You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 133>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Any get their car on PCP? Usually lease a car through the company I worked for but now working on my todd. Leasing companies will only deal with you if you are self employed for over a year. Wondering if PCP is the way to go.

PCP basically means a financing rate of 7-11% and has restrictions on annual mileage. 

Does your company have enough cash to buy a car? Can you get a company loan for a cheaper rate? 

Not really, would have to dip into personal savings. I would have enough for a deposit and have a monthly budget set aside  for a lease. Have gone from an employee to a private contracter/ sales agent on a commission rate that equals my past wage and expenses.  

I know it’s tax deductible but the more your company saves the more income for you.

Yeah, There are plenty of savings I can make including the car and other expenses that I used to pull the piss with my last employer. Just need a car that is reliable and if any breakdowns or repairs are needed I don't have all the hasle that you get buying your own jammer.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Any get their car on PCP? Usually lease a car through the company I worked for but now working on my todd. Leasing companies will only deal with you if you are self employed for over a year. Wondering if PCP is the way to go.
Yeah I got one 2 years ago. Suited my needs at the time, needed to go from a banger to something more reliable, and a PCP made it possible to get a new car ratehr than a 4/5 year old car. No issues so far, heard mixed stories about what I'll encounter when my 3 years are up next year but will report back then. Planning on keeping the car anyway, no need for me to go new again.

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

PCP basically means a financing rate of 7-11% and has restrictions on annual mileage.
Don't think any PCP deals are that high. Basically means you pay for the car in 3. For example:
€7k upfront (I got €5k trade in so €2k upfront)
€7k split over 3 years at 3% (much cheaper than you'll get at a bank/credit union - some PCP deals are 0% now)
€7k ballon payment at the end if i want to keep it - I'll probably get a bank loan for some of this, but means I wasn't paying interest on this €7k for the past 3 years like I would if I'd bought it outright.

I totally accept that new cars aren't worth the money, but if you're going to do it, PCP makes it cheaper than buying it outright.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:21pm
I went PCP only recently having driven my last car in to the ground. Had bought 10 years ago and at that point it was 3 years old with high mileage. I put a lot more on it over the next 5 years but job changed and did very little after that.

Did my homework on getting a loan versus going PCP and the latter worked out far better for me. Plus, as you say, you aren't paying interest on the balloon payment from day 1. Only do about 100-150km per week so I expect to have enough in the value of the car to go towards another new one after the 3 years.

Not for everyone but certainly worked for me, financially.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:26pm
Anyone have any dealings with N4 Car Sales?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:43pm
Both boards.ie and Facebook have these listed as f**king cowboys

Edited by horsebox - 13 Jan 2019 at 3:46pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:49pm
Know nothing about em Sham I’m afraid
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Both boards.ie and Facebook have these listed as f**king cowboys
Yeah just off a few sites doing my own research. Avoid it will be.

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Know nothing about em Sham I’m afraid

Thumbs Up

Edited by Sham157 - 13 Jan 2019 at 3:54pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:43pm
N4 Cars are in Palmerstown aren't they? Only ever just had a browse.  Wouldn't say they are great now.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:50pm
Yeah that's them. I’d tend to avoid them kind of dealers anyway but something caught my eye and it just happened to be them selling.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 4:56pm
Anyone see the article in the Indo this week about PCP,  1 in 6 PCP owners selling privately, granted they could be testing the 2nd hand market to see what they will get for theirs but not all surely. 

There will be some amount of decent 2nd hand cars on the market if/when this PCP bubble bursts. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Anyone see the article in the Indo this week about PCP,  1 in 6 PCP owners selling privately, granted they could be testing the 2nd hand market to see what they will get for theirs but not all surely. 

There will be some amount of decent 2nd hand cars on the market if/when this PCP bubble bursts. 

The market is top heavy with second hand cars as it is. It’s new cars we need to be selling
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:52pm
Top heavy with English yokes. Vast majority of what Ive been looking at has no number plate and the pic of the service history shows English dealer stamps.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Top heavy with English yokes. Vast majority of what Ive been looking at has no number plate and the pic of the service history shows English dealer stamps.
Yeah, it’s a vicious circle now but hopefully with Brexit it’ll slow the number of imports coming in, the vast majority are fine in the short term but longer term they’ll age far worse than an original Irish car. Also they’ve mostly got far bigger mileage. 
We need to start selling more new cars and it’ll filter down improving our second hand market 
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 7:59pm

You can still get good deals on these English cars. Last 2 I’ve bought have been English, 1 was 12 months old and the most recent being 3 years old, don’t want to jinx it but so far so good with both, wouldn’t hesitate about buying another English vehicle once you don’t buy from some dodgy dealer you’ll be fine. 

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:48am

Yeah, it’s a vicious circle now but hopefully with Brexit it’ll slow the number of imports coming in, the vast majority are fine in the short term but longer term they’ll age far worse than an original Irish car. Also they’ve mostly got far bigger mileage. 
We need to start selling more new cars and it’ll filter down improving our second hand market 

Why's that ?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Why's that ?
Rust is a massive issue on English imports, the frequency of them salting the roads during the winter is huge, and salt rots cars! I’ve seen cars as new as 2009 needing massive work due to rust. 
Also high mileage (no matter if it’s motorway miles) will eventually catch up. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:09am
My car is a 2005 import from England and it's fine.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:18am

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Why's that ?
Rust is a massive issue on English imports, the frequency of them salting the roads during the winter is huge, and salt rots cars! I’ve seen cars as new as 2009 needing massive work due to rust. 
Also high mileage (no matter if it’s motorway miles) will eventually catch up. 

Do we not salt the roads here as much ?

High mileage will be the same no matter where the car is bought,not all import will have excessive mileage. I'm sure anyone who imports a car with high mileage know the pitfalls 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8788899091 133>
  Share Topic