You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anglo trial

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:05pm
Keep the crime white collar and join the right golf club and you'll be fine.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2014 at 1:44pm
Another proud day for Ireland.........

"Shoes off for the Anglo Boys"........

Sure they only did it in the national interest.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 4:45pm
Date fixed for the next trial, February 2nd, 2015.... mad delays in the Circuit Court at the minute with a few long trials in particular delaying things. It was originally fixed for October but has been pushed back. The next one is to do with the alleged failure to disclose loans from Irish Nationwide to him. From the Irish Times:

"He faces 12 counts of failing to disclose to auditors Ernst & Young the true value of loans worth at least €139 million given to him or people connected to him, by Irish Nationwide Building Society from 2002 to 2007 while he was an officer of the bank."

Link: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/se%C3%A1n-fitzpatrick-trial-over-139m-loans-put-back-1.1803755
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2014 at 5:36pm
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cha-ching for the legal firms Beer
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 11:50pm
David Drumm found guilty of conspiracy to defraud. Don't think tis time to celebrate yet before the inevitable appeal, then the collapse of the 2nd trial for, ah, reasons or whatever the usual is for these lads who seemingly can't get a fair trial in this country, but not a bad start all the same. Can't get a cent out of him of course, because as is also the norm, as he transferred most of his wealth to his wife, a resident of the USA, like he was himself for a while before he was extradited. 

Any more of this carry on and we might become a properly functioning country, it's just not on. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 10:59am
He was always going to be the fall guy as he left the country. Still a few years (probably months) in jail is better than nothing.

Seanie Fitz should be in there with him
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:38pm
Sentenced to 6 years......until his appeal comes through..

Edited by Sham157 - 20 Jun 2018 at 4:39pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 4:44pm
Don't see him getting anything off it on appeal IMO 

6 years is what I was expecting him to get

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Jun 2018 at 4:45pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:00pm
Its a truly shocking sentence IMO. Its the same amount of time as the lad who was caught declaring garlic as carrots or some spoof like that... this hure helped cripple the country which we'll still be paying back in 40yrs and then done a runner. 

Typical shennanigans of the courts. 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:36pm
He will get off on appeal because its making him depressed
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:51pm
Why are people always harping on about the garlic case?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Because it has left a bad taste in peoples mouths
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 7:58pm
Especially when it was reduced on appeal.

It was €5m of tax evasion, ffs. That is very serious and, for an individual, a very high amount of tax to evade. I know there are cases where companies evade more but the garlic case was one of the highest ever in the state.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Especially when it was reduced on appeal.

It was €5m of tax evasion, ffs. That is very serious and, for an individual, a very high amount of tax to evade. I know there are cases where companies evade more but the garlic case was one of the highest ever in the state.
Was it not closer to 2m evaded?

He ended up doing two years instead of 6 and paid all the sum due afaik.

Not sure what people thought Drumm would get sentenced, they were hardly going to give him life sentence. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:48pm
Oh yea, it was. Maybe he had to pay about €5m with all the interest and penalties.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Oh yea, it was. Maybe he had to pay about €5m with all the interest and penalties.
Thumbs Up

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Perspective I would assume.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2018 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by horsebox<br><br>Perspective I would assume.<br><br><br>[/QUOTE horsebox

Perspective I would assume.

[/QUOTE wrote:

What perspective though?

What perspective though?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic