You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 133>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:31am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Timing belt was done on the car at 100k, now at 135k, 05 Focus.

Would I be looking at getting done again around the 160k mark? I'm always a bit cautious now as I had one go in a car before and it's not ideal LOL
Official belt interval is 160k kms /10years. I’d recommend every 100k kms/8 years

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 10:39am
Cheers 9fingers, have a way to go yet so

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2018 at 5:32pm
Need to remove locking nuts from the wheels as lost the key/master.... drill them off job?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
Car is mis-firing, spluttering/chugging just a small bit.
Comes and goes.
The fuel emissions warning light flashed for a minute and then disappeared.

Is it the cathalytic converter?
Is that how you spell cathalytic?

Could the issue just go away?
Or am I fooked for a new cathalytic converter?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Comes and goes.

No not necessarily the CAT
Bring it to garage get it checked. 
Drop the H off the spelling 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Need to remove locking nuts from the wheels as lost the key/master.... drill them off job?
Hammer & chisel or hammer on a larger socket and use a power bar to remove like normal
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Hammer & chisel or hammer on a larger socket and use a power bar to remove like normal
Thumbs Up
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Comes and goes.

No not necessarily the CAT
Bring it to garage get it checked. 
Drop the H off the spelling 

👍thanks
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 2:58pm
Some students pricks pulled the mirror off my wing mirror and broke my car aerial last night around 3am.  Luckily the mirror or wing mirror wasn't broken but the mirror itself was left on the ground.  It looks like it can be stuck back on somehow.  Does it need some sort of epoxy or where can I get the stuff to stick it back on myself?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 11:45pm
Any motor factors or the likes of Halfords should have something that will do the job TJ. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Any motor factors or the likes of Halfords should have something that will do the job TJ. 

Thumbs Up

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2018 at 4:04pm
Fob on my key has stopped working, i've replaced the battery on it but still no luck. I've never used the key to open the car before manually but it's just my luck that it won't work because it looks like someone damaged the f**king lock. The car has no other locks for a key to open it bar the drivers door. Any idea's?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2018 at 5:56pm
Driving short distances, burning rubber smell from front wheel, passenger side. I need to drive Dublin - Cork on Sunday and unlikely to find an open garage before that.

Any idea what it is and is a 600k round trip likely to do much more damage? 

2 year old car, only bout 15k on it

Edited by Shedite - 27 Dec 2018 at 5:57pm
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:47am
Any get their car on PCP? Usually lease a car through the company I worked for but now working on my todd. Leasing companies will only deal with you if you are self employed for over a year. Wondering if PCP is the way to go.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 11:16am
Originally posted by drog addict drog addict wrote:

Any get their car on PCP? Usually lease a car through the company I worked for but now working on my todd. Leasing companies will only deal with you if you are self employed for over a year. Wondering if PCP is the way to go.

Most of us like to be in the right frame of mind car shopping but whatever works for you..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Most of us like to be in the right frame of mind car shopping but whatever works for you..

LOL

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:06pm

PCP basically means a financing rate of 7-11% and has restrictions on annual mileage. 

Does your company have enough cash to buy a car? Can you get a company loan for a cheaper rate? 
I know it’s tax deductible but the more your company saves the more income for you.

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

LOL
ClapLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8687888990 133>
  Share Topic