Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Pilkington

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:13am
Good strike from him yesterday and good cross fir the 2nd
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:42am
yeah, having a good season, great left foot on him.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 4:47am
Call him up for the friendly in Feb. If he turns down the offer then move on.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Call him up for the friendly in Feb. If he turns down the offer then move on.

I wouldn't even bother - he's waiting for a call from the tans, so leave him f**k right off, IMHO Thumbs Down
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:34am

whats the source that says he's waiting on England?

he'll have some wait i think, cant get a regular place on the Norwich team

Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aye, it tends to be him and Hoolahan who lose out to each other, both very creative in very different ways. I like Pilkington, rate him above most of the young Irish wingers at present. Hopefully he'll represent us some day, but the Euro's will most definitely be too soon.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:51am

I think people are reading into his comment that he would rather be playing Premiership football with Norwich next season than be playing for Ireland at Euro 2012 that he is not fully committed to representing Ireland. I would say it is a fair enough comment for someone who has never been involved in an Ireland senior squad before and has only made his way up to the premiership this season.
He has played for the U-21's before so I would be surprised if he would turn down a chance to come into the Ireland squad ahead of the Euro's if the offer was put to him.
Lampert has commented a couple of times about his 'Irish' players Pilkington, Houlahan and Tierney and how they never let him down and Trap could do with bringing them in.

With regards to him not playing that much, I don't think it's through poor performances. I think it is more a tactical switch when try are trying to play a more defensive game, Pilkington is losing out. But Lambert only said yesterday that he is delighted with Pilkington
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I think people are reading into his comment that he would rather be playing Premiership football with Norwich next season than be playing for Ireland at Euro 2012 that he is not fully committed to representing Ireland. I would say it is a fair enough comment for someone who has never been involved in an Ireland senior squad before and has only made his way up to the premiership this season.
He has played for the U-21's before so I would be surprised if he would turn down a chance to come into the Ireland squad ahead of the Euro's if the offer was put to him.
Lampert has commented a couple of times about his 'Irish' players Pilkington, Houlahan and Tierney and how they never let him down and Trap could do with bringing them in.

With regards to him not playing that much, I don't think it's through poor performances. I think it is more a tactical switch when try are trying to play a more defensive game, Pilkington is losing out. But Lambert only said yesterday that he is delighted with Pilkington

I can't find a link to the exact quote, but I heard/read an interview with him from about two months ago where he said if Ireland and England both called him up he'd "have to think about it"............pretty fair to assume he's not overly committed to us, if that quote is indeed correct, which I believe it is.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

I can't find a link to the exact quote, but I heard/read an interview with him from about two months ago where he said if Ireland and England both called him up he'd "have to think about it"............pretty fair to assume he's not overly committed to us, if that quote is indeed correct, which I believe it is.
Rubbish! Ye can't just dish a player just because you heard somewhere that he's considering his options- something he's perfectly entitled to do anyway.
5 goals to go Robbie!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 1:53pm
we wont know until if/when he is called into a squad
or unless he does an interview,until then its all pointless hearsay,id like to see him onboard tho
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Rubbish! Ye can't just dish a player just because you heard somewhere that he's considering his options- something he's perfectly entitled to do anyway.

I never said that he wasn't entitled to consider his options, but that's the whole point really, isn't it - that if he was dedicated/committed to us, if he really 'felt' Irish(or was proud enough of his Irish roots), there wouldn't be anything to consider, would there??

Let him 'consider' all he wants - he isn't good enough for England and if he picks us as some sort of consolation prize he can go and f**k himself, IMHO.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 2:17pm

I never said that he wasn't entitled to consider his options, but that's the whole point really, isn't it - that if he was dedicated/committed to us, if he really 'felt' Irish(or was proud enough of his Irish roots), there wouldn't be anything to consider, would there??

Let him 'consider' all he wants - he isn't good enough for England and if he picks us as some sort of consolation prize he can go and f**k himself, IMHO.

The lad's fully entitled to choose the country of his birth if offered the chance.  I'd love to see him choose the country of his ancestry of course and would be delighted if he did as he looks a real good prospect. So  if he does end up with us- brilliant, but if not then nothing left but to wish the lad good luck with his future career.  We've plenty other options.  We're not that small a nation.  I'd be dissapointed of course but I see no point being bitter about it.  At least he took the trouble to consider us seriously. 

Edited by Trapcandoit - 03 Jan 2012 at 2:22pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2012 at 7:50pm

The lad's fully entitled to choose the country of his birth if offered the chance.  I'd love to see him choose the country of his ancestry of course and would be delighted if he did as he looks a real good prospect. So  if he does end up with us- brilliant, but if not then nothing left but to wish the lad good luck with his future career.  We've plenty other options.  We're not that small a nation.  I'd be dissapointed of course but I see no point being bitter about it.  At least he took the trouble to consider us seriously. 

Fair enough - I'd rather he actually play for them if he doesn't feel like it's the right thing to do to declare for us. Why bother if your heart's not in it?? We don't need any half-hearted plastic-paddies - we've plenty of lads who're totally committed to our cause. And, IMHO, if his heart was in it, he'd have nailed his colours clearly and unquestionably to the mast long ago.
Weecounty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weecounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 4:56pm

Wee reminder to Trap with the goal today

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 5:42pm
Does he even want to play for Ireland now????
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 5:43pm
No he doesn't.
Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 5:44pm
I'd take McClean anyday
Say nothing till you hear more
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2012 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

I'd take McClean anyday

+1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 52>
  Share Topic