know if their carpark fills up early, or would I still get a space about 9.30ish?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
Where you coming from? Might be a better idea to use one of the luas park and rides and get the luas to Heuston
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:33am
slightly off topic....can one person be insured on two different cars with two different insurance companies???or even two different cars with one company as main driver?
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 12:47am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

slightly off topic....can one person be insured on two different cars with two different insurance companies???or even two different cars with one company as main driver?
Two different cars should be no problem, it could get confusing if you'd two multicar policies for both. If youre just sayign Aviva cover me driving the Peugeot and Allianz cover me for the Nissan, that's no problem that I can see.

Why are you thinking of doing it? 

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2019 at 1:31am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Where you coming from? Might be a better idea to use one of the luas park and rides and get the luas to Heuston

Coming from the Northside so park and ride isn't an option.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:02pm
seems the wife put 25e of petrol into our diesel car. Then drove home,about 1.5 km. What sort of damage has she doneOuch
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

seems the wife put 25e of petrol into our diesel car. Then drove home,about 1.5 km. What sort of damage has she doneOuch
The real question here is what kind of damage have you done to her LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

💥💥
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:11pm

💥💥
It needs to be drained pronto and done right, do not turn the ignition on again, get someone out, see if your insurance covers it to get rac or whoever out to you
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:18pm

💥💥
It needs to be drained pronto and done right, do not turn the ignition on again, get someone out, see if your insurance covers it to get rac or whoever out to you

Not that I’ve had the misfortune or tried it out of curiosity but always thought that, as of recent years, petrol nozzle didn’t fit into diesel? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

💥💥

Not that I’ve had the misfortune or tried it out of curiosity but always thought that, as of recent years, petrol nozzle didn’t fit into diesel? 
no it’s the other way unfortunately. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:12am
For the NCT do they check the locks? the central locking seems to be fecked on the drivers side. The key wont work and if I put down the button when the door is open it just pops back up.
Have to go into the passenger side to lock the door.
Or is this costly to fix?
The dark side.. And the light
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

For the NCT do they check the locks? the central locking seems to be fecked on the drivers side. The key wont work and if I put down the button when the door is open it just pops back up.
Have to go into the passenger side to lock the door.
Or is this costly to fix?

Just make sure all locks are open on the day so they can check the all seat belts.......they don’t press the open/close button on the key fob.
But if one of the doors actually won’t open during the test then you are fooked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8889909192 133>
  Share Topic