You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

PS If your job was closed on Friday it is NOT your fault and you should not be punished. 

I was told it all depends on your contract. Everywhere will be different.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

PS If your job was closed on Friday it is NOT your fault and you should not be punished. 

I was told it all depends on your contract. Everywhere will be different.
Force Majeure ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 5:53pm
This query is more to do with sick leave.

I work in finance and have gotten a doctor/cert to state I'm unable to work for 2 weeks. (9 working days due to bank holiday) I tore a calf muscle and have to keep it rested, elevated, iced etc I'm currently back home on the other side of the country so both the gp and doctor in the hospital told me notto travel.

Work are now advising after 7 consecutive days out  to ask my doctor for some social welfare cert. 

Does this mean work won't pay me sick leave after  7 days or welfare pay some of it? I was just made perm back in May and expect work to pay me as I've provided my cert.

Edited by irishmufc - 10 Aug 2018 at 5:55pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 6:34pm
Depends whats in your contract. 
Some employers pay your full wage while out sick and others give you nothing.
Either way just ask your GP for a social welfare sick cert.They will know exactly what you need.
If work pay you they will want to be reimbursed by Social Welfare for the amount of illness benefit paid out,you must be getting paid from them as I doubt they'd be chasing you otherwise.

Edited by rossieman - 10 Aug 2018 at 6:40pm
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:32pm
You're taking 2 weeks off an office job for a torn calf? Jesus f**king christ id sack ye now.
@AntrimMan85
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:57pm
AM LOL

About 2 years ago i smashed my head open, ended up getting 13 stitches in my forehead and took 4 days off. 2 weeks for a torn calf muscle seems excessive 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

You're taking 2 weeks off an office job for a torn calf? Jesus f**king christ id sack ye now.

LOL

I agree.

I was back in work 2 days after knee surgery
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 8:07pm
Can you not work from home?
Work remotely?
Surely a bit of laptop work?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL

I agree.

I had open heart surgery in the morning and was back at work in the afternoon FFS. 2 weeks for a sore leg
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

LOL

I agree.

I had open heart surgery in the morning and was back at work in the afternoon FFS. 2 weeks for a sore leg

Clap

Impressive sir
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I work in finance and have gotten a doctor/cert to state I'm unable to work for 2 weeks. (9 working days due to bank holiday) I tore a calf muscle and have to keep it rested, elevated, iced etc I'm currently back home on the other side of the country so both the gp and doctor in the hospital told me notto travel.

Work are now advising after 7 consecutive days out  to ask my doctor for some social welfare cert. 

Does this mean work won't pay me sick leave after  7 days or welfare pay some of it? I was just made perm back in May and expect work to pay me as I've provided my cert.

That's pretty common, just means welfare pay you instead of the employer , stops companies having to pay massive amounts for people who are long term sick 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:15am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

That's pretty common, just means welfare pay you instead of the employer , stops companies having to pay massive amounts for people who are long term sick 
Illness benefit takes a good number of weeks to be paid though.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:23pm

If this happened before you were made permanent, I'd bet you would have hobbled around the office for those 2 weeks.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:34pm
Whether he would have or not, what the f**k has that got to do with anything?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

If this happened before you were made permanent, I'd bet you would have hobbled around the office for those 2 weeks.

Ya says more about personal attitude than anything. If it was a critical organ different story
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:54pm
f**k sake...had a broken leg (fibula) for 3 months before i got it checked. Man the fcuk up muff and go to your work.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sure some of these lads would go into work the day after they died .

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Sure some of these lads would go into work the day after they died .

'tis bizarre alright! I'd say something if he worked for a small operation or something, but lads expecting him to ignore medical advice for a f**king office job?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic