You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Catholic Church thread - Jayzus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Because I find the whole catholic church and their followers sickening to be honest. The amount of harm and lives they have ruined over THOUSANDS of years. Having a few people upset that they didn't get to see their paedo king talk to a man in the sky puts a smile on my face.

So in essence you are happy to inflict your beliefs upon others? Sounds to me like you may have a bit more in common with the old school version of the RCC than you might like to admit.

So because I'm happy people didn't get to see him that somehow means I'm not inflicting my beliefs on others? Confused
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:34pm

Because I find the whole catholic church and their followers sickening to be honest. The amount of harm and lives they have ruined over THOUSANDS of years. Having a few people upset that they didn't get to see their paedo king talk to a man in the sky puts a smile on my face.

So in essence you are happy to inflict your beliefs upon others? Sounds to me like you may have a bit more in common with the old school version of the RCC than you might like to admit.

So because I'm happy people didn't get to see him that somehow means I'm not inflicting my beliefs on others? Confused

A roamin' in the gloamin'..............
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 4:41pm

If you're supporting those who took tickets with the specific intention of preventing others from attending then, yes. You're perfectly entitled to think it's all a load of b*ll*x (I certainly find all forms of organised religion to be so myself) but once you obstruct someone, or in this instance support people who are obstructing someone, from doing something that they want to do because you personally believe it to be nonsense you are inflicting your beliefs upon them.

Not sure how you'd expect someone to reach a different conclusion tbh.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 7:21pm
Bhob, what you’re saying would actually go against the spirit of the “protest”. As pointless as I believe it was, it was supposed to be a representation of those who could be there, but actively didn’t attend. From what I could gather, it was not about actively preventing people attending which, no matter what your views on the Church, would just be mean spirited and a very personal and individualist approach to protest, which would equate to enforcing a belief.

Edited by Het-field - 27 Aug 2018 at 7:22pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 7:26pm
Did these people buy tickets and not go?  Why would you protest about the church by giving them money??
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:00pm

So because I'm happy people didn't get to see him that somehow means I'm not inflicting my beliefs on others? Confused

If you're supporting those who took tickets with the specific intention of preventing others from attending then, yes. You're perfectly entitled to think it's all a load of b*ll*x (I certainly find all forms of organised religion to be so myself) but once you obstruct someone, or in this instance support people who are obstructing someone, from doing something that they want to do because you personally believe it to be nonsense you are inflicting your beliefs upon them.

Not sure how you'd expect someone to reach a different conclusion tbh.

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Bhob, what you’re saying would actually go against the spirit of the “protest”. As pointless as I believe it was, it was supposed to be a representation of those who could be there, but actively didn’t attend. From what I could gather, it was not about actively preventing people attending which, no matter what your views on the Church, would just be mean spirited and a very personal and individualist approach to protest, which would equate to enforcing a belief.

The two of you going on that by people signing up for free tickets and not using them is them forcing their beliefs on others? How about they did it to protest the state wasting millions on this visit and effectively closing down Dublin for a weekend to facilitate something they didn't want to be part of? Again, it's laughable you both think this form of protest is forcing ones belief, considering this is the RCC we're comparing it to. An institution that has for thousands of years murdered people for standing up to them or even how about when our parents were forced on a daily basis to believe they were sinners in the eyes of the lord for such small things like being left handed (yes i know people who got slapped around by priests for being left handed). Saying that people taking free tickets is forcing their beliefs I personally find laughable when you compare to whats on the other side.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Did these people buy tickets and not go?  Why would you protest about the church by giving them money??
It was free for adults, one blow job for anybody under fourteen.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 8:13pm
Regardless of if you like it or not, people enjoy a freedom to practise their Religion. It may not accord to your tastes, but it’s a fundamental freedom. The converse is, we don’t have to practise any religion and are free to dissent and defect as and when we choose. We are free to criticise and free to call religion to account. There are numerous members of the Church that I know who willingly criticise the failings and sins of the church, and still choose to attend. You have full authority to point out the contradictions and fallacies and it is for them to respond

However, does that extend to deliberately standing in front of somebody who may see as part of performing their religion, attending the Mass at the Phoenix Park on Sunday? What does that achieve?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 8:52am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

It was free for adults, one blow job for anybody under fourteen.

LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Why do people put a z in the word dope? Never got that.

it's phonetic way of spelling it in some Dublin accents, yah bleedin dzope etc etc 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 11:17am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

It's worth a listen

https://www.rte.ie/radio1/doconone/2017/1019/913540-frank-staggs-concrete-plot/

Not quite the right thread but there's a documentary on tg4 tonight focussing on his death and the aftermath.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 6:56pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:05pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:02pm
Some Catholic churches in Dublin are set to introduce contactless payment card machines to allow Mass-goers to make financial donations to the church.

The Archdiocese of Dublin is trying out the new technology in a bid to boost its finances which have suffered from falling cash donations in recent years.

Card machines will be installed at the back of a small number of churches.

A representative of the archdiocese told BBC News NI they want to provide parishioners with "options" to donate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47252302

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Some Catholic churches in Dublin are set to introduce contactless payment card machines to allow Mass-goers to make financial donations to the church.

The Archdiocese of Dublin is trying out the new technology in a bid to boost its finances which have suffered from falling cash donations in recent years.

Card machines will be installed at the back of a small number of churches.

A representative of the archdiocese told BBC News NI they want to provide parishioners with "options" to donate.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-47252302

If only they had introduced contactless altar boys...
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 1:19pm
LOL
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 2:45pm
Hopefully some day in the future , these f**kers will have to pay tax like everyone else. Money grabbing brainwashing molesting ****s
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2019 at 6:10pm
They should be taxed and taxed highly and money from it going to the victims of the paedo priests and girls in laundries
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16171819>
  Share Topic