You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 133>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

A few jeeps robbed in my estate the past 2 weeks. 
Neighbour’s stroked last night
This happening in anyone else’s area? Who is nicking them and what do they do with them?

Sold to Eastern Europe if new or expensive, or stripped down and sold for parts.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
Yeah they only seem to be after decent 151 and above. 
Why is there no built in GPS trackers in all new cars,what with all the technology available 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:31pm
Because you and many others will go back and buy another one!
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 6:53am
Does your insurance cover that sort of thing,how will that work?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 8:43am
Yes, your insurance will cover the market cost of the car, this can be negotiable.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 8:52am
I know someone who had a brand new car lifted and actually found out who took it and traced it to who they sold it to.

They were told if they wanted the car back it would cost them 2k but if they got the gardai involved they'd never get the car back and they'd also burn down their house. Eastern European gangs are mad ****s
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I know someone who had a brand new car lifted and actually found out who took it and traced it to who they sold it to.

They were told if they wanted the car back it would cost them 2k but if they got the gardai involved they'd never get the car back and they'd also burn down their house. Eastern European gangs are mad ****s

Don't get the first part. The person that stole was the same person that sold them the car or was the person they sold it to?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 9:59am
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Don't get the first part. The person that stole was the same person that sold them the car or was the person they sold it to?

Some young lad gangster wanabe robbed it, they tracked him down but he'd sold it on to some European based gangsters. The young lad who stole it was actually back in prison by the time they'd tracked him down, it's all a bit mad really. His mam had to find out from him in prison what he did with the car because the owner wanted it back. This was over the course of about 3 weeks.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:00am
This jeep is only about 6 weeks old. Lovely yoke
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 10:02am

Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Some young lad gangster wanabe robbed it, they tracked him down but he'd sold it on to some European based gangsters. The young lad who stole it was actually back in prison by the time they'd tracked him down, it's all a bit mad really. His mam had to find out from him in prison what he did with the car because the owner wanted it back. This was over the course of about 3 weeks.

Get you now. Thumbs Up
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 11:28am
Replacing the discs and pads on the front end of an 05 focus, what would you expect to pay?
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 6:02pm
2015 Opel Corsa

Tyre pressure warning light has come on, telling me left rear is low, put correct air into it, light (yellow warning light) is still staying on.
I tried to reset it but it won’t go.

Neighbour told me it could be €250 for a new sensor.
Could I just get it disconnected, take a fuse out???
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

2015 Opel Corsa

Tyre pressure warning light has come on, telling me left rear is low, put correct air into it, light (yellow warning light) is still staying on.

That price sounds like it is for a wheel speed sensor, not a tyre pressure monitoring sensor, which would be a lot cheaper. Either of them could be causing that light to come on, but I wouldn't be heading off replacing the expensive one on someone's say so. Know fcuk all about Opels other than to avoid them, so probably worth phoning a dealer to get an opinion and price before making a decision. On some makes & models, it is possible to deactivate the TPM system by programming, but that could cost as much as a tyre sensor. 

If you bought it in an Opel dealer, pop in to them and play dumb, tell them the light is on and ask them to reset it for you (this would normally be a 2 minute FOC effort), you might end up getting a free diagnosis that way if it won't reset for them. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:45am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

2015 Opel Corsa

That price sounds like it is for a wheel speed sensor, not a tyre pressure monitoring sensor, which would be a lot cheaper. Either of them could be causing that light to come on, but I wouldn't be heading off replacing the expensive one on someone's say so. Know fcuk all about Opels other than to avoid them, so probably worth phoning a dealer to get an opinion and price before making a decision. On some makes & models, it is possible to deactivate the TPM system by programming, but that could cost as much as a tyre sensor. 

If you bought it in an Opel dealer, pop in to them and play dumb, tell them the light is on and ask them to reset it for you (this would normally be a 2 minute FOC effort), you might end up getting a free diagnosis that way if it won't reset for them. 

Just brought it up to Atlas, the guy came out, checked the air pressure in all the tyres, then cleared and reset the settings.
Warning lights now gone, happy days.

Fair play to Atlas, that’s the 2nd time they’ve done something like that.
Years ago I had a Passat, fuel emissions light came on, I went down to a well known VW service centre in SoCoDu, charged me €190 for a 2 hr diagnostic.
They couldn’t find anything wrong and couldn’t turn off the warning light permanently.
I went up to Atlas, a guy plugged in a iPad size computer, pressed clear, the light never came on again. Atlas wouldn’t take a cent off me either time.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 7:09pm
Good news ya didn't need any parts anyway Thumbs Up. To be fair, it would be a complete robbing bollix that would charge anyone to reset a TPM light. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 6:42am
Lads what would be a rough price to get a weld done on the exhaust ?
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:11pm
Missus wants to change her car.

Looking at another VW Golf, but now likes Hyundai i30.

Are i30’s any good??
Probably going to go for a 2014 reg plate.

With diesel’s getting a bad press and resale value dropping, I presume it’s way better to go for a petrol, and stay clear of a diesel?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2018 at 6:27pm

Missus wants to change her car.

Looking at another VW Golf, but now likes Hyundai i30.

Are i30’s any good??
Probably going to go for a 2014 reg plate.

With diesel’s getting a bad press and resale value dropping, I presume it’s way better to go for a petrol, and stay clear of a diesel?

The brother has one, around that age as well. Loves it. Reliability seems excellent - he's had no bother in 3.5 years
@AntrimMan85
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8384858687 133>
  Share Topic