You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any finn harps fans on this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Any link to plans etc?

Can't find any links online to detailed plans but this video includes a bit in it that shows what it plans to look like 

the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Sponsored Links

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:26pm
Sadly it will only ever be Phase 1 completed I would say!
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:27pm
fingers crossed boys, it’s up and running now.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 10:48pm
Good video. Will be an amazing facility. I hope the grounvfd doesn't just turn out to be one stand though 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Good video. Will be an amazing facility. I hope the grounvfd doesn't just turn out to be one stand though 
That's my big fear!
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

That's my big fear!

Would share similar fear but at this stage will take anything 14 years since we received planning permission for the site. Hope we wrong and can end up with a ground to be proud of 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 12:45pm
What's the proposed capacity of the stadium if all the phases are completed?

I see Finn harps average attendance is approx 1200. Is there any point building out phase 2 onwards if it won't be used.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I see Finn harps average attendance is approx 1200. Is there any point building out phase 2 onwards if it won't be used.
Did you not see Field of Dreams ? On a serious note I'd imagine a modern stadium would attract more fans at least initiall particularly in developing the club further in the community. Attracting the casual fan and keeping them coming back is the key, in so doing it becomes generational in a family when going to football is part of your normal routine. For a club like Harps and all LOI clubs having community buy in is essential. A larger capacity may attract larger number of away fans particularly from Derry and Sligo which boosts the coffers. And there may be some scope for attracting under age internationals if facilities are up to scratch which helps further with the development of the game in the area. 

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 03 Apr 2021 at 1:53pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
It's possible alright.
But if they build phase 1 and don't have that at full capacity I doubt they will complete the remaining phases. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

As a club our attendances fluctuate depending on how things are going on the pitch. Has been nights in recent years we have seen finn Park packed only for it to be deserted a few weeks later because the side isn't going well. 

Also a major factor at present on attendances is the weather I would say at least 85% of finn Park is currently out in the open so when weather is sh*te will put of casual fans attending as don't want to stand out in the rain getting soaked 

Personal think at least phase 2 needs to be completed with a second stand and then over time can add the terraces if/when needed similar to how the new stands have been added to tallaght 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:22pm
It's a massive step for the league and football in general though. Proper, modern facilities are important. Keep it coming.  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:27pm
How far out is it though? Grounds a long way out don't encourage people to go. Longford have certainly suffered from this.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

How far out is it though? Grounds a long way out don't encourage people to go. Longford have certainly suffered from this.

It's in stranorlar beside the finn valley athletics club. I would say max 10 minutes walk from current finn Park. Have plenty of bars etc in stranorlar as well as the usual spots in Ballybofey

Edited by ringerbell - 03 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm

I defer to the locals there..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 03 Apr 2021 at 3:31pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:36pm
The red arrow shows current ground and the blue arrow shows site for new stadium 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:42pm
That looks ideal.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 3:58pm

That looks ideal.
The GAA ground is close by too, just in the right background of Finn Park in case you were interestedThumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

That looks ideal.
The GAA ground is close by too, just in the right background of Finn Park in case you were interestedThumbs Up
I'm only interested in the sport there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic