You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anselmo Garcia McNulty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luis Amor Rodriguez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anselmo Garcia McNulty
    Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:23pm
Could potentially be on the verge of a Bundesliga debut, though with Wolfsburg chasing a CL slot, he might have to wait until August. 

Eintract Frankfurt apparently looking to poach him for Wolfsburg. 

18 year-old started out in the Real Betis youth team (born in Spain to Spanish father, Irish mother) and signed for Wolfsburg, where he is now captain of their youth team.

Has been excellent for us at underage, playing well in the U17 European Championships a couple of years back. 

A centre-back, but has also filled in at left-back at underage. 

More recent information on how he's getting on here: 
Sponsored Links

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:39pm
Very highly regarded and has been for sometime. Not surprised to hear that. He hasn’t played for us for 2 years so naturally my first question is “is he still with us” but he’s a picture of himself celebrating in an Ireland jersey as his profile so I’ll take it he is.

The lad has to be a shoo in for the 19s squad soon or the 21s squad even coming up soon?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:42pm
Another bloody centre back!

Good to hear him doing well though and hopefully he's still fully committed to us.

Also has comfortably the best name in Irish football I would say.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Another bloody centre back!

Good to hear him doing well though and hopefully he's still fully committed to us.

Also has comfortably the best name in Irish football I would say.

Haha...agree with all three thoughts.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 12:56am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Very highly regarded and has been for sometime. Not surprised to hear that. He hasn’t played for us for 2 years so naturally my first question is “is he still with us” but he’s a picture of himself celebrating in an Ireland jersey as his profile so I’ll take it he is.

The lad has to be a shoo in for the 19s squad soon or the 21s squad even coming up soon?

...because hasn't been an u17s or u19s game since his last lot of game(s) for us LOLLOLLOL

The u17s and u19s Euros were cancelled because of the pandemic.

McNulty played all 3 group games for the u17s, scoring 2 goals in process as we topped the group in Nov 2019. The Elite round was due to take place in Mar 2019 but were called off and the tournament was then cancelled.

Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:58am
Great to see another young Irish player broadening their horizons by playing in a top league abroad. A player like that we should be looking at fast tracking into the under 21s at least, and maybe even the senior team if he's ready. I hope Jim Crawford sets up a zoom call like he did with John Joe Finn to make sure that he's in the fold for the under 21 training camp this Summer. Imperative that he does not be allowed to slip away.

The last few years have been tough, but the future is a lot brighter for Irish football with many plying their trade abroad. We've already got John Joe Finn making a breakthrough at Getafe. Noss and Rose in the Bundesliga. Zefi and Heffernan in Serie A. Cullen playing for a top club in Belgium, and even Byrne playing for a top club in Cyprus. Now we've got McNulty to add to that list. 

Add that to the players who're already coming through in England like Obafemi, Connolly, Parrott, Idah, Molumby, Knight, Omobamidele, Bazunu, Odubeko, Smallbone, Coventry, Collins etc. We could have a serious wall of talent coming through for Euro 2024. Its all very exciting.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Great to see another young Irish player broadening their horizons by playing in a top league abroad. A player like that we should be looking at fast tracking into the under 21s at least, and maybe even the senior team if he's ready. I hope Jim Crawford sets up a zoom call like he did with John Joe Finn to make sure that he's in the fold for the under 21 training camp this Summer. Imperative that he does not be allowed to slip away.

The last few years have been tough, but the future is a lot brighter for Irish football with many plying their trade abroad. We've already got John Joe Finn making a breakthrough at Getafe. Noss and Rose in the Bundesliga. Zefi and Heffernan in Serie A. Cullen playing for a top club in Belgium, and even Byrne playing for a top club in Cyprus. Now we've got McNulty to add to that list. 

