Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any Leeds fans about ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 258>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:01pm
Has always been an unlucky ground for Leeds - must have seen : or 4 times  there in the early 90’s and font recall them take a point 

Year they won league it was one of their 4 defeats I think 

Edited by Newryrep - 18 Jan 2020 at 10:02pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:47pm
We've started our wobble a bit earlier this season

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 10:53pm
I was sure that THIS was their year, the year the famine would finally come to an end, that for the first time since 1990 one of the great clubs of English football would once again win the championship, but they're slipping, they're bottling it again, and it's now clear that this will NOT, after all, be their year.

Good old Leeds United.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:02am
Not sure what it is with Leeds and their fans but they had the league won in September the last two years running or so i was told LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:07am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Not sure what it is with Leeds and their fans but they had the league won in September the last two years running or so i was told LOL

Who told you that, Murph? Because any Leeds fans I know are fatalistic in the extreme and never count any chickens. So I have to assume someone was winding you up or I'm calling BS. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Who told you that, Murph? Because any Leeds fans I know are fatalistic in the extreme and never count any chickens. So I have to assume someone was winding you up or I'm calling BS. 
Calm down now.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Nope Drums no BS, from a couple of lads at work , hey you know the sort big Leeds Fans in the 70s and they could even tell name the side at the moment or tell you who they were playing next week LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:11am
Will Leeds be bringing many player in during the January window?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:03am
I bloody hope so LOL

Bielsa knows we need at least 2 , a striker is a must , the dog on the street knows that.

Most teams have 2-4 strikers , we have 1 Confused   as frustrating as Bamford is , i feel sorry for him.

Linked with a kid from Man City , Ian Poveda as a replacement for Jack Clarke, 

Dont need to be an expert to see that if we dont bring a goalscorer in we are goosed Cry

Why no wine??!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 11:48am
Where's Jack Clarke away to?

Poveda looks a great prospect in the clips I've seen of him
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Where's Jack Clarke away to?

Poveda looks a great prospect in the clips I've seen of him

Clarke came on against Leeds for QPR on Saturday , Spurs recalled him and sent him out on loan again
Why no wine??!
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

We've started our wobble a bit earlier this season

Their next four fixtures could be crucial in either "steadying the ship" or turning the "wobble" into a "crisis":

Millwall (H)
Wigan (H)
Forest (A)
Brentford (A)

If they don't take six points from the first two, then the next two could be real testers, esp Brentford under lights at Griffin Park.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Hasn't Bielsa got a reputation for only ever having a small squad?

Last January he brought in only two players in January. One of those was Casilla, a free transfer whom he knew well and who was needed to replace the rookie Peacock-Farrell in a key position. The other was Bogusz, a Polish teenager who has yet to make his League debut.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Last January he brought in only two players in January. One of those was Casilla, a free transfer whom he knew well and who was needed to replace the rookie Peacock-Farrell in a key position. The other was Bogusz, a Polish teenager who has yet to make his League debut.

Yea he does , which in a 50 game championship is already a disadvantage .

But the squad is tiny now , he needs 2 players minimum.
Why no wine??!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Yea he does , which in a 50 game championship is already a disadvantage .

But the squad is tiny now , he needs 2 players minimum.
Wow!

Just taken a look at last season. Between 24 Nov and 26 Dec (games 18 to 24), Leeds won 7 games on the trot.

The next 7 they won 2, drew 1 and lost 4, and still they hardly moved in the January transfer market.

Overall they managed 48 points in the first half of the season, leaving them top of the table, but only 35 in the second, before skittering out to Derby in the play-off semi-finals.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_Leeds_United_F.C._season

This season they managed 47 points by the half way stage, gaining only another 5 points in the five games since.

Time to dust off the oul "Joy Division Greatest Hits" album?
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:07pm
More apt is probably
Don't Go Breaking My Heart

which the Mighty Whites tend to manage on a regular basis
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 8:41pm

They also did a deal with Swansea for Dan James who signed, did his promo pics plus videos only for Swansea chairman Huew Jenkins to defy the club's owners and refuse to fax the transfer registration back. He was sacked by the owners days later for it. So they were trying to bring someone else in. There are only certain players the Bielsa will sanction once they're identified, he's fussy on them alright. Nketiah and Clarke were sent back because of lack of game time given to them. 

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 20 Jan 2020 at 8:42pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 9:49pm
Looked a few weeks ago that Leeds and Albion were certainties. Both on bad runs dragging the chasing pack back in. Baggies losing again tonight I see. When you see Leeds stats regards chances created you think they'd splash out on a goalscorer considering the scores of millions if they were to get promoted. That Bamford fella wouldn't score in a brothel with a hand full of fifties. WBA have the best squad and should go up. Leeds might make it too, but need to splash the cash.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 258>
  Share Topic