You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Work in Local Government in the 6 counties

23 days standard leave on top of Bank and Public Holidays
28 days standard leave after 5 years
Think it then goes up to 30 or more after 10 years.

Pretty generous

Not as good as down here.

You can come in late every Monday and finish at 1pm every Friday.

And the bit in between you don't actually fcuking do anything.

Not quite true, you have core hours you have to be in, mine are 10-12.30 and 2.30-4,they're different in others councils, around that you can work whatever hours you want as long as you work your 37 hours in a week.

30 days annual leave and 13 flexi days though😎

What are the flexi days?

I've a friend who works for the government and he has the work hours you mention above but they also have this "sick policy".
They are allowed 2 sick days a month so if they dont actually need them they just take 2 extra days holidays .... all off the record!

If you work up an extra 7.5 hours in a month you can take a day off, it's effectively instead of paying overtime
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
My missus works in one of those new age fancy tech companies and they get unlimited paid time off
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

I get 20 days + bank holiday, 10 paid sick days.

You get an extra day after 5 years, 2 after 7, 3 after 10, 4 after 12 and 5 after 15years, that's when it's capped.

When I lived in Vancouver, my first job you got 10 days holidays and they took 2 off you for them closing the office on Christmas eve and NYE, so you had 8 for the year, couldn't even take 2 weeks off, no paid sick leave.

American holidays seem to be along the same lines.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:37pm
Work in engineering/manufacturing

Get 20 days plus public holidays
Service days are then awarded, so for every 5 years you get an extra day up to max of 3 days, this only came in last year after pressure from the union

You also get days in lieu if you have to travel at weekends

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:45pm

Pretty generous

Not quite true, you have core hours you have to be in, mine are 10-12.30 and 2.30-4,they're different in others councils, around that you can work whatever hours you want as long as you work your 37 hours in a week.

What are the flexi days?

I've a friend who works for the government and he has the work hours you mention above but they also have this "sick policy".
They are allowed 2 sick days a month so if they dont actually need them they just take 2 extra days holidays .... all off the record!

Flexi Days are days off work in lieu of time previously worked. In the Irish CS, its possible to have 19.5 days off if you work the hours in advance. You are allowed to take 1.5 days off in any four week period provided you have worked the additional hours in the previous four week period. Over the year you are working the same number of hours.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 1:59pm
Where I'm working we get 1 day extra leave after 5,10,12,14 year's service. Start off on 23 days.

Also overtime is available for a few months of the year and you can take pay or be given the OT hours to build up time off.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:14pm

You get an extra day after 5 years, 2 after 7, 3 after 10, 4 after 12 and 5 after 15years, that's when it's capped.

When I lived in Vancouver, my first job you got 10 days holidays and they took 2 off you for them closing the office on Christmas eve and NYE, so you had 8 for the year, couldn't even take 2 weeks off, no paid sick leave.

What sector is this Bhob? 

Also, have to laugh at the 10 paid sick days. So Irish. Im sure most have integrity but almost telling people to be sick. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Also, have to laugh at the 10 paid sick days. So Irish. Im sure most have integrity but almost telling people to be sick. 

Shipping and Transport
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 2:36pm
Self employed... work a lot of hours but take just as much holidays . pros and cons to it but happy out
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

7 paid sick days where I am. Basically told never go over 7 and you will be OK
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:00pm
I Just started in a new job in engineering in December (in the UK). Start off on 20 days for he first year. Goes to 25 in the second and then it's plus 1 day a year up until 30 days off. Not bad but only 20 days this year is a bit rubbish.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Pretty generous

What are the flexi days?

Flexi Days are days off work in lieu of time previously worked. In the Irish CS, its possible to have 19.5 days off if you work the hours in advance. You are allowed to take 1.5 days off in any four week period provided you have worked the additional hours in the previous four week period. Over the year you are working the same number of hours.

In the NICS we can take 3 flexi days in any four week period and can even take flexi if our flexi is in the minus, as long as it doesn't go below -14.50 by the end of the 4 week period.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:26pm
22 standard
10 paid uncertified sick days
Benefit pool that is about 6% of salary that can used towards different benefit options which includes additional days options:
Can buy up to 5 additional unpaid leave under 5 year employment.
Can buy up to 10 addional unpaid leave if more than 5 years employment .

Edited by t_rAndy - 14 Feb 2018 at 4:27pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 4:53pm
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 5:26pm
I work in the civil service and for anyone with less that five years it's twenty two days.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

I work in the civil service and for anyone with less that five years it's twenty two days.
Is that 22 days off or working?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 6:03pm
Work in the insurance industry.

I get 25 days standard and the ability to buy 5 more per annum.

An additional standard holiday is given after 5 years service
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

I Just started in a new job in engineering in December (in the UK). Start off on 20 days for he first year. Goes to 25 in the second and then it's plus 1 day a year up until 30 days off. Not bad but only 20 days this year is a bit rubbish.

Well there's no World Cup to worry about I suppose Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic