Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:18pm
Would be strange if he doesn't get called in. Has bounced back from a few injuries and is delivering on all the promise he showed a few years ago. 
He is very keen to be called in and his form deserves it
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Would be strange if he doesn't get called in. Has bounced back from a few injuries and is delivering on all the promise he showed a few years ago. 

Why do you think he's keen? 

I genuinely hope he is of course but where have you heard this?
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:22pm
Does he qualify through his grandparents or is through a parent?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

His Dad is Tony Scully. Dublin player who played for Man City and QPR in the 90s. Capped up to B level back then. Anthony was born in England because his Da was playing over there. 

I don't think there's any danger of Scully jnr jumping ship. He should definitely be in the squad though. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm

His dad is a dubliner and was capped 10 times for our u21 I believe.

On west hams website he's referenced as the Irishman. 
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

His Dad is Tony Scully. Dublin player who played for Man City and QPR in the 90s. Capped up to B level back then. Anthony was born in England because his Da was playing over there. 

I don't think there's any danger of Scully jnr jumping ship. He should definitely be in the squad though. 

Cheers, not sure why I didn't know this.
I didn't want to get excited about Anthony because I assumed England would be in his ear. 
Promising signs from him this season.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Said in interview he had no intention of switching allegiance to England.
Adobolo View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adobolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Some West Ham fans looking for him to be called up to the first team but most say he is far from ready and his stats look good because he is playing in the second division of the U23 league. Personally agree he should be in our u21 squad but I’d like to see him play a few times before we all get carried away.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

I work with a lad who knows Tony well and used to work with him after Tony hung up his boots. Apparently he settled in Cambridgeshire for a while, liked it while he played here, and used to drive the son to West Ham. Anyway, according to this fella, he is always saying my son will get the Irish senior cap I never got. 
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

I think Rice said the same thing but let’s hope this guy is truthful 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

Originally posted by PaddyDaCulchie PaddyDaCulchie wrote:

I think Rice said the same thing but let’s hope this guy is truthful 

Different kettle of fish altogether 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2019 at 8:48am

I know the family well. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2020 at 4:14pm
Gets a goal today.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2020 at 4:57pm
assist today
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 9:53pm
After his goal today he has 5 goals in 20 appearances for Lincoln, half of which have come off the bench. 1 goal in every second start. He also notched another assist, which he seems to do quite often. Not bad going for a 21 year old. He's our only young forward who's scoring on a regular basis.

Lincoln top of the table approaching the midway point of the season so he could get a Championship platform next year.

Zack Elbouzedi came off the bench again so his prospects are looking a tiny bit healthier. Sean Roughan didn't make the match day squad but at 17 he looks like more of a long-term option, and he's impressed in his limited game time so far.

I was reasonably impressed with Scully in the Iceland game. I think he could fly under the radar a bit while most of the focus is on lads like Cassidy, Parrott, Obafemi, Connolly and Idah.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:01pm
Scully has impressed me any time ive seen him for Lincoln, good descicion maker and good finisher and has a an assist in his locker to . Has 7 or 8 goals from all comps this season and could well be playing Chanpuonship football next year aswel.
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:34pm
scully has played most on the wing this year , so his goal return is most impressive 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm
8 goals and 6 assists in 23 appearances this season going by transfermarkt. 

Impressive stuff. Idah Parrott Connolly Obafemi are considered the fab 4 as such and it’s been mixed for them this season to say the least. we do have plenty other young attackers like Scully Kayode Afolabi Cassidy Grant has signed for Huddersfield recently that are between 19-21 who you would hope a couple of them might progress into Championship level if not dare I say it top flight level attackers in the next 3-8 years let’s say. 

Scully is flying definitely leading the way at the moment.

Edited by kevin100 - 26 Dec 2020 at 10:39pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 19>
  Share Topic