You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Ronan Curtis was his age when he tearing it up in the same league and he was slow enough to earn a call up, I dont remember as many people in up roar about his exclusions. He has also showed since hes not quite good enough for International level despite being a more than consistent performer in League One since moving to England 4 years ago.I dont suspect Scully will suddenly come in a pulling up trees for us.

Pretty much how I see it too.The clamor for Scully is unwarranted. Curtis put up basically the same numbers in goals/assists over the last few seasons & hasn't been up to international level.

League 1 strikers are realistically not going to be the solution to our problems, but we find ourselves dipping into that league now for well-discussed reasons.

To be useful to us they must move up & be competitive at least at Championship level, all of them - Curtis, Scully, Parrott, Keane.

I won't discount the possibility of late bloomers of course (McGoldrick, Stevens, Egan, etc), Curtis & Keane could end up being useful.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 32 seconds ago at 5:30pm
Four games without a goal, six games without a goal from open play.

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
  Share Topic