You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 133>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 10:40am
I've no interest in looking at her cars.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I've no interest in looking at her cars.

You’re in luck as there are very few in the videos. 

One thing there is plenty of is tits. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 4:03pm
Anyone know how the NCT is working these days? Mine is due for a retest next Feb, I tried booking a few weeks ago and it told me I can only book 3 months out, I logged on toady (3 months out) and am told there's no slots available until May.

Is there an Irish solution to this or how's it working at the moment? Do I need to ring up or something?
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 5:15pm
Mine was due start of October. Earliest dates I could get was March so filled in the priority NCT request form. Got an email the other day with a slot on Nov 28th. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:19pm
Mine is 1 full year out of date now. I did have a failed NCT in August and the next available slot was next March - I cancelled this, got on the priority list and my next appointment is the 10th Dec.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Anyone know how the NCT is working these days? Mine is due for a retest next Feb, I tried booking a few weeks ago and it told me I can only book 3 months out, I logged on toady (3 months out) and am told there's no slots available until May.

Is there an Irish solution to this or how's it working at the moment? Do I need to ring up or something?
A retest due in February doesn’t make any sense. 

Surprisingly years of treating mechanics poorly have come back to bite Applus in the hole.  Their solution instead of treating staff better is to lower standards going forward 

Anyway if it’s a full test you’re after wait till 30 days before your cert expiry then ring the booking office  
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:25am

Yep ring up. There was nothing for months when I went to book a few weeks ago but rang up and got one a few weeks away. Read somewhere the majority of appointments aren't advertised online. 
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:36am
There will be heap of appointments coming online for Dublin area in the next few weeks for anyone looking, appointments for Christmas onwards. 
Also, appointments for bank holidays are only released 3/4 days beforehand so if anyone looking for a test and a bank holiday is approaching, keep it in mind. 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:41am
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Yep ring up. There was nothing for months when I went to book a few weeks ago but rang up and got one a few weeks away. Read somewhere the majority of appointments aren't advertised online. 
Ring up or send an email to be put on a cancellation list, i was in the same boat but managed to get a slot around 3 weeks after i was added to the cancellation list.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 9:56am
Thanks all, sounds like the online booking system is a bit of a waste of time so.

Thanks
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 10:37am

Thanks all, sounds like the online booking system is a bit of a waste of time so.

Thanks

pre-covid and the lift issues it was fine as you could pick a time. Issue with taking a cancellation is it can be for any time of the day. I got lucky with a 7am slot.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 6:46pm
ERG valve needs replacing on my Audi. Was quoted 700-800. That right lads? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Seems expensive, had it done on my old BMW before for around €400 though with current prices and shortages it could very well be the going rate.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Seems expensive, had it done on my old BMW before for around €400 though with current prices and shortages it could very well be the going rate.

Was told its a tricky job. Full days work etc. etc. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2022 at 8:07pm

Seems expensive, had it done on my old BMW before for around €400 though with current prices and shortages it could very well be the going rate.

Disaster due to its location. Price is about right 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Seems expensive, had it done on my old BMW before for around €400 though with current prices and shortages it could very well be the going rate.

Would the ERG valve need replacing if the DPF light comes on a lot? Have a diesel and even after long journeys the DPF light still comes on. Car Idling a bit too when i start it.

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Would the ERG valve need replacing if the DPF light comes on a lot? Have a diesel and even after long journeys the DPF light still comes on. Car Idling a bit too when i start it.
No it shouldn’t. DPFs can be an absolute pain Dead 
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 1:50pm

Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

No it shouldn’t. DPFs can be an absolute pain Dead 
Cheers, very annoying alright if it comes on and you are nowhere near a motorway.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 119120121122123 133>
  Share Topic