You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 133>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Question on speeding.

Just been caught (again) speeding on the N3. What level of margin do they give you? in a 120km zone, what speed will they let you away with?

no 120 zone on the N3 Horse...if you were heading from J4 Damastown towards the M50 or vice versa its 100k zone.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 2:29pm
f**k
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 3:31pm

f**k

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 3:50pm
Motorway starts/ ends just after/ before J4. If its defo the spot im thinking of when ypu come down the slip and the van was in on the left befpre the new services, then its defo 100k
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:01pm
Hopefully that fat copper was eating a donut or something. Yeah it's a 100km zone.

Got pulled over 2 weeks ago doing about 150km by a Guard on a bike and he just told me to slow down
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 5:50pm

Hopefully that fat copper was eating a donut or something. Yeah it's a 100km zone.

Got pulled over 2 weeks ago doing about 150km by a Guard on a bike and he just told me to slow down
was it a Go Safe or Cop van. Go Safe are constantly there. When i go in later on a Tuesday morning the road is backed up and traffic crawling and them dopes are sitting there regardless.
henys View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 10:02pm
everyone know something :P
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 9:41am
Brakes are squeaking like mad

Whats best way to get them sorted the cheapest? Go to a few garages and let them have a look at the car and then get a quote?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:29pm
I've got a 2005 Ford focus at home that I want to get rid of. It's not in great condition. It's missing a wing, although I bought another, it's just not fitted, it's the same colour. it probably needs a new battery also, won't start without a jump. Other than that, I think it's ok.

What could I reasonably expect to get for this? I was hoping to get €500 for it. I submitted a form on one of these "buy any car" websites and they got back to say between €150 to €450. 

Edited by FrankosHereNow - 12 May 2017 at 4:30pm
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I've got a 2005 Ford focus at home that I want to get rid of. It's not in great condition. It's missing a wing, although I bought another, it's just not fitted, it's the same colour. it probably needs a new battery also, won't start without a jump. Other than that, I think it's ok.

What could I reasonably expect to get for this? I was hoping to get €500 for it. I submitted a form on one of these "buy any car" websites and they got back to say between €150 to €450. 

Take a look at the used car sites and see what similar cars(age,mileage etc) are selling for.Id then stick it up on donedeal for a hundred or two less and let the calls/haggling begin.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Take a look at the used car sites and see what similar cars(age,mileage etc) are selling for.Id then stick it up on donedeal for a hundred or two less and let the calls/haggling begin.

What engine is in it? Mileage?
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

What engine is in it? Mileage?
1.4 petrol. 147,000 KM.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:41am
Rear passenger electric window gone haywire. Wont go up all the way and had to physically force it up when pressing the button. 

Quick garage job or DIY?

All others are fine.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 9:58am
Something similar happened in mine a few years back, think it was called the Regulator. Controls the movement of the glass in the door. Mechanic job but wasn't a big one
Some people just deserve a slap
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Something similar happened in mine a few years back, think it was called the Regulator. Controls the movement of the glass in the door. Mechanic job but wasn't a big one

This.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 9:38am
The lights on my car radio started to flicker on and off last night on the way home, then a message on the dashboard saying battery was low, the power steering then gave up on me and I couldn't build up much speed at all, but made it home

Went out a few times last night to start the car again and it worked, but this morning its dead as a doornail.
Got a quote from a breakdown service to get a jump start, but is there any guarantee that they will definitely get it going?
Could it be the alternator and in that case they wont get it going?

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:11am
Haven't a clue about the car damage but have you breakdown service as part of your insurance policy? Might save you paying for it
Some people just deserve a slap
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2017 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The lights on my car radio started to flicker on and off last night on the way home, then a message on the dashboard saying battery was low, the power steering then gave up on me and I couldn't build up much speed at all, but made it home

Went out a few times last night to start the car again and it worked, but this morning its dead as a doornail.
Got a quote from a breakdown service to get a jump start, but is there any guarantee that they will definitely get it going?
Could it be the alternator and in that case they wont get it going?

Something similar happened my old car and it was the alternator
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 133>
  Share Topic