You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 133>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Drove to Donegal over the weekend and at times the drivers footwell would get very hot, like the heating was on but it wasn't. Then it would be fine and the passengers side would get roasting hot. Car wasn't over heating or anything, fluids were all topped up. Any ideas what it could be?
Possible faulty/blocked cat

Nothing to do with the heater matrix then? I had to replace the O rings a few months ago due to leaks
Obviously it’s very hard for me to tell over the internet but if coolant level was fine & the carpet/floor is dry then I’d guess the heater is fine. 
Just get it checked 

Thumbs UpHave to get the ABS done on one wheel so i'll ask your man to have a look at this, cheers 9fingers
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 12:37pm
Anyone know what it would cost to replace a timing chain on an 07 astra
Getting old and intolerant
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 6:45pm
Not a clue, sorry, I'd be guessing somewhere in the region of 600-800. If that car has huge mileage it might not be worth doing, especially if you were thinking of getting rid of it anyway, though the downside to that is not every garage would accept a non-runner as a trade-in. Is it a non-runner, or is it just rattling (with a load of warning lights on) ? 

If it's still running at all, trade it in & leave it be someone else's problem. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Timing belts.ie, it gives you an online quote. He's in tallaght if you're south side. Does chains as well.
I got a chain done on a corsa and he charged €195. 
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Timing belts.ie, it gives you an online quote. He's in tallaght if you're south side. Does chains as well.
I got a chain done on a corsa and he charged €195. 

Cheers GL
Getting old and intolerant
celticfc24 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote celticfc24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2018 at 10:10pm
Just bought a 2014 Mazda 6, 2.2 litre diesel. Would it have a timing belt or timing chain? And what mileage would it need to be changed at? 
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:59pm
Aside from the obvious pisstakes does anyone know about the Peugeot rcz (the sporty yolk that looks like a tt) have done a bit of research and they seem excellent but only ever seen a few of them in Ireland.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:02am
IS200

Just noticed squeaking noise when trying to steer the car, it feels like tight, but it goes and feels a lot freer after a while.

I did notice that on the 2 bushings - the one on the drivers side appears to be leaking.

Any thoughts and how safe is this to drive?

Will be driving around the North the weekend too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

IS200

Just noticed squeaking noise when trying to steer the car, it feels like tight, but it goes and feels a lot freer after a while.

I did notice that on the 2 bushings - the one on the drivers side appears to be leaking.

They’re not a hydro bush so they shouldn’t leak but the bushes do wear giving a squeak & knock when steering & braking. 
You’ll be fine driving once you’re not rallying it up the high command meeting. 
Get em replaced soon 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 11:11am

IS200

If you break down up north I know a great mechanic on Sandy Row
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 4:37pm
Anybody know what a reverse light switch for a 2002 Volvo s40 would cost to fit including the cost of the part itself?

Got quoted 95 beans

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 4:40pm
You should be able to do that yourself - loads of youtube videos.

The part itself could cost close to 85 if no more. Although I'd say it's a second hand part.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 5:02pm
Looked at a couple of videos there Horse.  In theory its easy to do I'd say. The problem is getting access to the switch itself. In my car I think you would have to take out parts under the bonnet to access it.  The mechanic says he needs to put it up on the ramp to do it.  

Says the switch will be 44 euro plus labour so around 95-100 quid.   Seems a bit steep.  When I spoke to him initially on the phone he seemed to think it would cost 40 all in.  Now its 100.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 6:15pm
How hard is it to retrofit ISOFIX anchor points on an 05 Focus?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 6:28pm

How hard is it to retrofit ISOFIX anchor points on an 05 Focus?
Very simple. Here’s the kit, bolts screw directly to pre made holes in floor under the seats 

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2018 at 10:03pm
Deadly, cheers 9F
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 1:02pm

IS200

They’re not a hydro bush so they shouldn’t leak but the bushes do wear giving a squeak & knock when steering & braking. 
You’ll be fine driving once you’re not rallying it up the high command meeting. 
Get em replaced soon 

Mechanic looked at it and said it was the power steering cooling pipe which is leaking at the front grill.
You could see the power steering fluid leaking albeit very slowly.

Any idea where I can get this part in Dublin?

Pricy enough on eBAY + the shipping costs too.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 9:46am
Timing belt was done on the car at 100k, now at 135k, 05 Focus.

Would I be looking at getting done again around the 160k mark? I'm always a bit cautious now as I had one go in a car before and it's not ideal LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 133>
  Share Topic