You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annual Leave increments in the job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Annual Leave increments in the job
    Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:21am
Anybody work in an industry where there is a system in place to give staff annual leave increments when they hit milestones? 23 days after 5 years and so on?

If so, can you divulge the industry or even better, pm me with specifics?

Working on a proposal in work (Retail and Manufacturing) so need specifics. 

Thanks. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:37am
working in finance. it's company specific, but if you've a year of service (strict on being with the company from 1st jan) then you get an extra day for the next year. can obviously only be a certain amount of additional days, not sure what this is restricted to. I'd done three full years and gone from 22 to 25
a lad had start on 3rd jan and didn't get the increment for the following year. same with bonuses, if not in the company on 1st sept then you are not included in the pot.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:42am
Up to 2 years ago I worked in the construction industry. With my previous employer you received 1 additional days leave for every 5 years of continuous service. I was there 9 years and received 1 additional day in that period. Now that I work in the civil service I no longer receive that particular "benefit" in any shape of form.

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Feb 2018 at 9:46am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:46am
Working in Finance

23 days is the standard
2 additional days for 3 completed years of service at the start of the year
1 extra after 5 years
2 extra after 10 years

Get an extra day when you become an officer in the company

And recently introduced you can buy up to 5 additional days

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:49am
PM sent
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:53am
Work in Local Government in the 6 counties

23 days standard leave on top of Bank and Public Holidays
28 days standard leave after 5 years
Think it then goes up to 30 or more after 10 years.

Pretty generous
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 9:56am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Pretty generous
Not as good as down here.

You can come in late every Monday and finish at 1pm every Friday.

And the bit in between you don't actually fcuking do anything.

Edited by Gary McKay - 14 Feb 2018 at 9:57am
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:10am
Work in the FMCG sector. I'm sure this is company specific, we get an extra days for every 5 years service. They calculate this on a full calendar year so if you started midway through January, you'd essentially have to work an extra year to get your extra day off.  

Leave is 20 days standard. I'm in here 12 years so I'm on 22 days. 

We can also take a days hols if we work 8 hours overtime in the previous quarter so that bumps me up to 26 days
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:42am
Sales for a PLC
We started on 25 days (newbies only get 22).
After 20 years you get an extra 5 days.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Pretty generous

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:14am

Pretty generous

Not quite true, you have core hours you have to be in, mine are 10-12.30 and 2.30-4,they're different in others councils, around that you can work whatever hours you want as long as you work your 37 hours in a week.

30 days annual leave and 13 flexi days though😎
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:25am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Pretty generous

Not quite true, you have core hours you have to be in, mine are 10-12.30 and 2.30-4,they're different in others councils, around that you can work whatever hours you want as long as you work your 37 hours in a week.

30 days annual leave and 13 flexi days though😎

What are the flexi days?

I've a friend who works for the government and he has the work hours you mention above but they also have this "sick policy".
They are allowed 2 sick days a month so if they dont actually need them they just take 2 extra days holidays .... all off the record!

Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:27am
It is based on pay grade mainly here. The higher your grade the more annual leave you get
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Jackson denied having sex with her. However the victem went to the hospital and got checked out and she had a small tear in her vagina or something like that.
Would they have captured DNA since it was an alleged rape?
I think that would count as a sick day.

LOL

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Up to 2 years ago I worked in the construction industry. With my previous employer you received 1 additional days leave for every 5 years of continuous service. I was there 9 years and received 1 additional day in that period. Now that I work in the civil service I no longer receive that particular "benefit" in any shape of form.

When I started the Civil Service we had 25 annual days leave after 5 years service that went up to 30.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

When I started the Civil Service we had 25 annual days leave after 5 years service that went up to 30.

Ah I'm in the British Civil Service. 30 days holiday & Flexi working. Can carry over days should you not use up your allowance but there's no mechanism to increase your annual leave allowance.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:35pm
Work in manufacturing.20 days plus bank hold. No sick leave and have been here 11 years, pay has actually decreased by 10% as we don’t make money apparently. Private sector, that’s the life!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 12:47pm
I get 20 days + bank holiday, 10 paid sick days.

You get an extra day after 5 years, 2 after 7, 3 after 10, 4 after 12 and 5 after 15years, that's when it's capped.

When I lived in Vancouver, my first job you got 10 days holidays and they took 2 off you for them closing the office on Christmas eve and NYE, so you had 8 for the year, couldn't even take 2 weeks off, no paid sick leave.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic