You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody know anything about cars?????!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 133>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Cheers, its the normal 12v battery under the bonnet on about
No it’s the same as a normal set up Thumbs Up
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Cheers, its the normal 12v battery under the bonnet on about
No it’s the same as a normal set up Thumbs Up
cheers 9f ill tackle that myself soClap
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Any advice on getting 3 heavy key scratches off the bonnet? - the cuts are deep and I used T-Cut but to no affect, although I am not sure I buffed it enough.

If you can feel it with your nail then you aren't getting them off. You can get scuffs off with cutting compound by removing a little bit of the lacquer top coat but if it's deeper than that (i.e. down to metal) then it happening unfortunately. 

Panal beater job? -- it doesn't look too bad but the T-Cut isn't doing it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2022 at 12:56pm

Any advice on getting 3 heavy key scratches off the bonnet? - the cuts are deep and I used T-Cut but to no affect, although I am not sure I buffed it enough.

If you can feel it with your nail then you aren't getting them off. You can get scuffs off with cutting compound by removing a little bit of the lacquer top coat but if it's deeper than that (i.e. down to metal) then it happening unfortunately. 

Panal beater job? -- it doesn't look too bad but the T-Cut isn't doing it.

Yep, well a crash repairs or bodyshop place. There are mobile crowds too that will call out and do it on the drive too. Google dial a dent and similar.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:49pm
380e to get it fixed off a mate.

Went to 4 different garages - they all looked and went not doing it, don't bother or they'll ring me with a quote.

One person quoted me 500e.

Dirt.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 7:29am
My abs light was flicking on and off for a few weeks but seems stuck on now. Does anybody know what the cheapest code reader would be for my car that would diagnose the problem? My car is a 05 ford galaxy 1.9 tdi
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Given's zimmerframe Given's zimmerframe wrote:

My abs light was flicking on and off for a few weeks but seems stuck on now. Does anybody know what the cheapest code reader would be for my car that would diagnose the problem? My car is a 05 ford galaxy 1.9 tdi
Loads of readers on adverts for cheap. Not sire how reliable they’d be though
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 9:23am

I presume you have tried to find out the codes already via the hidden service /self diagnostic menu?
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 10:09am

I presume you have tried to find out the codes already via the hidden service /self diagnostic menu?

What is this sorcery? Could you please explain more? Thanks
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 12:58pm

What is this sorcery? Could you please explain more? Thanks

Google it for your car. There are hidden menus that are meant for the main dealer mechanics. Usually accessed by pressing the correct sequence of buttons or some other way (used to be a pedal test with Opels).
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 3:00pm

I have a diagnostics lead which will plug into a Windows laptop and works with forscan. I got it when I had a transit van a few years ago that kept breaking down. It allows you do almost anything with Fords. The link to the website is below. Send me on a message if you want to borrow it and I'll see if I can meet up with you. 

Let Christy Take It.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

I have a diagnostics lead which will plug into a Windows laptop and works with forscan. I got it when I had a transit van a few years ago that kept breaking down. It allows you do almost anything with Fords. The link to the website is below. Send me on a message if you want to borrow it and I'll see if I can meet up with you. 

Thats great thanks, my only issue is although my car is branded as a ford galaxy, it is in reality a vw sharan, do you know if your scanner would work on a vw?
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2022 at 12:45am

Originally posted by tapfit2004 tapfit2004 wrote:

Thats great thanks, my only issue is although my car is branded as a ford galaxy, it is in reality a vw sharan, do you know if your scanner would work on a vw?

I searched online and I can't find out if it will work or not. There are a few Ford galaxys mentioned on one of the forums but they are all newer than your one. I think the adapter in the link below is the same one as I have. There is one review about it working on a galaxy but it doesn't say what year.

Let Christy Take It.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:19pm
Great week for the aircon to stop blowing cool air.. assume it just needs regassing?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:30pm
Yes.

Think I paid about 45e the last time I got it done, about 3 years ago.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 12:16am

Yes.

Thumbs Upprobably cost double that now
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 8:14am

Yes.

Thumbs Upprobably cost double that now

I was quoted 150 on Friday from the main dealer. Turned out it was completely empty so likely the condenser gone and 1k to replace - no thanks
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2022 at 9:14am
Plenty of independent crowds about, no need to go anywhere near a main dealer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 117118119120121 133>
  Share Topic