Add that to the players who're already coming through in England like Obafemi, Connolly, Parrott, Idah, Molumby, Knight, Omobamidele, Bazunu, Odubeko, Smallbone, Coventry, Collins etc. We could have a serious wall of talent coming through for Euro 2024. Its all very exciting.
Zefi and Heffernan haven’t signed for anyone yet as far as I know. Heffernan was over on trial and Zefi was just linked with Inter Milan
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:42am

His is not a situation that is typical of the majority of our players though. His parents are from different countries. You'd imagine he speaks at least 2 languages. He is better prepared to play in another European league than most of our players in our footballing history. 

It's not as if he was born and bred in Ireland with exposure to only one culture and speaking only 1 language and has chosen not to follow the well travelled path to English football. If and when that happens, then we will have a real shift our players outlooks.

Learning his trade in Germany will do him no harm though.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:35am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His is not a situation that is typical of the majority of our players though. His parents are from different countries. You'd imagine he speaks at least 2 languages. He is better prepared to play in another European league than most of our players in our footballing history. 

It's not as if he was born and bred in Ireland with exposure to only one culture and speaking only 1 language and has chosen not to follow the well travelled path to English football. If and when that happens, then we will have a real shift our players outlooks.

Learning his trade in Germany will do him no harm though.

I just hope that Zefi doesn't switch to Albania. Especially if he moves to Italy, where there are stronger links with Albania than there are with Ireland. I think I read that a lot of his family are already over there.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I just hope that Zefi doesn't switch to Albania. Especially if he moves to Italy, where there are stronger links with Albania than there are with Ireland. I think I read that a lot of his family are already over there.

Check out an interview he did a while back...that lad is playing for nobody if not Ireland...he's as Dublin as you get Big smile

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:49am
Yeah no worries about Zefi after listening to him.

Is he defo going to Italy? Never seen that was fully confirmed 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 1:19pm

Thing is you have missed names there Kelleher O’Shea McNamara Scully, Lee and Tom O’Connor, Luca Connell,Ebosele are part of a big Celtic and Derby contingent. We also have a growing Brighton contingent. Apparently Joel Bagan and Flynn Clarke are two more in the process declaring two nice prospects. I have missed more even with that. 

What’s encouraging is that the talent born in 02,03,04,05 look every bit as promising as the talent born from 98-01 the players mentioned above. Omobamidele Bazunu Parrott Ebosele Odubeko born in 2002 through the Irish system already playing men’s football/on the cusp of it at a decent level. 

What’s doubly encouraging is from the 03-05 age groups an awful lot of our top talent are attacking players. Ferguson Zefi Kavanagh Moran Kenny at Sligo Mcgloughlin in Spain too. That’s something that’s actually necessary with a view to 5/6 years time when hopefully with the hoards of names mentioned above we will have a few decent attackers. 
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:51am
i think the most encouraging part of this is there is a large volume of players. because a very high % will disappear and not make it at senior level so that gives us a chance. we are not depending on one or two players making it.
It's not me it's you:-)
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:21am
The numbers are improving at youth level, no question. Every club in the top two divisions in England, other than Barnsley, had an Irish player on their books at some level this season, and the numbers in continental Europe are growing as well.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 2:30pm
Linked with Marseille in the French press.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 3:29pm

Linked with Marseille in the French press.

Linked with Sevilla and Eintracht Frankfurt too. Are Wolfsburg good at bringing young players through?? 

Deji Sotona is at Nice as well. They cancelled reserve football in France the season gone but Sotona was training with the first team regularly and already is listed with the first team squad and even has a shirt number 34 which shows they have mass in him and is seen as one to come into the first team in the coming years.

If it’s going to be cancelled next season too unless they are going straight into the first team it’s an awkward one. 

Edited by kevin100 - 10 Jun 2021 at 3:35pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 1:29pm
Wolfsburg want to send him on loan next month and he is wanted by second division clubs Werder Bremen and Nurnberg.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 2:16pm

Wolfsburg want to send him on loan next month and he is wanted by second division clubs Werder Bremen and Nurnberg.
Another positive move if this happens like Conor Noß's proposed move. Again I hope there's a clause that he has to play X amount of minutes.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic