You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 133>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 11:01am
There's no way of knowing till you get it looked at. Simple as
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 7:37pm
Was driving home and the car started hissing, seems like there is a leak in a hose up the the clutch. Driver and right rear passenger foot well filling with water and steam coming out of the windscreen vents. I had a look and it looks like there's a connection that's broken, probably got a kick by accident.

Easy to fix? Safe to drive until i get it sorted?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Was driving home and the car started hissing, seems like there is a leak in a hose up the the clutch. Driver and right rear passenger foot well filling with water and steam coming out of the windscreen vents. I had a look and it looks like there's a connection that's broken, probably got a kick by accident.

Easy to fix? Safe to drive until i get it sorted?

There's rubber O ring seals which join coolant pipes to the interior heater matrix and they can fail causing a leak.
Car will overheat if driven so don't drive would be my advice, if that's what it is, it's not a huge job to get done.
If it's the heater matrix itself it can be fairly costly

Edited by 9fingers - 29 May 2017 at 8:50pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:16pm
When i was driving it on Saturday i had the cold air on but around the gear stick it was roasting, would that have something to do with it also?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:22pm

When i was driving it on Saturday i had the cold air on but around the gear stick it was roasting, would that have something to do with it also?

Yeah possibly, this is the Focus we're talking about yeah?
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Yeah possibly, this is the Focus we're talking about yeah?

Yeah, brought it for a spin there and it's pissing water. There's plastic clip on the hose by the clutch the water is just pouring out of. Probable need to replace the hose?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 6:25pm
Fans still running after engine shut down. Audi A3. Normal in this weather or get it checked out?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Fans still running after engine shut down. Audi A3. Normal in this weather or get it checked out?

Normal enough, especially in traffic, just keep an eye on the temp gauge just in case.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 9:54am
Sound 9F. Rad coolant was pretty low (only got it end of March Angry)
Topped it up and will see how she goes. 
Got a recall for it in post too so have to book in with Audi Finglas for technical emissions fault or whatever. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 10:21pm
Water pump or EGR.......................

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Water pump or EGR.......................

Topped up with coolant and hasn't happened since? Just keep an eye? I've a long drive this weekend so will see how she goes. Under warranty for another 2 weeks so if sh*t needs to be done, i need to identify it sharpish.
AS YOU WERE McGx

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 9:44pm
Get it tested under warranty anyway before the 2 weeks is up. Only takes a few minutes with a pressure guage. Could be a very small leak that won't manifest itself again for another month or 2. 

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Get it tested under warranty anyway before the 2 weeks is up. Only takes a few minutes with a pressure guage. Could be a very small leak that won't manifest itself again for another month or 2. 

Will do. Cheers Deise.
AS YOU WERE McGx

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2017 at 11:23pm
How much is it to fit/supply a injector in a 2007 x type jag estate.....I'm thinking of buying this car in a private sale and he said the car is running 100% but just needs an injector,any need to worry??
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2017 at 9:30am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

How much is it to fit/supply a injector in a 2007 x type jag estate.....I'm thinking of buying this car in a private sale and he said the car is running 100% but just needs an injector,any need to worry??

If it's the 2.0L diesel ford engine they're very expensive iirc, 3 or 400 hundred for the part alone + fitting
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 4:05pm
If one injector is gone, the others may not be far from heading in that direction within a few months either. Avoid, unless you know what yer getting in to, replacing 2 of those might end up being more than what you pay for the car. 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:11am
I'll give it a wide birth so .....thanks lads
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2017 at 4:43pm
Got the O-Ring replaced in the hose just by the clutch as it was pissing out coolant.

When he took it out it was broken but looked like general wear. The new one went after about 2 weeks but this one looked like it was just cut in half, do they or can they pinch when installed?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7374757677 133>
  Share Topic