You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Work in the insurance industry.

I get 25 days standard and the ability to buy 5 more per annum.

An additional standard holiday is given after 5 years service

Is that a common occurrence in some jobs. Being able to buy extra annual leave?
Is it different from having an arrangement for unpaid leave?
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:14pm
Self employed myself, I work off the Irish Horse Racing Fixture Calendar so it's great to have your year mapped out location wise but the downside is that if I'm sick and can't go to work = no wages. 

Long term plan is to get into the head office in HRI so I'll have a far more regular working career. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

We have it in mine but it's part of a benefits option. SoI have x amount in benefits pool. I can choose to receive it as taxable income or I can use it on buying things at source like days off, pension, health etc.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Self employed myself, I work off the Irish Horse Racing Fixture Calendar so it's great to have your year mapped out location wise but the downside is that if I'm sick and can't go to work = no wages. 

Long term plan is to get into the head office in HRI so I'll have a far more regular working career. 
Maybe if you manage to get that job you might be able to make the new stand in Naas racecourse accessible to everyone! Unfortunately the upstairs part of this new building is for owners and trainers yet of course the Irish taxpayer paid for it

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 14 Feb 2018 at 10:29pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

My company only introduced it in the last few years but it seems to becoming more popular with the whole worklife balance drive.

Essentially it’s the same as unpaid leave as it’s calculated on a day rate.

Say if your salary is €110K and you are expected to work 220 days a year.
You pay €500 for each extra day off.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Maybe if you manage to get that job you might be able to make the new stand in Naas racecourse accessible to everyone! Unfortunately the upstairs part of this new building is for owners and trainers yet of course the Irish taxpayer paid for it

Sure let me know some day you're going up an I'll try get you a pass or two! LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:44pm

Sure let me know some day you're going up an I'll try get you a pass or two! LOL
Good man! It looks very impressive alright! The last day in Naas they were allowing the general public up after racing for a look but people do be gone as soon as the bumper is over this time of year! The new viewing platform looks a great place to watch a finish as it's practically on the winning line

Edited by Trigboy 10 - 14 Feb 2018 at 11:45pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I get 20 days + bank holiday, 10 paid sick days.

You get an extra day after 5 years, 2 after 7, 3 after 10, 4 after 12 and 5 after 15years, that's when it's capped.

When I lived in Vancouver, my first job you got 10 days holidays and they took 2 off you for them closing the office on Christmas eve and NYE, so you had 8 for the year, couldn't even take 2 weeks off, no paid sick leave.

What sector is this Bhob? 

Also, have to laugh at the 10 paid sick days. So Irish. Im sure most have integrity but almost telling people to be sick. 

Now working a 4 on 4 off roster 12 hour shifts
Year 1-7 is 21 days leave
Years 7-14 22 days
Years 14+ is 23 days. Cirrently capped at 23. Work a BH get an extra day
Sick pay of 20 days in a rolling 12 month period with first 3 days of absence unpaid. So you cant take a sicky on a Monday and get paid.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2018 at 9:08am

Good man! It looks very impressive alright! The last day in Naas they were allowing the general public up after racing for a look but people do be gone as soon as the bumper is over this time of year! The new viewing platform looks a great place to watch a finish as it's practically on the winning line

Oi, get out of my thread with your sh1te talk. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2018 at 1:20pm
Any more lads?

Really handy if i could get a few more ideas. Thanks. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2018 at 8:20am
Anyone who uses uncertified leave as annual leave is basically ruining their career IMO. If you are sick you are sick and should have a cert from your doctor.
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:01pm
Random question if you take volunteer redundancy from a company is there any legal reasons you can't start a new job straight away or must you wait a certain amount of time
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:05pm
You been gearboxed chief?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:13pm
No reason, depending on your current contract of course. Even non-compete clauses might be a restraint of trade. Also, plenty of companies will put you on gardening leave if you give notice and intend to leave for a rival, but if they are making you voluntarily redundant, I don't see why you can't take the cash then start a new job straight away.... but it does depend on the terms of your contract.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2018 at 9:33pm
Nope just wondering really
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:37am
How will these snow days affect people?
Think I heard that some people have to use them as holiday days, or if you're not in you're not getting paid. Now that would be sh*t.
The dark side.. And the light
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

How will these snow days affect people?
Think I heard that some people have to use them as holiday days, or if you're not in you're not getting paid. Now that would be sh*t.

We finished up @ 11.30 on Wednesday. Anyone that came in will be paid in full, those that didn’t won’t.
We still haven’t reopened & all permanent staff rostered will be paid while we’re closed.
Contract staff I think are in different situation

Edited by 9fingers - 02 Mar 2018 at 9:56am
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
McG I work in Finance for a US Multinational - 25 annual leave days. Not sure if they increase as your service builds up or not
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic