FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Scully

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:46pm
Training camp begins Friday the 28th, and the play off finals are on that weekend. Don't think anyone that's playing in the finals will be in camp. Unless they fly at straight after their matches to meet up.

Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:48pm
Played very well again tonight against Sunderland. Fast and direct going forward, but gets back and helps out the defence as well. Played wide right - a position where we're not overstocked with options. Only 22 as well. I could see him going on to have a better career than some of our more highly rated younger players.

Definitely warrants a call up in June.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

If we were to play a game tomorrow and go 4-3-3, how many folks would be happy with a front three of Collins with Curtis and Scully either side?
The latter two are in L1 but this is our level for now when it comes to goal-scoring forwards.

not quite sure i agree with that... just because some players are scoring more at a lower level than those playing at a much higher level doesnt make them a better player.

if you put robinson or connolly into league 1 im pretty sure they would be scoring loads of goals. you go with your best players
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 2:23pm
If we were to play a game tomorrow and go 4-3-3, how many folks would be happy with a front three of Collins with Curtis and Scully either side?
The latter two are in L1 but this is our level for now when it comes to goal-scoring forwards.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 2:15pm
Doyle (18) (18)
Scully (17) (11)
McGrath (16) (9)
Wilkinson (15) (12)
Collins (14) (10)
Curtis (14) (10)
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd say he'll stay on at Lincoln either way. If they don't go up he needs to nail down a first team spot next season, it's unusual that a player who has scored that many goals isn't a consistent starter but he seems to have off days which results in him being dropped. To be fair though, most forwards have quiet days, it's the nature of the position.

There's Sean Roughan at Lincoln as well , who's only 17 but has played in the first team. He looks a good prospect and might have more chance of breaking through next season if they don't get promoted.

They have some cracking attacking players too 4/5 of them. If he stayed and like you say started more games it would be very very interesting to see could he match or go beyond this seasons goal tally. 

To answer McG question with 17 I suspect he is. McGrath had 16 at St Mirren close behind. 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 11:43am
Is he the highest scoring Irish player in England and Scotland? Must be. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 8:45am
I'd say he'll stay on at Lincoln either way. If they don't go up he needs to nail down a first team spot next season, it's unusual that a player who has scored that many goals isn't a consistent starter but he seems to have off days which results in him being dropped. To be fair though, most forwards have quiet days, it's the nature of the position.

There's Sean Roughan at Lincoln as well , who's only 17 but has played in the first team. He looks a good prospect and might have more chance of breaking through next season if they don't get promoted.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd be asking questions if he wasn't called up given the form of our other attacking options. I'd imagine he's a certainty for a call up.

He has to be called up surely. He’s flying 17 goals and he mightn’t be done yet 2 games to go still. 

If Lincoln don’t go up do you think he gets a transfer? Has to be looked at surely considering his form. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 9:05pm
I think he has a better shout of getting into the ireland team than parrott, idah, Shane Long, o,dowda, Brady, mcclean, maguire, obafemi or Horgan.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 8:54pm
His second goal today was quality.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:42pm
I'd be asking questions if he wasn't called up given the form of our other attacking options. I'd imagine he's a certainty for a call up.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:37pm
Scully deserves a run out in June
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Peterborough were losing 0-3 when they substituted Jack Taylor. Ended up drawing 3-3.

Sure he’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight knowing he’ll be playing in the championship next season
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Peterborough were losing 0-3 when they substituted Jack Taylor. Ended up drawing 3-3.

To be fair to him he's been one of their most important players in their run to promotion and I'd expect he will be a big player for them in the Championship next season so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Scully, like Cullen, seems to be benefitting from cutting ties with West Ham. Conor Coventry would be better doing the same rather than captaining their under 23s but never getting a look in with the first team. Go to a League 1 team, play games and develop as a senior footballer.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 5:01pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
This lad is definitely the biggest positive regarding attacking players we have had this season. I see something about Mick McCarthy going to watch multiple Lincoln games a few weeks back. 

Brennan Johnson is going back to Notts Forest from what I see so every chance it may well be Scully he was going to watch. That’s if Lincoln don’t go up and every chance they will through the play offs the way they have played.

Edited by kevin100 - 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2021 at 4:57pm
Will be really good to see him tested in the championship. There is definitely quality there, needs to up his fitness in my opinion but that can easily be managed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 19>
  Share Topic